PDA

View Full Version : Hydrolic Diverter Braided Lines Questions

probablecause
04-01-2006, 12:10 PM
Just can't bend over and pay the full price for a braided line kit. All I want to do is the pump side. I know I will need two -04 to 1/4 inch 45 degree elbows. However, what sized bulkhead fitting and/or what are some options out there?
Also, when I install them, Do they have to be bled like a brake line?

Rondane
04-01-2006, 06:25 PM
Just can't bend over and pay the full price for a braided line kit. All I want to do is the pump side. I know I will need two -04 to 1/4 inch 45 degree elbows. However, what sized bulkhead fitting and/or what are some options out there?
Also, when I install them, Do they have to be bled like a brake line?
just go to a local supply house that has aeroquip or earls or similiar and get what you need. Shouldnt have to bleed the system that i know of, run it up and down a few times then break the lines if necessary. hope that helps
rondane

455Rocket
04-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Earls on Hawthorne Blvd. in Hawthorne has everything you need... I bled mine like brakes to make sure there was no air in-line...

superdave013
04-01-2006, 08:45 PM
I know someone close to you that can crimp up some nice -4 lines with stainless ends. ;)
Could prolly hook you up with every thing else too.

Squirtin Thunder
04-01-2006, 08:49 PM
I bet Super Dave (Sweet Performance)from the board can hook you up !!!

455Rocket
04-01-2006, 08:58 PM
I know someone close to you that can crimp up some nice -4 lines with stainless ends. ;)
Could prolly hook you up with every thing else too.
Apparently too many beers... In OH you wouldn't know where the hell I was talking about... nevermind :rolleyes: A lonely Sat. night

RCB19
04-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Apparently too many beers... In OH you wouldn't know where the hell I was talking about... nevermind :rolleyes: A lonely Sat. night
This be what he's talkin about...
http://www.sweetperformance.com/cart/

RCB19
04-01-2006, 09:09 PM
Probablecause you will still spend in the ballpark of $100 just for the outside unless SD can come through with the SWEEEEEETTT deal.

superdave013
04-02-2006, 12:09 PM
I know both Earl's stores on Hawthorne blv very well. I like to root around the industrial liquidators side of the Earl's #1 store the best. The new Earl's in Lawndale down by the freeway just has standard stuff. The treasures are at the #1 store.
probablecause, I'm putting in a pretty good size stainless adapter order on Monday. If you need adapters and bulkheads let me know and I'll include it. I already have everything to do -4 braided teflon hoses with stainless ends.
Our shop is in Placentia so we are pretty close.

superdave013
04-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Probablecause you will still spend in the ballpark of $100 just for the outside unless SD can come through with the SWEEEEEETTT deal.
what's it take? I'm thinking 2 hoses, 2 bulkheads and 2 -4 x 1/8' 90 adapters.

maxwedge
04-02-2006, 02:25 PM
I always just go to work and grab some Dodge Viper or Ram braided flex line and stainless out of the scrap bin, and make whatever I want out of it....Of course this only works if you work in a brake and fuel line factory. Otherwise, just do what everybody else said. :D