PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Boats Grand Opening...(our newest location)

rvrtoy
04-30-2004, 02:28 PM
I have been getting a ton of e-mails, PMs and, calls about Ultra Custom Boats new 23' Deckboat. This latest creation will be on display (the plug) at our newest factory direct showroom in Huntington Beach. It is located at 5501 Engineer Drive.
John and I will be at this Dealership in support of its Grand Opening celebration. The festivities will happen Sunday May 2nd from 11:00 am until 4:00 pm. We will have music, refreshments, give aways and of course some Somkin' Deals on new and used Ultras. If you are in the market for a new or used boat stop by and see me, John, or any of the other sales staff. If your not in the market stop by anyway!
Also being displayed is the Monster Garage and Ultra Custom Boats project car "Capsized".
Anyone and everyone is welcome to stop by and view our newest creation during the above mentioned hours.
I hope to see everyone there and by the way....sorry about ther SPAM!!!!:D
Call 714-799-0700 for directions.

totenhosen
04-30-2004, 02:32 PM
Cool! I might have to check that out.

Dr. Eagle
04-30-2004, 03:31 PM
I'll try to make it down there.......:D

BOBALOO
04-30-2004, 03:33 PM
Can we "try" out the boats by drinking beer in the bow?
Congrats on the new place.:D

Coughlin's Law
04-30-2004, 03:51 PM
Don't apologize about the SPAM...
I think it's fair to say we all appreciate the invite!!!
Coughlin

rvrtoy
04-30-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Coughlin's Law
Don't apologize about the SPAM...
I think it's fair to say we all appreciate the invite!!!
Coughlin
In that case....Your welcome!!
Hope to see you all there!

Dr. Eagle
04-30-2004, 04:04 PM
Are you offering a free Gel Coat Detailing? LOL J/K........ I printed out the map and I will be there......:D

RiverToysJas
04-30-2004, 04:06 PM
According to Yahoo Maps it'll take me 8 minutes to get there from my house, so I'll stop by for sure!!!
Congratulations!!! The kingdom is expanding!!!
Jesse James lives vertually right down the street, I wonder if he'll be stopping by?
RTJas :D

BoatPI
04-30-2004, 07:00 PM
Good luck with the new place. It is up the street from my beach house. And if anyone has some spare time after the preview, slide down to the pier from noon to 5 PM. A free surf music concert.
I here is will be 100 degrees inland on Sunday.

Phat Matt
05-01-2004, 02:42 AM
I think I am going to buy a deck boat next year.

Dr. Eagle
05-01-2004, 11:01 AM
Stopped by the address this morning. No one home, but nice location. I will be there tomorrow.

rvrtoy
05-01-2004, 08:46 PM
I will see all of you some time Sunday. Make sure you look for me to say "HEY"!
:D
Steve

RiverToysJas
05-03-2004, 09:38 AM
Nice to meet you Steve! You have a great set-up there, and i'm sure it'll be a good move for you and Ultra.
Good Luck!

Dr. Eagle
05-03-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Anyone get any pics?
RD
Yeah, I got a bunch... But I can't get into the pic web site on this confuser...... Posted em over on RRL....

THOR
05-03-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Anyone get any pics?
RD
go here (http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001606)

Dr. Eagle
05-03-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by THOR
go here (http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001606)
Thanks Thor, I just went over there to collect the thread URL... beat me to it.

copperrat20
05-03-2004, 02:11 PM
No sweat. To make up for it you just might have to post some pics of the sic new graphics once it is done and out of the mold. Thanks for making awesome boats.

Dr. Eagle
05-03-2004, 02:44 PM
Great store John, even if it did have a Lakers Boat in there.......LOL.......J/K.............

shadow
05-03-2004, 03:52 PM
Sweet!
Hurry up John you got less than 2 weeks to have it at the regatta:D

Dave C
05-03-2004, 03:54 PM
anyone got any pics of the 24 stealth, handy?

mbrown2
05-03-2004, 03:56 PM
John,
That is a bad ass Gel on that Cat...love the Ghosted Skulls...

Dr. Eagle
05-03-2004, 03:57 PM
That's hella mega bad ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mbrown2
05-03-2004, 04:04 PM
Either a WCC lover or hater...
James or one the guys from OCC?......Bourget's already got an MTI...

mbrown2
05-03-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by ULTRA28
Bourget has an MTI, but rumour has it that he also has a 29 DCB on order. Our 27 is being built for Jesse.
That's pretty trick, also kind of cool....he cool have just went with the normal logo shit to promote his biz.....not like he needs it though....
What kind of power is he going to run? twin 124ci S&S motors j/k:D

mbrown2
05-03-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by ULTRA28
He's getting a BRE 1000 HP 540, IMCO 4X4 with stand off box and SC drive, crazy Extreme trailer on either 22s or 20s, whatever we can make fit. All custom Dana billet just for this boat, etc. Here is a shot of the dash.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/49727_007-med.jpg
I am kind of figuring the whole boat package, trailer, and details will raise the level of Bling Bling on the lake...good luck with the build out.....
You can't lose with 22's:D

shadow
05-03-2004, 07:18 PM
John, looks like there will be a West Coast Chopper in your future?:D Can we get a sneak preview?I'm sure it will be as bad ass as Jesses boat.

MudPumper
05-03-2004, 07:37 PM
Sweet graphics, the word on the street has it that Jesse James and Monster Garage are no longer doing business together!!! I wonder what Discovery has planned for the show?

SD MIKEY
05-03-2004, 10:20 PM
Where is the pic of the 23' deck boat?

THOR
05-04-2004, 07:56 AM
Those ghosts are unbelievable. How come I didnt get that option?
J/K.
Very sweet.

jbtrailerjim
05-04-2004, 08:15 AM
John,
That is freakin bad ass. Are you gonna have it done in time for the regatta.?

shadow
05-04-2004, 08:35 AM
How'd they say it on Monster garage?John West and Ultra custom boats,is to boats,What Jesse James is to motorcycles.I have to agree at this point.Always staying a step ahead.Whatever you're paying Martin,give that guy a raise!

rvrtoy
05-04-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
Nice to meet you Steve! You have a great set-up there, and i'm sure it'll be a good move for you and Ultra.
Good Luck!
It was nice to meet you and everyone else who came out last Sunday for our grand opening celebration. We had a good time, sold some boats and ate some pretty good food.
Thanks again for the great turn out.
Steve

rvrtoy
05-04-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by shadow
How'd they say it on Monster garage?John West and Ultra custom boats,is to boats,What Jesse James is to motorcycles.I have to agree at this point.Always staying a step ahead.Whatever you're paying Martin,give that guy a raise!
I believe it was, "John West is to boats what Jesse James is to motorcycles. His San Diego based boat company, Ultra Boats, makes some of the badest speed boats on the planet.:D
Most of the skulls, the skeleton, and the iron cross were done by John himself. Not too shabby, If you ask me!!:D

MC ORION
05-04-2004, 02:47 PM
Just wanted to clarify that most of the boat was done by Me (Martin) and Jaime my gelcoater at my shop. The ghost skulls (all of them were done by me. Jaime and I sprayed the rest of the boat and John did the air brushing on the skeleton and the iron cross.
John did an awsome job on the air brushing, but John will tell you that most of the hard work was done by the gelcoaters.
No offence to any body, but we are really proud of the work we did and we just want to make sure that people know how hard we work to make this come out perfect.
I just thought Jaime Reyes also deserves a little recognition along with John and me.
Any ways this is my first post ever and I hope all of you guys like the work we are trying to do.

mbrown2
05-04-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by MC ORION
Just wanted to clarify that most of the boat was done by Me (Martin) and Jaime my gelcoater at my shop. The ghost skulls (all of them were done by me. Jaime and I sprayed the rest of the boat and John did the air brushing on the skeleton and the iron cross.
John did an awsome job on the air brushing, but John will tell you that most of the hard work was done by the gelcoaters.
No offence to any body, but we are really proud of the work we did and we just want to make sure that people know how hard we work to make this come out perfect.
I just thought Jaime Reyes also deserves a little recognition along with John and me.
Any ways this is my first post ever and I hope all of you guys like the work we are trying to do.
Great work coming out of your teams shop....keep up the great work...:cool:

MC ORION
05-04-2004, 03:02 PM
Thank you, and yes it is a team effort. John and I have been working to make something like this happen for the last 2 years. We just needed an excuse to try it, and Jesse's boat was the best opportunity to show what we are willing to do to make our market more competitive.
We love working with John, because he likes to take chances just like us. We trully have a great team here at Ultra starting from the office to the last guy who cleans the shop.
Jaime is one of the best if not the best gelcoater I know in the bussiness. We are very lucky to have him working for us.

GrapeApe
05-04-2004, 03:12 PM
You guys do great work.. I am Really happy with how our Boat Turned out.. One of these days I want to come in when you are Shooting The Gel Coat and check it out.. It's true Art...
*** Grape Ape ***
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/6665_1_04_river-med.jpg

jbtrailerjim
05-04-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by MC ORION
Jaime is one of the best if not the best gelcoater I know in the bussiness. We are very lucky to have him working for us.
Martin,
I have yet to see any west coast builder that compare's to the gel coat's that you put out of your shop. Just like the Ultra add say's "Alway's Original Often Imitated". Keep up the good work.

shadow
05-04-2004, 03:49 PM
Martin, your work and the work of your team.Definately stands out at the River and Lake!!!!!Easily spotted and always custom:) keep up up the good work.

Dave C
05-04-2004, 04:07 PM
I agree. I have been "shopping" and I am very impressed with the gel coat work.

MC ORION
05-04-2004, 04:55 PM
We really like to thank all of you guys for your support of our company.
We are very priviledge to have the opportunity to built your boats.
Thank you from all of us at Ultra Custom Boats!!!
And Yes all of you guys are welcome to come to our shop and see us spray, just make sure to call us in advance and we will set it up for you.
Thanks again.
Martin

RUCAV
05-04-2004, 05:32 PM
Martin
A guy asked me this question at the sandbar last weekend.
"What's it like to have perfect gelcoat?"
Nice job brother.

TheEduKATor
05-04-2004, 07:22 PM
MC ORION,
I live in San Diego and I'm going to have to take you up on the offer of seeing you guys spay those designs. Hell I would make a field trip out of it for my high school students if I could, just to have an excuse to stay there all day long. Im teaching a few of my students airbrushing and they have grown found of boats and flames no thanks to me and all my boating pictures up in the classroom. I'm definately going to have to check out the work there at the shop during the summer. Keep up the good work.

MC ORION
05-05-2004, 08:13 AM
Edukator
That sounds like a great idea for your students. Give us a call and we will schedule something, just give us enough time in advance.
Our phone number at Ultra is (619) 443-1100