PDA

View Full Version : Anti American Comments about Tilman

Coach
04-29-2004, 09:06 PM
If you have not read this you need to. This liberal POMS writes an editorial about Tillman deserving to die. I hope this POMS realizes it is the solders just like Tillman who have died to allow her to write such BS. This communist bitch is an insult to Americans everywhere.
The Real Enemy Rene Gonzales (http://beakerscorner.net/) :mad: :mad:

Kilrtoy
04-29-2004, 09:49 PM
Would you expect anything else from someone with the name of gonzales, She probably took chicano studies in college

LASERRAY
04-29-2004, 09:56 PM
An A-Typical libral spin on a heroic act of patrotism.:yuk: What a Bitch!:yuk:

NoCal NoBoat
04-30-2004, 12:32 AM
Coach, Kilrtoy, and LaserRay:
May I suggest a slight course correction ? Rene Gonzalez is a communist bitch of the male persuasion, a doctoral candidate in political science, and a self-described native of Puerto Rico.
So far today, Gonzalez' "editorial", which appeared in the Daily Collegian, the UMass student paper, has triggered 1,300 e-mail responses - 98% negative to Gonzalez. The response crashed the paper's server - and, IMO, they don't seem to be in a hurry to restore it.
He also managed to seriously piss off the UMass system president, who is new on the job. Student organizations are calling on him to resign his job as "advisor to minority students".
I think he seriously shit in his own sombrero.

Mark Sims
04-30-2004, 03:06 AM
**** that spick dickhead!

beer hunter
04-30-2004, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by NoCal NoBoat
Coach, Kilrtoy, and LaserRay:
May I suggest a slight course correction ? Rene Gonzalez is a communist bitch of the male persuasion, a doctoral candidate in political science, and a self-described native of Puerto Rico.
So far today, Gonzalez' "editorial", which appeared in the Daily Collegian, the UMass student paper, has triggered 1,300 e-mail responses - 98% negative to Gonzalez. The response crashed the paper's server - and, IMO, they don't seem to be in a hurry to restore it.
He also managed to seriously piss off the UMass system president, who is new on the job. Student organizations are calling on him to resign his job as "advisor to minority students".
I think he seriously shit in his own sombrero.
Thanks for the clarification! :)

NastyOne
04-30-2004, 07:50 AM
How do you e-mail this bitch? I want to give her something to write about. Like how she should take the short bus back to Puerto Rico before someone shoots her.:mad:

spectratoad
04-30-2004, 08:33 AM
Yet another justification to close the borders and let American Terratories like Puerto Rice wither and die until some communist country comes in and takes them over and that will be the end of articles such as this from retarted so called writers such this dipshit.
Maybe some people shouldn't learn english???:mad:

Coach
04-30-2004, 08:42 AM
rene@student.umass.edu
renegonzalez7@hotmail.com

mirvin
04-30-2004, 08:48 AM
Another thing that occurred to me:
This is form the University Of Massechussetts!! Yes, the only state MORE LIBERAL then Cali:(
What did we expect??
mirvin

HighRoller
04-30-2004, 09:15 AM
Have we discovered the first "Puerto Ritard"?

Desert Rat
04-30-2004, 10:23 AM
Send him back to the friggin getto slum he crawled out of!!!!! P.R. Is just another welfare state if you ask me. The only thing it was good for was bomb pratice and now we don't even do that there. Cut ties and let it go along with it these liberal F*&KS:mad: :mad:

Jbb
04-30-2004, 02:55 PM
Ah, Rene. You Silly Bastard.
As I'm sure you're all aware by now, there was a UMASS student who published an article this week which pretty much ripped Pat Tillman as a Rambo-wannabe who got what he had coming to him.
I think what makes Tillman's story so remarkable comes not in what he gave up as a soldier -- he's given no more or no less than the other 100+ killed in Afghanistan -- but comes from what he gave up to become a soldier. That my friends, is what's making him stand out. We live in a world where the Kobe Bryants, and the Mike Tysons, and the Ray Lewis', and the Jayson Williams' dominate our nightly news. Then to suddenly flip the channel and see a professional athlete like Tillman giving everything up for his country -- we know he sure as hell didn't so it for money or fame as he already had both -- is a pretty humbling thing. That's what people are finding so extraordinary.
Anyway, the full text of Rene's Gonzalez's article (BTW, Rene is a name for girls or French boys) can be found on UMass's website, but it has been down since experiencing an ENORMOUS load of traffic after his slam was picked up by CNN, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, and various other national news media. And so, for those of you who haven't seen it...
“Pat Tillman is not a hero: He got what was coming to him"
By Rene Gonzalez
April 28, 2004
When the death of Pat Tillman occurred, I turned to my friend who was watching the news with me and said, "How much you want to bet they start talking about him as a 'hero' in about two hours?" Of course, my friend did not want to make that bet. He'd lose. In this self-critical incapable nation, nothing but a knee-jerk "He's a hero" response is to be expected.
I've been mystified at the absolute nonsense of being in "awe" of Tillman's "sacrifice" that has been the American response. Mystified, but not surprised. True, it's not everyday that you forgo a $3.6 million contract for joining the military. And, not just the regular army, but the elite Army Rangers. You know he was a real Rambo, who wanted to be in the "real" thick of things. I could tell he was that type of macho guy, from his scowling, beefy face on the CNN pictures. Well, he got his wish. Even Rambo got shot in the third movie, but in real life, you die as a result of being shot. They should call Pat Tillman's army life "Rambo 4: Rambo Attempts to Strike Back at His Former Rambo 3 Taliban Friends, and Gets Killed."
But, does that make him a hero? I guess it's a matter of perspective. For people in the United States, who seem to be unable to admit the stupidity of both the Afghanistan and Iraqi wars, such a trade-off in life standards (if not expectancy) is nothing short of heroic. Obviously, the man must be made of "stronger stuff" to have had decided to "serve" his country rather than take from it. It's the old JFK exhortation to citizen service to the nation, and it seems to strike an emotional chord. So, it's understandable why Americans automatically knee-jerk into hero worship.
However, in my neighborhood in Puerto Rico, Tillman would have been called a "pendejo," an idiot. Tillman, in the absurd belief that he was defending or serving his all-powerful country from a seventh-rate, Third World nation devastated by the previous conflicts it had endured, decided to give up a comfortable life to place himself in a combat situation that cost him his life. This was not "Ramon or Tyrone," who joined the military out of financial necessity, or to have a chance at education. This was a "G.I. Joe" guy who got what was coming to him. That was not heroism, it was prophetic idiocy.
Tillman, probably acting out his nationalist-patriotic fantasies forged in years of exposure to Clint Eastwood and Rambo movies, decided to insert himself into a conflict he didn't need to insert himself into. It wasn't like he was defending the East coast from an invasion of a foreign power. THAT would have been heroic and laudable. What he did was make himself useful to a foreign invading army, and he paid for it. It's hard to say I have any sympathy for his death because I don't feel like his "service" was necessary. He wasn't defending me, nor was he defending the Afghani people. He was acting out his macho, patriotic crap and I guess someone with a bigger gun did him in.
Perhaps it's the old, dreamy American thought process that forces them to put sports greats and "larger than life" sacrificial lambs on the pedestal of heroism, no matter what they've done. After all, the American nation has no other role to play but to be the cheerleaders of the home team; a sad role to have to play during conflicts that suffer from severe legitimacy and credibility problems.
Matters are a little clearer for those living outside the American borders. Tillman got himself killed in a country other than his own without having been forced to go over to that country to kill its people. After all, whether we like them or not, the Taliban is more Afghani than we are. Their resistance is more legitimate than our invasion, regardless of the fact that our social values are probably more enlightened than theirs. For that, he shouldn't be hailed as a hero, he should be used as a poster boy for the dangerous consequences of too much "America is #1," frat boy, propaganda bull. It might just make a regular man irrationally drop $3.6 million to go fight in a conflict that was anything but "self-defense." The same could be said of the unusual belief of 50 percent of the American nation that thinks Saddam Hussein was behind Sept. 11. One must indeed stand in awe of the amazing success of the American propaganda machine. It works wonders.
Al-Qaeda won't be defeated in Afghanistan, even if we did kill all their operatives there. Only through careful and logical changing of the underlying conditions that allow for the ideology to foster will Al-Qaeda be defeated. Ask the Israelis if 50 years of blunt force have eradicated the Palestinian resistance. For that reason, Tillman's service, along with that of thousands of American soldiers, has been wrongly utilized. He did die in vain, because in the years to come, we will realize the irrationality of the War on Terror and the American reaction to Sept. 11. The sad part is that we won't realize it before we send more people like Pat Tillman over to their deaths.
Rene Gonzalez is a UMass graduate student.
And in case you're wondering what qualifies Mr Gonzalez to offer his opinion with such authority on these matters of national consequence, he's got a degree in African-American Music.
No seriously, that's all he's got.
Anyway, I was immediately struck with the irony that here's a kid writing about sacrifice, when his own idea of the concept would be to stay in on a Saturday night to finish his ****ing homework. I also kind of chuckled to myself, because this moron had no idea the world of shit he had just gotten himself into. There were many, many, many calls for me to flame the author of this editorial abortion. And yet somehow, I felt reluctant to flame this piece of shit.
I know, I'm amazed too.
Truth be told, I'm not entirely sure why I'm not frothing at the mouth to pounce on this guy. I know many of you will see the similarities between this situation and the one with Peter Kirstein, and I do too, but I also see one major difference. Kirstein was a figure of authority speaking to an impressionable student and I guess I was afraid of the possibility of someone adopting his warped sense of morality as their own.
This time, it's the impressionable student raising his voice, and I guess that makes it different. Not to mention the ideas he expressed in this article were so far off base, there's no way anyone with a shred of decency could read it and not feel dirty afterwards, let alone take them to heart. I guess I'm not quite sure how to explain it. I guess there's a part of me that thinks punishing this young man for voicing his opinion -- however misguided it may be -- would be more disrespectful of the 700+ soldiers who have fallen in Iraq, then his floundering attempt at an article could ever be.
Now as the First Amendment guarantees, you may totally disagree with my reasoning and have full recourse to express your ideas otherwise. I fully don't expect everyone to agree with me on this, considering God knows I don't fully understand it myself. But in an effort to deliver to you, my thriving masses, should you choose to exercise your right to voice your disagreement with Mr Gonzalez's opinions -- culled from the UMASS directories and his personal website before he took it down -- I present to you...
Rene Gonzalez
rene@student.umass.edu
renegonzalez7@hotmail.com
413-253-9639

beer hunter
04-30-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by HighRoller
Have we discovered the first "Puerto Ritard"?
LMFAO :D :D :D

AzDon
04-30-2004, 04:28 PM
Is this a real story? Nobody with that much education could possibly be stupid enough to say those kinds of things verbally, let alone in print! I'm having a hard time believing that a minority doctoral student could have failed to understand things like insensitivity, personal sacrafice, and political correctness. UMASS should be embarrassed that this guy managed to get ANY diploma from them and they should kick him out at least till he apologizes!
Yeah, he has a right to free speach, but the problems he caused UMASS should be punishable.
Is UMASS short for DUMASS?

beer hunter
04-30-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by AzDon
Is this a real story? Nobody with that much education could possibly be stupid enough to say those kinds of things verbally, let alone in print! I'm having a hard time believing that a minority doctoral student could have failed to understand things like insensitivity, personal sacrafice, and political correctness. UMASS should be embarrassed that this guy managed to get ANY diploma from them and they should kick him out at least till he apologizes!
Yeah, he has a right to free speach, but the problems he caused UMASS should be punishable.
Is UMASS short for DUMASS?
Wow Don, we agree about something.;) :D

H20bug
04-30-2004, 05:16 PM
az don, please check cnn.com or just type in msn.com and do a search. plus, dont quote me on this, but I believe it was on espn as well... unfortunatly true!!!:( :mad:

Sleek-Jet
05-01-2004, 07:58 AM
...regardless of the fact that our social values are probably more enlightened than theirs.
WOW, is all I can say. Jr. needs to crawl out from his academic rock and see what's going on in the world.