PDA

View Full Version : I Drem of Jeannie trivia

Seadog
04-29-2004, 12:08 PM
Since we did Gilligan, I thought some Jeannie was in order.
When was Jeannie's birthday?
what famous test pilot made a cameo appearance?
The Bellows home was the same as what other famous house?
What distinquished Barbara Eden from all the other actresses who interviewed before her (beside the headlights)?
Did you ever see Jeannie's navel?
What prank became a scene in an episode?

miller19j
04-29-2004, 12:20 PM
In real life what took place in the office shown as Major Nelsons office?

RiverToysJas
04-29-2004, 12:51 PM
Jeannie was born on 1 April 64 B.C.
Due to strict censorship at the time, it was forbidden for Barbara Eden to show her navel. BUT In the episode "Mrs. Djinn Djinn" you can catch a peek of Barbara Eden's navel, which had, up until that point, been banned.
Barbara Eden was the first blonde to audition for the role of Jeannie; all the other actresses competing for the role had dark hair.
In one episode, the set used as the interior for Dr. & Mrs. Bellows house is the same set as Darrin and Samantha Stephens' home in the TV show "Bewitched" (1964) (with some slight modifications)
General Chuck Yeager, the first man to break the sound barrier, made a cameo appearance on an episode during the first season.
;)
RTJas :D

Dr. Eagle
04-29-2004, 01:06 PM
Impressive, Jas........ but you're not a Jedi yet........:D

miller19j
04-29-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by miller19j
In real life what took place in the office shown as Major Nelsons office? OK Jas what's the answer to this one?

Dr. Eagle
04-29-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by miller19j
OK Jas what's the answer to this one?
come on Padwan....... do you know the answer to this one?

eliminatedsprinter
04-29-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
Jeannie was born on 1 April 64 B.C.
Due to strict censorship at the time, it was forbidden for Barbara Eden to show her navel. BUT In the episode "Mrs. Djinn Djinn" you can catch a peek of Barbara Eden's navel, which had, up until that point, been banned.
Barbara Eden was the first blonde to audition for the role of Jeannie; all the other actresses competing for the role had dark hair.
In one episode, the set used as the interior for Dr. & Mrs. Bellows house is the same set as Darrin and Samantha Stephens' home in the TV show "Bewitched" (1964) (with some slight modifications)
General Chuck Yeager, the first man to break the sound barrier, made a cameo appearance on an episode during the first season.
;)
She was also the best looking blonde to ever hit the screen!:D

Dr. Eagle
04-29-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by eliminatedsprinter
She was also the best looking blonde to ever hit the screen!:D
She still looks pretty good for an antique.....

RiverToysJas
04-29-2004, 05:25 PM
I forgot this one to the first post...
The Prank....
As a prank, director 'Guzman, Claudio' called "lunch!" and had everyone leave the set, leaving Eden trapped in the bottle. While everyone waited in a nearby hallway, the cameras kept rolling, resulting in the scene shown on TV.
Tony's office was also Darin's office from Bewitched!
What branch of the service was Maj. Anthony Nelson and Maj. Roger Healey in??? ( Trick question ;) ).

Dr. Eagle
04-29-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
I forgot this one to the first post...
The Prank....
As a prank, director 'Guzman, Claudio' called "lunch!" and had everyone leave the set, leaving Eden trapped in the bottle. While everyone waited in a nearby hallway, the cameras kept rolling, resulting in the scene shown on TV.
Tony's office was also Darin's office from Bewitched!
What branch of the service was Maj. Anthony Nelson and Maj. Roger Healey in??? ( Trick question ;) ).
Major Nelson was in the USAF...
Major Healey was in the US Army Corps or Engineers......

RiverToysJas
04-29-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Major Nelson was in the USAF...
Major Healey was in the US Army Corps or Engineers......
Nice pull!!!
I'm really just waiting for the Brady Bunch Trivia thread though!! That's where I got some knowledge. ;) Grew up on that one.
OR we could always do Land of the Lost.... LOL!

Dr. Eagle
04-29-2004, 05:46 PM
I always thought the Corps of Engineers thing was kind of odd... maybe they just had the uniform in the props department.

Sleek-Jet
05-01-2004, 10:24 AM
Maybe because this (http://www.hq.usace.army.mil/history/vignettes/vignette_50.htm) is why he was in the Corps of Engineers.

Dr. Eagle
05-01-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
Maybe because this (http://www.hq.usace.army.mil/history/vignettes/vignette_50.htm) is why he was in the Corps of Engineers.
Could be and the Corps of Engineers hired Bechtel.... (my employer) to manage the work.
I guess the question is:
How many Bulldozer operators do you suppose get to be astronauts?????;)