PDA

View Full Version : Ignorant

lakesmodified
04-29-2004, 12:33 PM
I'm sorry for being ignorant of the issue, but I've been off this website for a while and don't know what's been going on... I have seen a lot of comments about "FREE HAVASU BARNEY" I just talked to him(For the first time) on the phone about 6-8 weeks ago. and because of his GREAT advice, I bought a tunnel outboard.. I was just wondering what happend to the poor guy... Thanks, Ivan

HavasuDreamin'
04-29-2004, 12:43 PM
He is at club Fed for a few months. Be back around the 1st of the year.

lakesmodified
04-29-2004, 01:19 PM
I'm sorry to hear that... He seems like one great stand-up guy! I was inquiring about Advantage's Banshee, and he was extremely helpful. He finally sent me his phone number and we spoke for quite a while. Needless to say, he has a lot of knowledge and is willing to share it with anyone for free. Hope everything works out for Barney!

Boatcop
04-29-2004, 01:52 PM
Lakesmodified,
Is that a Bloodhound in your avatar? There's 2 of them at my feet as I write this. :)
Here's mama, Pepper:
http://www.boatcop.com/pep_2.jpg
And son, Sammy:
http://www.boatcop.com/sammy.jpg

91nordic29
04-29-2004, 01:55 PM
i knew you would notice that, alan!:cool:

lakesmodified
04-29-2004, 02:15 PM
Alan, she sure is.... And SPOILED beyond belief... I vsisted your web site a little over a year ago and left you some info there that I too had a Hound.. This is actually our third.... We had the "Original" Bartels & James(Spelling?) Blood Hound that was used in those commercials years ago back in California, but we had to give him back to Blood Hound rescue(The people we had gotten him from)because he was extremely tempermental and would snap at our(Then) young daughters. After moving to Tennessee from Calif 10 years ago, we got another male and had him for over a year, but then because of "Neighbor" problems in the "exclusive" city we live in, had to sell him:(
Finally, a little over three years ago, we had to put our last Bassett(We used to breed Bassett's back in Ca) and decided to get another Hound, but this time she would be an inside dog.. Needless to say, Fannie Mae(Hey, we're in the South you know)has the run of the entire house, and sleeps along with my wife and I in our bed! I could go on for days telling you about ALL her abilities, but then I would feel like I'm bragging.. If you would like to see some of her pics, I can email them to you. Ivan

lakesmodified
04-29-2004, 02:18 PM
At 7 weeks

lakesmodified
04-29-2004, 02:19 PM
7 weeks again

lakesmodified
04-29-2004, 02:20 PM
Her usual mischef

lakesmodified
04-29-2004, 02:21 PM
Looks really houndlike here

lakesmodified
04-29-2004, 02:24 PM
Her favorite place, when she's not on our bed upstairs

lakesmodified
04-29-2004, 02:25 PM
Her favorite attention getter...
LOOK at me, I have the new kitchen towel!

Boatcop
04-29-2004, 02:38 PM
You really have to love these dogs to put up with their mischief. These were taken at Christmas, when sampson was 7 months. He'll be 1 year old on May 10th. At 110 lbs, he's a handful.
What is it about Bloodhounds and fireplaces?
http://www.boatcop.com/WAIT.JPG
And chewing stuff up?
http://www.boatcop.com/TOY4.JPG
And chasing anything they can?
http://www.boatcop.com/BBL2.JPG

Boozer
04-29-2004, 02:46 PM
Do some blood hounds have white markings on their feet and manes?

Boatcop
04-29-2004, 02:59 PM
There can be some white on the chest, tail tips, and sometimes feet.
Generally they are either red (like mine and lakesmodified's), or red and tan, tan and black, or red and black.
Most of the multi colored hounds will have a "saddleback", where the darker color is over the back and sides like a saddle, hence the name.
There's no telling what you'll get with a litter. Out of the three surviving pups that we had, 1 was red (sammy) with a white patch on his chest and tail tip, one was red, with a slightly darker saddle, and one was a black and tan saddleback, with a few white markings.
Mom (Pepper) is all red, as is the father. Any of the above combinations are acceptable, but for some reason, most prefer the black and tan.
One thing they all have in common is that they DROOL!
http://www.boatcop.com/DROOL2.JPG

lakesmodified
04-29-2004, 03:02 PM
Alan, needless to say, these are an awesome breed of dogs... The things that our female does on her own are totally mind-boggling.. Sometimes I look at her and just have to wonder if there's actually a person behind them eyes! She'll be 4 this coming Oct, and all ready I'm dreading the day that she grows old and will have to be put down. I love this dog with NO reservations, and I would do anything for her.. I think she knows this too!!! Probably that person behind those eyes... Mine loves to eat stuffed animals also... Then she growls at you when you take it away.. Ivan

BoatPI
04-29-2004, 04:32 PM
Alan, I did not know you were into hounds. Maggie is my champion (retired) bassett, at my wet feet.
She enjoys the bow of the jet boat and Sea Doo rides in a small cove, ears into the wind.
Photo is the famous Mary Magdeline in the tub!

Boatcop
04-29-2004, 05:39 PM
That's a great picture, Keith.
I got into my Hounds kinda on accident. Pepper was a man-tracker for the AZ Dept. of Corrections. Born in Florence. Trained, lived and worked down in Yuma.
When budget cuts 3 years ago forced them to cut their K9 program back some, they gave away some of their trackers, opting for drug sniffers and bite dogs to be used for tracking their rare escapee.
She was a perfect fit for us, and crossed over easily to the SAR field. She's been used on several searches, and has 2 successful finds. She also tracked and found the last known direction of travel of a homicide victim from Havasu (The Hussongs abduction a few years ago). He was eventually found off Salome Road, near I-10.
The pup's just now starting his training. I'm going to specialize him in cadaver work, and then get him marine search certified so he can locate drowning victims in the water.
His sisters are at other agencies, carrying on the family business. One is with the Yavapai County SO, and the other is with the Baker Co. (OR) SO.
The best thing about having working dogs is that all their care, food, vet bills, etc. is tax deductible as a work expense. :D :D