PDA

View Full Version : Lake location help?????

FRANK THE TANK
04-28-2004, 06:07 PM
I always read about people writing about Lake Martinez, Nacimiento and some other ones I can't remember. Would you guys help me out and suggest some close lakes to LA? I need a place to run when I'm not out at the river.
Also, please comment on whether or not water sports are allowed, water condition (i.e. Lake SmellSomeMore), camping, etc.
Thanks and here's a pictures of my boat in case I see you out there this weekend......
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/920P1010035-med.jpg

redneckgirl
04-28-2004, 06:52 PM
Nacimiento is west of Paso Robles (north of San Luis Obispo)... it is a great lake. It is our local lake we go almost every weekend, 45 mins for our house to on the water. If you come up let us know and we can try to hook up for a cold one... It would be nice to have another Shockwave on the lake. :D :D Here is the link to Naci:
http://www.nacimientoresort.com/
RNG

mirvin
04-28-2004, 07:49 PM
Hey rng we'll be at San Antone June 1 - 6. North shore. 2 or 3 boats.
Oh yeah Tank, I think Martinez is south Colorado River. Pretty much strait East from San Diego if I'm not mistaken
mirvin;)

Boatcop
04-28-2004, 07:50 PM
Lake Martinez is on the River down by Yuma. Further from LA than Havasu, Mead, Mohave, or the Strip.
Elsinore is closer, lots of rules, but a high speed run area in the middle.
Castaic has a 35 MPH speed Limit, but is just north of the SF Valley.
And there's always the Mountain lakes. Arrowhead, et al.

Scream
04-28-2004, 08:44 PM
We're pretty screwed locally for Great places to boat. lots of Good places, but not river quality. Probably the closest is Nacimiento or SanAntonio Reservoir. Naci is one of the most beautiful lakes arround and well worth the trip.

ahhell
04-28-2004, 08:46 PM
..............soon

Scream
04-28-2004, 08:58 PM
And exactly when would that beeee.....
Hummmm

ahhell
04-28-2004, 09:01 PM
maybe......next weekend...maybe...i got new tires on my boat:D

Scream
04-28-2004, 09:07 PM
New tires on the boat? Well, it ought to go faster now...
I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing next weekend. We'll get together.

Debbolas
04-28-2004, 09:08 PM
prom

Scream
04-28-2004, 09:22 PM
OOOOHHHH, Prom...
That's gonna cost me...

phebus
04-28-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
prom
You must have a boyfriend that's a senior :D

Scream
04-28-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by phebus
LOL
That's a good one.

FRANK THE TANK
04-28-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by redneckgirl
Nacimiento is west of Paso Robles (north of San Luis Obispo)... it is a great lake. It is our local lake we go almost every weekend, 45 mins for our house to on the water. If you come up let us know and we can try to hook up for a cold one... It would be nice to have another Shockwave on the lake. :D :D Here is the link to Naci: http://www.nacimientoresort.com (Naci)
RNG
Thanks for the info RNG. That website is pretty cool and I'll definitely let you guys know when I head out there for that cold one!

redneckgirl
04-29-2004, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by mirvin
Hey rng we'll be at San Antone June 1 - 6. North shore. 2 or 3 boats.
Will you go to Naci for a day? If so let me know. We prefer Naci, but haven't be to SA in a couple of years maybe we will go over that weekend. :cool: :D
RNG

redneckgirl
04-29-2004, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by FRANK THE TANK
Thanks for the info RNG. That website is pretty cool and I'll definitely let you guys know when I head out there for that cold one!
Great !!! If not before, see ya at the Regatta :D :D
RNG

Debbolas
04-29-2004, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by phebus
shhhhhh, don't tell my husband!
LOL :D

AquaBoogie
04-29-2004, 07:16 AM
Closest lakes to LA are Castaic, Pyramid, Elsinore and Perris. Castaic has a 35 mph limit and no swimming. Pyramid will not be open until after July 4th. Elsinore is, well elsinore and Perris is ......

mirvin
04-29-2004, 10:49 AM
Will you go to Naci for a day? If so let me know. We prefer Naci, but haven't be to SA in a couple of years maybe we will go over that weekend. :cool: :D
RNG
You know, I've never been to Nac. We just always went to san antone. We do the motorhome thing and it's nice to camp 20 feet from the water and leave the boat in overnight and all that stuff.
Probly won't be able to get over there for a day this trip since we've got a big group and a few boats.
Why do you prefer Nac? Just curious.
mirvin

redneckgirl
04-29-2004, 12:57 PM
You know, I've never been to Nac. We just always went to san antone. We do the motorhome thing and it's nice to camp 20 feet from the water and leave the boat in overnight and all that stuff.
Probly won't be able to get over there for a day this trip since we've got a big group and a few boats.
Why do you prefer Nac? Just curious.
mirvin
If you have never been to Naci it is a must!!! I know alot of So Cal prefer SA for the North Shore camping and I can totally understand why... camping at Naci SUCKS !!! We prefer Naci because it is a Dragon shaped lake, lots of forks/coves, places to explore and get away from the main channel. Since we are so close it is great to go out for the day and have our mini vacation (at least that is what we call our days on the lake). We also have friends that have a lake house at Oak Shores, so when we go for the week/weekend we get to stay with them. Oak Shores has great vaction rental homes. Here is the link to Naci, be sure to check out the map. Have fun and maybe we will see you at SA.
RNG
http://www.nacimientoresort.com/

mirvin
04-29-2004, 02:20 PM
Thanks Red;)
mivin

miller19j
04-29-2004, 02:25 PM
Thanks Red;)
mivin Mirvin,
Naci is a much prettier lake that San Antonio. But the camping is not as good. I like naci better as far as lakes go but I always end up going to San Antonio because of the camping.
Just my 2 cents.

Chase
04-29-2004, 02:30 PM
So many rules and regulations on alot of these lakes that were mentioned. Are all these posted somewhere, so a "tourist" would know about these??

Dr. Eagle
04-29-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by miller19j
Mirvin,
Naci is a much prettier lake that San Antonio. But the camping is not as good. I like naci better as far as lakes go but I always end up going to San Antonio because of the camping.
Just my 2 cents.
Naci is a nice lake, but got next to no runoff this year. It will be down to minimum pool mid summer. It is at around 40% now.

miller19j
04-29-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Naci is a nice lake, but got next to no runoff this year. It will be down to minimum pool mid summer. It is at around 40% now. It’s been low for a while. But the locals always go the there. I think that they make a big deal about it so the tourists will go to San Antonio.
PS I go to San Antonio so I want everyone to go to Naci so I can have the lake to myself. :D

redneckgirl
04-29-2004, 02:52 PM
It’s been low for a while. But the locals always go the there. I think that they make a big deal about it so the tourists will go to San Antonio.
PS I go to San Antonio so I want everyone to go to Naci so I can have the lake to myself. :D
Miller stop telling all our secrets :D :D Naci is so low just stay home !!! j/k :D :D :p
RNG

Dr. Eagle
04-29-2004, 02:54 PM
It’s been low for a while. But the locals always go the there. I think that they make a big deal about it so the tourists will go to San Antonio.
I like Nacimiento, but it is too far for me unless I am meeting friends from So. Cal. Otherwise I have a million acres of lakes, rivers and the Delta to boat on a whole lot closer to home. So I'll leave you alone most likely on both waterways.....:D

miller19j
04-29-2004, 02:56 PM
Miller stop telling all our secrets :D :D Naci is so low just stay home !!! j/k :D :D :p
RNG See I knew it! You guys are sending everyone to San Antonio!
I just read in the news that San Antonio has dried up! So everyone go to Naci! :D

LASERRAY
04-29-2004, 06:21 PM
We'll be northshore camping in the new motorhome from Thursday May 6, thru Sunday May 8 for my wifey's birthday. My Laser, and my friends 21' Hallett. Let me know who's coming-out. :cool: I like San Antonio thanks to the shore camping ( very awesome ).
Hey Redneck Girl, I know the camping sucks at Naci, but what campsites would be preferred for a 26' motorhome (full hook-ups)? I'd like to get up there at least a couple of times this year.;) :cool:

redneckgirl
04-29-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
We'll be northshore camping in the new motorhome from Thursday May 6, thru Sunday May 8 for my wifey's birthday. My Laser, and my friends 21' Hallett. Let me know who's coming-out. :cool: I like San Antonio thanks to the shore camping ( very awesome ).
Hey Redneck Girl, I know the camping sucks at Naci, but what campsites would be preferred for a 26' motorhome (full hook-ups)? I'd like to get up there at least a couple of times this year.;) :cool:
Ray I am pretty sure they only have one area of sights with full hook-ups. It is the one that is just to the right of the entrance gate. :) :) Let us know when you are headed up...
RNG

LASERRAY
04-29-2004, 07:37 PM
Ray I am pretty sure they only have one area of sights with full hook-ups. It is the one that is just to the right of the entrance gate. :) :) Let us know when you are headed up...
RNG Are the sights decent, close or far from the ramp? I could also stay at my buddy's casa in Templeton in lieu of camping if I wanted to. Naci is a grat lake, but it's too bad about that water level!;) :D

redneckgirl
04-29-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
Are the sights decent, close or far from the ramp? I could also stay at my buddy's casa in Templeton in lieu of camping if I wanted to. Naci is a grat lake, but it's too bad about that water level!;) :D
The sights seem decent... I can take a picture this weekend, I think we are going Sunday!!!
:D
RNG

LASERRAY
04-29-2004, 08:13 PM
The sights seem decent... I can take a picture this weekend, I think we are going Sunday!!!
:D
RNG That would be too cool of you, thanks in advance.;) Heading-out next Thursday to S.A. Will be on the water early Friday morning and all weekend. Should be hot that weekend. :cool: