PDA

View Full Version : What a ignorant......

fear the turtle
04-29-2004, 10:08 AM
...little ****.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1792200
I'm all for free speech, but this guy just needs a serious beat down.
Tillman proudly joined the military to make those responsible pay for the attacks on 9/11 and ensure nothing like that ever happened again. He specifically requested assignment in Afghanistan to follow through, but I guess this little dumb **** just completely ignores that.
Quote "It wasn't like he was defending the East coast from an invasion of a foreign power. THAT would have been heroic and laudable,"
Quote "He wasn't defending me "
Actually, he was.

HavasuDreamin'
04-29-2004, 10:11 AM
I read that and was totally disgusted. :mad: Problem is, that there are so many stupid people in America, that it was bound to happen. :mad:
I think that student will have to watch his back from now on. :cool:

HCS
04-29-2004, 10:14 AM
There's always one in the crowd somewhere.

Ntwotrance
04-29-2004, 10:20 AM
:mad: that little focker needs his ass kicked for writing that :mad:

Dr. Eagle
04-29-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
There's always one in the crowd somewhere.
He's the pendejo and needs a good beat down.....:mad:

slink
04-29-2004, 10:26 AM
They should book him a speaking engagement at Arizona State University (Tillman's alma mater) and watch the ass kicking commence:mad: :mad:

unleashed
04-29-2004, 10:30 AM
Send his ass back to Puerto Rico! :mad:
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

lurid
04-29-2004, 10:30 AM
here it is
By Rene Gonzalez
April 28, 2004
When the death of Pat Tillman occurred, I turned to my friend who was
watching the news with me and said, "How much you want to bet they start
talking about him as a 'hero' in about two hours?" Of course, my friend did
not want to make that bet. He'd lose. In this self-critical incapable
nation, nothing but a knee-jerk "He's a hero" response is to be expected.
I've been mystified at the absolute nonsense of being in "awe" of Tillman's
"sacrifice" that has been the American response. Mystified, but not
surprised. True, it's not everyday that you forgo a $3.6 million contract
for joining the military. And, not just the regular army, but the elite Army
Rangers. You know he was a real Rambo, who wanted to be in the "real" thick
of things. I could tell he was that type of macho guy, from his scowling,
beefy face on the CNN pictures. Well, he got his wish. Even Rambo got shot
in the third movie, but in real life, you die as a result of being shot.
They should call Pat Tillman's army life "Rambo 4: Rambo Attempts to Strike
Back at His Former Rambo 3 Taliban Friends, and Gets Killed."
But, does that make him a hero? I guess it's a matter of perspective. For
people in the United States, who seem to be unable to admit the stupidity of
both the Afghanistan and Iraqi wars, such a trade-off in life standards (if
not expectancy) is nothing short of heroic. Obviously, the man must be made
of "stronger stuff" to have had decided to "serve" his country rather than
take from it. It's the old JFK exhortation to citizen service to the nation,
and it seems to strike an emotional chord. So, it's understandable why
Americans automatically knee-jerk into hero worship.
However, in my neighborhood in Puerto Rico, Tillman would have been called a
"pendejo," an idiot. Tillman, in the absurd belief that he was defending or
serving his all-powerful country from a seventh-rate, Third World nation
devastated by the previous conflicts it had endured, decided to give up a
comfortable life to place himself in a combat situation that cost him his
life. This was not "Ramon or Tyrone," who joined the military out of
financial necessity, or to have a chance at education. This was a "G.I. Joe"
guy who got what was coming to him. That was not heroism, it was prophetic
idiocy.
Tillman, probably acting out his nationalist-patriotic fantasies forged in
years of exposure to Clint Eastwood and Rambo movies, decided to insert
himself into a conflict he didn't need to insert himself into. It wasn't
like he was defending the East coast from an invasion of a foreign power.
THAT would have been heroic and laudable. What he did was make himself
useful to a foreign invading army, and he paid for it. It's hard to say I
have any sympathy for his death because I don't feel like his "service" was
necessary. He wasn't defending me, nor was he defending the Afghani people.
He was acting out his macho, patriotic crap and I guess someone with a
bigger gun did him in.
Perhaps it's the old, dreamy American thought process that forces them to
put sports greats and "larger than life" sacrificial lambs on the pedestal
of heroism, no matter what they've done. After all, the American nation has
no other role to play but to be the cheerleaders of the home team; a sad
role to have to play during conflicts that suffer from severe legitimacy and
credibility problems.
Matters are a little clearer for those living outside the American borders.
Tillman got himself killed in a country other than his own without having
been forced to go over to that country to kill its people. After all,
whether we like them or not, the Taliban is more Afghani than we are. Their
resistance is more legitimate than our invasion, regardless of the fact that
our social values are probably more enlightened than theirs. For that, he
shouldn't be hailed as a hero, he should be used as a poster boy for the
dangerous consequences of too much "America is #1," frat boy, propaganda
bull. It might just make a regular man irrationally drop $3.6 million to go
fight in a conflict that was anything but "self-defense." The same could be
said of the unusual belief of 50 percent of the American nation that thinks
Saddam Hussein was behind Sept. 11. One must indeed stand in awe of the
amazing success of the American propaganda machine. It works wonders.
Al-Qaeda won't be defeated in Afghanistan, even if we did kill all their
operatives there. Only through careful and logical changing of the
underlying conditions that allow for the ideology to foster will Al-Qaeda be
defeated. Ask the Israelis if 50 years of blunt force have eradicated the
Palestinian resistance. For that reason, Tillman's service, along with that
of thousands of American soldiers, has been wrongly utilized. He did die in
vain, because in the years to come, we will realize the irrationality of the
War on Terror and the American reaction to Sept. 11. The sad part is that we
won't realize it before we send more people like Pat Tillman over to their
deaths.
Rene Gonzalez is a UMass graduate student.

Ntwotrance
04-29-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by slink
They should book him a speaking engagement at Arizona State University (Tillman's alma mater) and watch the ass kicking commence:mad: :mad:
Thinking I'll even chip in for his airline tickets to get to the speaking engagement, would be well worth the cost to have him get his ass kicked beyond recognition....

Dr. Eagle
04-29-2004, 10:33 AM
Well, Lurid, don't know about you, but I'm LIVID.............:mad:

lurid
04-29-2004, 10:35 AM
Lurid definitions----VIOLENTLY, SENSATIONAL
I graduated from ASU in 92

Dr. Eagle
04-29-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by lurid
Lurid definitions----VIOLENTLY, SENSATIONAL
I graduated from ASU in 92
Perfect, you planning on attending the beat down, er um uh, speaking engagement?

mirvin
04-29-2004, 10:36 AM
This guy is a real piece of shit.
Someone needs to find his email address and post it:mad:
mirvin

lurid
04-29-2004, 10:39 AM
mirvin, I got his picture an his e-mail from google search. he is a liberal, thinks Bush equals Hitler, is on board with Palistine and so on, do a Google search of his names and Umass
wonder how the football players in his area feel right now about him

fear the turtle
04-29-2004, 11:11 AM
Picture
http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~jbcp/rene.html
rene@student.umass.edu
renegonzalez7@hotmail.com

Ntwotrance
04-29-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by fear the turtle
Picture
http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~jbcp/rene.html
rene@student.umass.edu
renegonzalez7@hotmail.com
Thanks, sending this POS an email right now.:mad:

Seadog
04-29-2004, 11:19 AM
Someone ought to go ahead and complete the job of making him a p^ssy.

Havasu_Dreamin
04-29-2004, 11:25 AM
He'll probably get what he has coming to him at some point.
While Pat Tillamns death is in no way more tragic than any other soldeirs that have lost their lives in the War on Terror his was different because it sent us back to a different time, a time when you dropped what you were doing and joined in the fight becasue it was the right thing to do. It's what happened in WWII. Pat Tillman was a young man who dropped everything to help defend his country and it's citizens from the enemy. If that is not the definition of a hero I don't know what is.

Ntwotrance
04-29-2004, 11:28 AM
waiting to see if this coward writes me back, probably won't as he needs to hide under his moms skirt.

Nubbs
04-29-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by lurid
here it is
By Rene Gonzalez
April 28, 2004
However, in my neighborhood in Puerto Rico, Tillman would have been called a
"pendejo," an idiot.
And we allow such a cocksucker to live here. :mad: :mad: :mad: He needs to be sent back to his neighborhood to live with the rest of his f$cking pussies.

NoCal NoBoat
04-29-2004, 11:44 AM
keep getting the "site is busy, try again later" message.
I suspect the "Daily Collegian" is getting lit up like a Christmas Tree right now...
Note to self - remind daughter to take UMass off the "maybe" list, just in case it was ever there.
It's poignant that Pat Tillman, and others like him, volunteer to serve and protect our nation and way of life - guaranteeing First Amendment protected speech to chit disturbers like Rene Gonzalez.

HighRoller
04-29-2004, 11:56 AM
First of all, he's a grad student and he can't even express his thoughts articulately or eloquently.(like you're supposed to learn in college)Second, let this be a lesson that this is the kind of brainwashing going on in colleges today. This little turd is one of the cowards who thinks if he criticizes the war against terror, nobody will notice he hasn't got the cajones to join the military and fight. Who the hell is he to criticize Pat Tillman anyways? What expertise, military or otherwise, does he possess that allows him to accurately analyze the war? It's sad when a pimply adolescent who calls himself a college student takes a stand against a real man while hiding behind a typewriter. I'd like to see him go to the nearest Army base, find some Rangers getting ready to be deployed to IRAQ, and tell them exactly what he said about Tillman. Tell them how they're a bunch of nationalist glory hounds and that this war has nothing to do with defending America. I challenge him to be as much of a man as Pat Tillman and stand up for what he believes in. At least in getting his ass kicked he'll gain a little of my respect for backing up his talk. A win-win situation, if you ask me.

H20bug
04-29-2004, 12:13 PM
Geee, I wonder what it cost "US" tax payers to put him thru umass. Free Loans....., free housing........ and still hasnt learned a F%^&%^$#@kin thing. I am willing to bet , that he has NEVER made any sacrifice for anything of higher moral value... one word, "TOOL":mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

OGShocker
04-29-2004, 12:25 PM
Here is more babble from this asswipe!
Rene Gonzalez of the university's Student Government Association's ALANA caucus spoke at the event. He said most Americans have a feeling that laws that make a totalitarian society would not happen in the United States, but his disdain toward the government was clear.
Gonzalez compared the type of government in the United States to fascism. He also said that the little opposition of U.S. citizens to the policies of President Bush is not dissimilar to the rise of Adolf Hitler in the years prior to World War II.
"In Germany, the [support of Hitler] happened first with little things. Then they had a politician with the unquestioning support of his people," he said. "That's what fear in a conformist nation does. That's what's happening [in the United States] today."
Copyright ©2003 Massachusetts Daily Collegian via UWire

OGShocker
04-29-2004, 12:28 PM
We CRASHED their server...LOL
This site is experiencing high traffic. Please try back later today. :D

68campbell
04-29-2004, 12:35 PM
I sent this letter
Mr. Gonzales
What happens if the U.S. stops protecting Puerto Rico? My guess is that Cuba would take the island by storm. There would be a large loss of life, possibly a number of your family would be killed or worse. I've been to Puerto Rico and it would be a shame to have it destroyed by an oppressive government. The Afghani people were unable to protect themselves. Do we as a country that has been blessed with plenty just turn our backs on people in need, according to you the answer is yes. I can only hope that some misfortune befalls you and no one helps you. Then maybe you will understand what it means to care about all people and not just the ones who are part of your selfish little world. As a student you have the right to write about what ever you want. But remember that right was given to you by a group of Macho and Patriotic Rambo's, a lot of which became "sacrificial lambs" for you.
I am proud to live in a country that produces citizens like Pat Tillman and embarrassed that it also produces and educates ignorant and selfish ingrates like you.
I would love for you to respond to this letter, but I won't expect it. Cowards like you tend to hide when confronted.
J. Burnett
American

Dave C
04-29-2004, 12:56 PM
I agree with highroller.
I went to a big time left wing college and this sort of thing does not surprise me at all.
I can hear it all now. According to them, we are all imperialists and we have no right to defend ourselves.
Disgusting.

Froggystyle
04-29-2004, 01:03 PM
I was super pissed about this until I read the whole article. Now... not so much.
This guy is just misguided. At least in terms of what we consider to be founding values that Americans are built from. He lacks a nationalistic compass, and as such repeats immediately what is going through his head, without real thought to problem solving.
Often, I am amazed at the fundamental difference between conservatives (a group which I decidedly lean toward) and liberals is the quality of objection.
I have found conservatives to act on injustices, find answers to dogging questions and overall to try to make the situation, whatever it is, better. I find that overall, conservatives (from a non-fiscal standpoint) are far more likely to act on their beliefs and trust their own judgement to solve problems. Complaints are the first step towards resolution you might say. In short, problems are met with solutions, not more problems.
Liberals on the other hand, and again, this is only in my limited experience, have a propensity towards highlighting problems, dramatizing figures or statistics and not acting on them. In other words... complaining. Complaints are what people of inaction do to let people of action know that something is wrong, and needs to be changed, or at least addressed. Complainers rarely offer solutions, and even more rarely are aware of the more global problems that the initial complaint stems from.
Complaining about an hour long line at the airport, to a conservative is to remind us of the effects of state sponsored terrorism. To a liberal, it just means having to get to the airport before you needed to three years ago.
This guy is complaining that we consider Tillman a hero, and not him, a man willing to speak his mind. Well, in France they may call his OP-ED piece heroic. I consider it an act of childish ignorance.
Several quotes by Mark Twain come to mind when I see pieces like this, and the majority reaction to them in most cases as well. Namely, ""It is better to sit in silence and appear ignorant, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
This writers demonization of the American media, and the ease with which he casts aspersions on Mr. Tillman's motives lead me to wonder how he is so intimately familiar with these movies he abhors so much. Again, I have to delve back into the relative security of knowing that he is just misguided, and knoweth not of what he speaks. (As a side note, after having been a Navy SEAL for seven years I can say with complete sincerity that I have no idea what happened in Rambo 2 or 3, and I have a vague recollection of some quote about body bags from the first one. I can say truthfully and honestly that my joining the service to become a SEAL during the first Desert Storm conflict had nothing to do with my devotion to Stallone movies. Maybe Top Gun, but certainly not Stallone... ;) )
My second, and probably favorite Mark Twain quote of all time is "Go and surprise the whole country by doing something right." This is more true now than ever, and I think that this is a huge part of the allure of Tillman's story. We are pleasantly suprised at his sacrifice, and applaud his contribution to all of our freedoms... including that of freedom of speech.

NoCal NoBoat
04-29-2004, 01:19 PM
Froggystyle - I really appreciate your take on this. I believe you have rendered an intellectual ass-kicking to Senor Gonzalez - perhaps the only kind of ass-kicking he can relate to.
Despite the server crash, UMass is apparently hearing it, too...
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/football/nfl/04/29/bc.fbn.umass.tillmanfla.ap/

PICKLEtheLOAD
04-29-2004, 01:40 PM
This CHODE is getting exactly what he wants! It wouldnt surprise me if this focking A-HOLE gets a staff job in some liberal camp circling up the wagons because "he was so brave" to publish such a piece (of shit!). Froggy is dead nuts on. Nice post, bro-ham. This shit makes me wanna puke :mad: :mad:

HighRoller
04-29-2004, 01:55 PM
I agree with Froggy that this guy is terribly misguided. He has a spark of an idea, planted by some ultra left-wing professor, and now with a little education under his belt he thinks he knows all. Well, here's my take on him and all the other militant "anti-war" types. They are all cowards. By spewing their rhetoric about the immorality of war they are all hoping we'll be distracted from the fact that they don't have the balls to fight. They hide behind intellectual reasoning and political motivation, hoping that when they refuse to answer the call nobody will see them for the cowards they really are. I sent this guy an email challenging him to state his viewpoint to any armed service member who would listen. No, I wasn't hoping he'd get his ass kicked, I was merely making a point. Since he criticized Pat Tillman for being an "idiot", surely he himself must be smarter, braver and more firmly rooted in his own beliefs. So it shouldn't be hard for him to stand his ground, even in the face of possible physical harm. Pat Tillman already showed how far he would go to support what he believed in, and if this dude wants any cred with me he has to do the same. Do you think he would actually do it? No. He's a coward. And cowards run from conflict out of fear of phyisical harm. At least Pat Tillman had the balls to stand up for his "idiocy"!

76BARRON
04-29-2004, 01:58 PM
Perhap's we should defend the east coast a little better, as it
seem's that the puerto rican's are still getting in!!!
I think it's time for him to go home! and tell his country men how
terrible this country is! And that terrible education he recieved
here! BUT! That might be kind of hard to do especially if you go home in a box! LESS THE FLAG of coarse! You have to earn that!
Let me be the first to welcome back home(puerto rico)box or no
box! either way just stay there!

NoCal NoBoat
04-29-2004, 02:21 PM
PtL is dead on also. Gonzalez reads like the type that will hunker down in an academic bunker somewhere until he gets a Phd and a professor position. I feel sorry for the students (and their parents) if this guy is a TA. I suspect there is little tolerance or respect for other points of view in Mr. Gonzalez' classroom.

HighRoller
04-29-2004, 02:26 PM
Maybe he'll go back to Puerto Rico soon, where cowards are heroes and heroes are "pendejos". No wonder that country could be taken by hostile force by a boy scout troop. He does know he's talking about Puerto Freakin Rico, right? They're still struggling to master such advanced concepts as color TV and indoor plumbing! Hell, they don't even have CITIEs...he came from a village! Since when is Puerto rico the arbitor of the wisdom on national defense? We have Wal-Mart stores with a bigger GDP than their whole country!

lurid
04-29-2004, 02:46 PM
Puerto Rico is a United States Territory making him a US citizen... maybe he should go back to there and thank the US for making them a Territory and be glad someelse did not take over there island

HighRoller
04-29-2004, 02:52 PM
Shit, that's right. WTF were we thinking? It's like a dog taking on a flea voluntarily. Well, good luck Puerto Rico. I'm sure Mr. Gonzales was shocked when he said" Mijos! They have de internet on computer now!"