PDA

View Full Version : E-Mail Options

***boat
04-29-2004, 09:10 PM
We have re-enabled the email options. I would VERY STRONGLY suggest that everyone right now go to their user control panel and click on the edit options tab. Make sure "Use Email Notification" by default is set to no. If you don't any thread you have posted in will send you an email every time someone posts. This a nice feature to have if you are in a slow forum, but this is not a slow forum and it is a quick way to max out your inbox.

Kachina26
04-29-2004, 09:15 PM
Thanx, I wondered what was going on. I went in and changed it just before this post.

Kachina26
04-29-2004, 09:21 PM
Hey, I'm still getting notifications. Turn it back off.

Scream
04-29-2004, 09:35 PM
That's just too hillarious. My inbox is stuffed like a prize trout...
Too funny
I musta not pushed the right button...

Kilrtoy
04-29-2004, 10:09 PM
Did what you said and they are still coming like mad, you need to fix the problem

LASERRAY
04-29-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Did what you said and they are still coming like mad, you need to fix the problem Ditto!:cool:

Scream
04-30-2004, 06:51 AM
I only got 12 last night and 8 this morning, so I guess it's slowing down.
OOOPS, I'm a lying bitch. Just got a couple more...

THOR
04-30-2004, 07:55 AM
Mine email notifications are still coming through too.
THOR <-- needs ***boat help

Ziggy
04-30-2004, 09:24 AM
I went in and checked no for the email notification but also clicked on the link for all the subscribed threads and deleted all those, it had every thread I posted in as subscribed. :( :(
It may show that you are not subscribed to any threads but I took a chance and looked and WOW, it was loaded.

Chase
04-30-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by THOR
Mine email notifications are still coming through too.
THOR <-- needs ***boat help
DIDO...This must stop immediately:D :D :o

ahhell
04-30-2004, 10:09 AM
I thought i was popular;)

FRENCHIE
04-30-2004, 11:07 AM
good thing i only posted 3 times yesterday or my mail box would a been full!:D

sidewound
04-30-2004, 02:50 PM
Same for me! I changed my option and I'm still getting them.
Glad I didn't post much too!
Peace Man!:confused:
CESAR

superdave013
04-30-2004, 03:44 PM
I put in a bunk e mail address and I'm still getting them!

Kilrtoy
04-30-2004, 05:27 PM
HELLO HB, WHERE ARE YOU.........:mad:

vdrivenman
05-01-2004, 07:00 AM
You might be getting alot of hits on the webpage but your instructions are too vaque. Tell them to hit the "user CP" button at the top of the screen and it will bring up options...Choose the edit preferences, then scroll down to email notification...Even though they change to no, after it is saved if you go back too it, it will default to Yes...Moderator needs to fix this...What is making it default back? there must be another option that sets it back. Therefroe there is some other option whose yes needs to be changed to No before you can do this one. My two cents for what its worth.:wink: :confused:

BoatFloating
05-01-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by vdrivenman
You might be getting alot of hits on the webpage but your instructions are too vaque. Tell them to hit the "user CP" button at the top of the screen and it will bring up options...Choose the edit preferences, then scroll down to email notification...Even though they change to no, after it is saved if you go back too it, it will default to Yes...Moderator needs to fix this...What is making it default back? there must be another option that sets it back. Therefroe there is some other option whose yes needs to be changed to No before you can do this one. My two cents for what its worth.:wink: :confused:
I went back to my options and it didn't default back and it still says no! And I'm still getting emails WTF!

beer hunter
05-01-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Ziggy
I went in and checked no for the email notification but also clicked on the link for all the subscribed threads and deleted all those, it had every thread I posted in as subscribed. :( :(
It may show that you are not subscribed to any threads but I took a chance and looked and WOW, it was loaded.
I did the same thing (deleted all subscribed threads) along with the tip from HB admin and that fixed the problem. :cool:

***boat
05-01-2004, 09:01 PM
Well it has been turned off again now. We will be upgrading the forums software, and once I identify the code that is sending the emails and remove it then the other email functions will come back online.

JetBoatRich
05-03-2004, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by ***boat
Well it has been turned off again now. We will be upgrading the forums software, and once I identify the code that is sending the emails and remove it then the other email functions will come back online.
did you say upgrade:mad: