PDA

View Full Version : Newport Beach Boat Show

Reaper1
04-28-2004, 07:14 PM
Just got back from the show at the Dunes. $8 for parking. $5 to get in after five o clock. Eliminator was the only performance manufacturer there, all the rest were huge yachts and Boston Whalers. Oh well, thought I would share.:)

Havasu Hangin'
04-28-2004, 07:20 PM
What the hell kind of report is that?
Cliff notes?

Reaper1
04-28-2004, 07:27 PM
It was cold and windy. My wife dressed my kid like she was going to the beach. I was impressed by the guy selling the most stongest glue. Bonds instantly and superior strength.
There was a 25' Daytona there with canopy's that I liked. It had a 575 and a Superchiller.;)
What else?

Tom Slick
04-28-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Reaper1
It was cold and windy. My wife dressed my kid like she was going to the beach. I was impressed by the guy selling the most stongest glue. Bonds instantly and superior strength.
There was a 25' Daytona there with canopy's that I liked. It had a 575 and a Superchiller.;)
What else?
When are you going to quite being a boat show *****/tire kicker and step up to the plate and buy a fricking boat?:D

Havasu Hangin'
04-28-2004, 07:31 PM
What else?
How about some pics of the glue?

MRS. REAPER
04-28-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Tom Slick
When are you going to quite being a boat show *****/tire kicker and step up to the plate and buy a fricking boat?:D .....WON'T BE KICKIN' TIRES MUCH LONGER! :-):wink:

Havasu Hangin'
04-28-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by MRS. REAPER
.....WON'T BE KICKIN' TIRES MUCH LONGER! :-):wink:
Now we know who wears the pants...

Debbolas
04-28-2004, 07:37 PM
Was the booth with the Ocotopus Coolie Cups there? They are so cool, they stick almost any surface of your boat (maybe more of a river item)
How about the box anchor guy, those are cool anchors!
:D

Reaper1
04-28-2004, 07:39 PM
How about some pics of the glue?
You wanna sniff some glue?! :D When are you going to quite being a boat show *****/tire kicker and step up to the plate and buy a fricking boat?
Slick - JP had two boats at the show. That's why we went, porpoise boy.;)

Tom Slick
04-28-2004, 07:39 PM
.....WON'T BE KICKIN' TIRES MUCH LONGER! :-):wink:
Yee Haa. Details, Details, Details. Inquiring minds want to know...:D

Reaper1
04-28-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
Was the booth with the Ocotopus Coolie Cups there? They are so cool, they stick almost any surface of your boat (maybe more of a river item)
How about the box anchor guy, those are cool anchors!
:D
Sorry, didn't look much at the booths, had business to attend to.Now we know who wears the pants...
Yeah, I had to throw her ass off the computer.:eek: My wife is cool, she liked the boat with the bigger engine.:cool:

MRS. REAPER
04-28-2004, 07:47 PM
Yee Haa. Details, Details, Details. Inquiring minds want to know...:D No specific details to report YET, but maybe soon....don't worry, when we finally make the purchase REAPER 1 will be screaming so loud with glee you'll hear him up in 909....ha ha!:) It's fun getting out there looking at options in person, not just staring at computer ads.....we of course have different priorities but we'll work them out! :D

Tom Slick
04-28-2004, 07:48 PM
You wanna sniff some glue?! :D
Slick - JP had two boats at the show. That's why we went, porpoise boy.;)
For a guy with almost 900 posts and has never owned a boat, you sure are getting mouthy in here. Porpoise Boy, I resemble that comment. :D I guess that's what happens when you take a real rough water boat and put it on a smooth lake. Lets drag that Daytona out into the rough stuff and see whats up big guy. Want-to-be cat boy.:p

Debbolas
04-28-2004, 07:48 PM
The first question I always asked was...............how fast does it go? You should have seen the salesmen's faces......LOL :D

Tom Slick
04-28-2004, 07:51 PM
No specific details to report YET, but maybe soon....don't worry, when we finally make the purchase REAPER 1 will be screaming so loud with glee you'll hear him up in 909....ha ha!:) It's fun getting out there looking at options in person, not just staring at computer ads.....we of course have different priorities but we'll work them out! :D
Sure funny how an area code can make someones shit smell better then the others. If my memory serves me correctly, you grew up in the 909 and actually lived here not to long ago. :p

Reaper1
04-28-2004, 07:53 PM
For a guy with almost 900 posts and has never owned a boat, you sure are getting mouthy in here. Porpoise Boy, I resemble that comment. :D I guess that's what happens when you take a real rough water boat and put it on a smooth lake. Lets drag that Daytona out into the rough stuff and see whats up big guy. Want-to-be cat boy.:p Dude, I don't want to sink the new boat.:( I think I'm just getting a little excited knowing that the dream will soon become reality. I gotta go, OC is coming on.:)

MRS. REAPER
04-28-2004, 07:56 PM
Sure funny how an area code can make someones shit smell better then the others. If my memory serves me correctly, you grew up in the 909 and actually lived here not to long ago. :p Believe me, I don't think it smells any better.....MR. REAP has more point of view on that subject than I do.....949 or 909 doesn't matter to me, I grew up there and loved it!:)

Tom Slick
04-28-2004, 07:58 PM
Dude, I don't want to sink the new boat.:( I think I'm just getting a little excited knowing that the dream will soon become reality. I gotta go, OC is coming on.:)
I'm happy for you dude. I can't wait to actually see you out there in your own rig. It's kinda funny that a guy like yourself that loves this stuff as much as you do, doesn't have a boat. Just promise to wait for my porpoising ass when we hit the smooth stuff. ;)