PDA

View Full Version : Need to Vent!!!!

Nubbs
04-29-2004, 07:21 AM
Some of you may have gathered from some previous posts of mine that I supervise a group of 4 low skilled hourly workers. Well they're pissing me off again. Last week, one complained because she felt she was doing more work than the team "leader". Monday, one complained because one was talking about somebody at break. This morning, the other department came in an hour early. Well, two of my workers were mad because they didn't get to come in early for overtime. Even though we don't really have 8 hours of work for them as it is. They work at one constant speed, f$cking Slow:mad: and I really don't crack the whip on them. Yet, they think they're being treated as slaves and always bitch and complain. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Ok, I'm gonna count to 10 now and be happy again.:D
Thanks for letting me vent.
Nubbs

Blown 472
04-29-2004, 07:23 AM
Get a caddle prod, and when they bitch zing em in the tits.

carreraelite
04-29-2004, 07:25 AM
Crack the whip!! Make them get everthing done as fast as possable,then send them home. After a couple of days,maybe they will get the message.

Pesky Varmint
04-29-2004, 07:28 AM
Sounds like they're white people.
You'll get much better work from hispanics or blacks
and a lot less complaining.
Don't flame me, I'm a middle class white myself and
pretty much embarrassed by the youth of my class.
I think the military got all the good ones.
Pesky Varmint

Stupid Fast
04-29-2004, 07:31 AM
Try it with 25 winey asses. Sometimes I feel more like an ADULT CHILD CARE PROVIDER than a BOSS......I feel your pain!!!!

JetBoatRich
04-29-2004, 07:36 AM
It can be very difficult to keep people on track.
I have a few supervisors with several sub-contractors under them. With all the them together, that is a lot of wine. Just need some cheese to go with the wine:mad:

Infomaniac
04-29-2004, 07:37 AM
Easy Nubbs.
1. Make the female complainer the "leader" for a few days and hold her accountable.
2. Next time someone else complains about another. Stop them immediately before they can finish, go get the person they are complaining about, have them finish the complaint in front of the other. In the USA you have the right to face your accuser.
3. Explain that you cannot control what the other team is doing. Invite them to try and move to the other team if that is what will make them happy.

AdrenelineOD
04-29-2004, 07:39 AM
Bunch of workers that where never told to do anything there whole life. Just lay into the pussies that never found out what making money and working mean. They desurve no prais when they do good. They get paid without being bitched at. Thats prais enough!!
WHAT THE F$CK ARE YOU PAID FOR??(you say)

AdrenelineOD
04-29-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by superdave013
Now that's funny! I'll give you the hispanic part but the other is a crack up.
Sounds to me like Nubbs needs to shit can one of them.
This is starting to get wierd, lets leave the facts on the real sandbar.:D

v-drive
04-29-2004, 08:02 AM
I made the comment to you in your last vent to fire the best one and say that because work is slow there could be more. This is about getting the job done and it doesn't sound like they are.
I have about an 75% vietnamese work force now and I really have no more complaints.....:) v-drive

Dr. Eagle
04-29-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Nubbs
Some of you may have gathered from some previous posts of mine that I supervise a group of 4 low skilled hourly workers. Well they're pissing me off again. Last week, one complained because she felt she was doing more work than the team "leader". Monday, one complained because one was talking about somebody at break. This morning, the other department came in an hour early. Well, two of my workers were mad because they didn't get to come in early for overtime. Even though we don't really have 8 hours of work for them as it is. They work at one constant speed, f$cking Slow:mad: and I really don't crack the whip on them. Yet, they think they're being treated as slaves and always bitch and complain. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Ok, I'm gonna count to 10 now and be happy again.:D
Thanks for letting me vent.
Nubbs
I supervise 45 highly skilled...... (well some more than others...) folks and I can tell you they are just as much a pain in the ass... Maybe more they always try to outsmart you...:mad:

Scream
04-29-2004, 08:56 AM
It doesn't matter, 4 or 400, welcome to managment nubbs. We've got about 1/2 men and 1/2 women. Well, Men is a loose term. Some are BOYS and some are PUSSIES. The ones that crack me up are the ones that are well paid, spend more time dodging work and complain about what they are expected to do for the rest of the dollars spent on them...
Women can be more problematic though. The girls here seem to think there needs to be one princess and a lot of lower minions. A definate pecking order arrises, and every one wants to be on top of the heap, and will do just about anything to get there...It's not like it pays more to be head bitch.
good luck and pick up that 12er on the way home...

Ziggy
04-29-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Stupid Fast
Try it with 25 winey asses. Sometimes I feel more like an ADULT CHILD CARE PROVIDER than a BOSS......I feel your pain!!!!
Seems we all have some PreMadonna's to deal with. Keep a warm baby bottle of milk handy and hand it to them when they whine---that always get a grin from them:D

AZmike
04-29-2004, 10:33 AM
Try the a new crew from in front of you local Home Depot!!!:D

Scream
04-29-2004, 11:00 AM
Maybe they don't know they're raggin on ya. Give em a maxi pad when they start and tell them to go back to work. We did this a couple of times to one of our "supervisors" that did nothing but whine about everything. Quieted him down quite a bit

Seadog
04-29-2004, 11:26 AM
If you want to deal with a bunch of whiney idiots, deal with small governing boards, like water districts, small town governments and school boards. Most of these idiots have agendas that they want, even though they violate regulations and common sense. If the people that work for these groups do not snap to, they run them off, or screw them somehow.

Nubbs
04-29-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Pesky Varmint
Sounds like they're white people.
Pesky Varmint
They're not. They're from south of the US border.