PDA

View Full Version : Early Style Dominator Place Diverter Wanted

MidnightMantra
04-29-2004, 03:17 PM
Need help, been told that the early style place diverter isn't made anymore for the older style dominator pumps. I would have to change over to a berkeley droop to add the place diverter that they make now. Does anyone out there have an early style dominator pump place diverter they want to get rid of??

MudPumper
04-29-2004, 03:26 PM
I have an older Dominator with Place Diverter but I added an Aggressor short droop when I installed the diverter. Why not throw on the droop while your at it???
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3033Pump_Side_View-med.JPG

toad polumsky
04-29-2004, 03:27 PM
Don't know why the standard Place won't fit on the early Dominator.

MidnightMantra
04-29-2004, 03:33 PM
MudPumper,
How does the early style Dominator perform? I have about two more weeks before I put mine in the water for the first time. It has an "A" impeller with 650hp pushing it. Where did yo get your droop and diverter at?

MudPumper
04-29-2004, 04:00 PM
The diverter came from CPPerformance, they sell a kit, everything you need, their service sucks though!!! The droop I got from a guy that used to do some drag racing. It was an extra one he had laying around. As for the performance, it does pretty well. Depending on which bowl you have it may need to be opened up to flow more water. One of the early designes was pretty restrictive, small vanes in the bowl. This is essential if you run a droop to keep up pressure at the nozzel. How fresh is your pump???? Any pics of your boat???

MidnightMantra
04-29-2004, 04:47 PM
MudPumper,
The pump is pretty fresh. Prior owner stated it had only one summer on a rebuild. Impeller looks like new. Attached is a picture of the boat when I baught it. It had a stock 454 in it. This winter I gutted the whole boat, installed 468CI roller motor, new guages, seats, carpet, steering wheel, pro loader intake grate. Polished the hull. Just waiting on my Banderlog Injection Valve that should be here next week then I'm going to put it in the water for it's firsts test. I will post some pictures of the project once I complete it. Plan on diamond plating with 1/16th plate in whole engine area, floor, transom and back seat once I test and tune.

Jake W
04-29-2004, 04:48 PM
Mudpumper not trying to start shit but what do you think of the short Aggressor Droop.I had one on my old Tahiti it did nothing for it.Then I switched to the long droop but I changed alot of stuff at the same time so I have no real A and B comperason.
I talked to Dave(POPS) about it and he said they were more for a tunnel hull that do not need as much lift as a V bottom.
Jake:D

MudPumper
04-29-2004, 05:54 PM
Jake, funny you ask!!!!! I put it on at the same time as a motor rebuild, pump rebuild, and diverter install. So basically I have no A and B also. I plan on doing some testing with and without it to see. I'll let you know what I come up with. I think the short droop is geared toward the racers who are typically using it daytona and CP hulls. The guy I got it from is friends with Dave so it makes sense that he would say that.:D I would like to try the long droop and the snoot some guys are running to see.