PDA

View Full Version : Big Rig Protest

Debbolas
04-30-2004, 07:38 AM
I guess the truckers are protesting on the 5 fwy and the 110 about the high cost of fuel............the chp has them all pulled over to the side, they have signs on the back of their trucks.....

welk2party
04-30-2004, 07:39 AM
I just saw on TV that they stopped in the middle of the freeway, parked their trucks and walked away.

LASERRAY
04-30-2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by welk2party
I just saw on TV that they stopped in the middle of the freeway, parked their trucks and walked away. Certain people are assholes, like these for example. I am pissed at the price of gas too, but I'm not gonna stop my ****ing rig on the freeway. This screws the rest of us, not the oil companies. People that pull this shit suck.:yuk:

Dribble
04-30-2004, 07:44 AM
That should lower the price of fuel.

miller19j
04-30-2004, 07:45 AM
When I was in England a few years ago the truckers over there were protesting fuel costs and they just stopped their trucks (all of them!)and didn’t move them. It brought the country to a hault! . Grocery Stores ran out of food, the country ran out of Fuel. It went on for a couple of weeks. It was a wreck! I hope they don’t do that here.

welk2party
04-30-2004, 07:45 AM
No kidding, I would be pissed if I got stuck behind them.

jackpunx
04-30-2004, 07:54 AM
Well I paid 247 a gal for diesel yesterday.. Almost 15c more then super.. I don’t like the idea of the traffic jam.. But this is ridiculous.. Diesel is supposed to be crude fuel and its the blood line of our economy. How can they expect the truckers to provide any type of service with the costs this high?.. I would figure they would have to regulate the price of diesel for this reason. I guess not.. I also heard that they were going to block the port entrances too

Havasu_Dreamin
04-30-2004, 07:57 AM
High cost of gas at a time when the largest oil companies in the US are reporting record profits.

NastyOne
04-30-2004, 08:01 AM
Does anyone have a link:confused: I have to see this.

Blown 472
04-30-2004, 08:04 AM
Good for them, more people need to protest shit like that.

Freak
04-30-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by jackpunx
Well I paid 247 a gal for diesel yesterday.. Almost 15c more then super.. I don’t like the idea of the traffic jam.. But this is ridiculous.. Diesel is supposed to be crude fuel and its the blood line of our economy. How can they expect the truckers to provide any type of service with the costs this high?.. I would figure they would have to regulate the price of diesel for this reason. I guess not.. I also heard that they were going to block the port entrances too
Wait till 06 when the EPA mandates cleaner diesel emissions. You think you pay now.

Dave C
04-30-2004, 08:14 AM
I think they were doing the same thing at the Port of Oakland (norcal)

Cole Sanger
04-30-2004, 08:20 AM
ChevronTexaco first-quarter net income rose 33.4 percent to $2.56 billion, or $2.40 a share, well above the $2.02 analysts had expected. Its shares rose $1.52, or nearly 2 percent, to $91.87.
The company's big exploration and production division continued to rake in most of the profits, even though it reported almost no growth from last year's robust levels.
The company's refining unit -- which ranks as the second-largest division -- posted phenomenal improvements, however. There, profits more than doubled to $640 million in the latest period.

ROZ
04-30-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by welk2party
No kidding, I would be pissed if I got stuck behind them.
Taht would be the least of our worries. Just think, no beer deliveries! :eek: :p :D

HighRoller
04-30-2004, 09:22 AM
It will only work if the cross country rigs do the same thing. I still like the idea of boycotting one chain of fuel stops for a month. Think that would get their attention, if the other companies started realizing they might be next? But it would never happen because you could ask four truck drivers a question and get 5 different answers and then they'd argue about it and start telling stories. The bottom line? Truck drivers can't agree on anything and only 8% of them(us) are registered to vote. Even if trucks starved the West or East coast they'd just get bashed by the truck-hating media as the ones who "deprived people".

bigq
04-30-2004, 09:27 AM
They are shurly ripping off the diesel guys. I can see a .40 cent swing from one station to the next. Shell is the worst with diesel priced above premium:confused: WTF?
I can find a 76 down the street from my house at $2.16 and the shell the other side of town at $2.46, go figure.
Shell can LICK MY SAC!!!!!

Dr. Eagle
04-30-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by bigq
Shell can LICK MY SAC!!!!!
Bet they'd charge too much........;)

RiverToysJas
04-30-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by NastyOne
Does anyone have a link:confused: I have to see this.
KFWB (http://www.kfwb.com/)
RTJas :D

sandblasted
04-30-2004, 11:20 AM
I can't support truckers stopping their rigs on a public roadway and blocking traffic but I sure understand their anger,now that I have a diesel truck....I'm paying more for diesel, which is nothing more than crude oil, than I am for premium with all the additives!! What a ripoff!!
Unfortunelty the reality is that the price of diesel will eventually have a negative impact on consumers...The big trucking companies won't eat the extra cost of fuel...They'll pass it along to their customers who will have to raise the prices on the goods they sell...Eventually we will all be paying for the extra cost of diesel wether we like it or not. :(

HavasuDreamin'
04-30-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by jackpunx
Well I paid 247 a gal for diesel yesterday.. Almost 15c more then super..
Uh...........in case you didn't know, ;) you guys on the left coast are getting f'ed up the a** and the gov. isn't even using any lube. :mad: At least out here in the midwest, we get a little lube :p ............. diesel $1.69/gallon & 93 octane $1.99/gallon.

Blown 472
04-30-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by HavasuDreamin'
Uh...........in case you didn't know, ;) you guys on the left coast are getting f'ed up the a** and the gov. isn't even using any lube. :mad: At least out here in the midwest, we get a little lube :p ............. diesel $1.69/gallon & 93 octane $1.99/gallon.
Wait till summer when they get bent over on running the air condtioning. :p
I guess living in the seventh biggest economy has it's advantages:rolleyes:

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
04-30-2004, 12:19 PM
I paid $1.59 for regular the other day. Gas is getting rediculous in Houston, Texas. It cost me a little over $35 to fill up my pickup.:p GOD BLESS TEXAS.
Omega

Dr. Eagle
04-30-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Blown 472
Wait till summer when they get bent over on running the air condtioning. :p
I guess living in the seventh biggest economy has it's advantages:rolleyes:
You don't have the new "LOW SULPHUR" Diesel fuel. That is one of the cost factors in California.....:mad:

Debbolas
04-30-2004, 05:06 PM
I missed it this morning, but heard that a truck stopped on the 15 and other truckers were throwing things at it?
Any clues?
:D

AzDon
04-30-2004, 05:50 PM
I have not seen this story yet, but I'm betting that it is the harbor/rail owner/operators who plentifly supply below-cost trucking services under threat of replacement. The trucking companies that solicit this business bid it as cheaply as they need to and can do this because they don't actually own trucks or have truck expenses because the hire subcontractor truckers that pay their own truck expenses. These companies just take their commission off the top.
When I left LA 12 years ago, many of these companies would put a prosspective O/O in business by arranging a truck purchase for him and selling him fuel and insurance in a kind of "wrap around" package. Most of these prospects were illegal aliens who thought the programs looked pretty good. These illegals and their shady GC trucking companies basically ruined truck rates to the point that legitimate American businessmen were unable to compete in this sector....I suspect that little has changed as evidenced by the looks of the trucks hauling containers on the LB freeway these days. To say these guys are potentially dangerous is an understatement!

Kachina26
04-30-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
Certain people are assholes, like these for example. I am pissed at the price of gas too, but I'm not gonna stop my ****ing rig on the freeway. This screws the rest of us, not the oil companies. People that pull this shit suck.:yuk:
Great minds think alike! I couldn't agree more:cool:

Kilrtoy
04-30-2004, 06:14 PM
I paid $1.59 for regular the other day. Gas is getting rediculous in Houston, Texas. It cost me a little over $35 to fill up my pickup. GOD BLESS TEXAS.
It cost me that to fill up the wifes mustang with 15 gallons

AdrenelineOD
04-30-2004, 06:38 PM
I think the prices are Dick Chany`s promis to the oil indistry. Nothing we can do about that!:yuk:

Dr. Eagle
04-30-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by AdrenelineOD
I think the prices are Dick Chany`s promis to the oil indistry. Nothing we can do about that!:yuk:
Not only can he not think, he can't spell.....:rolleyes:

Phat Matt
05-01-2004, 02:37 AM
Protest this...just a post *****...