PDA

View Full Version : eek...elecrical

lilrick
05-02-2004, 08:28 AM
So I've seen those pre-assembled wiring looms with everything labelled,is this a good way to go ? I'm sure it's around $200 for the main loom so it isn't that expensive. Electrical stuff makes me nervous because i don't wanna burn up my pride and joy! I would also be willing to pay somebody to do it .

disco_charger
05-03-2004, 07:39 AM
Draw a map of where all your gauges and electrical components are. Make good measurements. Take/fax your map to L&L Marine in Corona (used to be in Anaheim) and they'll make you a custom one. They also give you a key to tell you what every wire goes to. It makes it so someone as dim as I am can do it.

THE BOSTON SIDEWINDER
05-03-2004, 02:18 PM
will they use marine wire(100% tinned, ul listed)? i re did my own boat wiring last year and it came out the balls. just trying to stay one step a head of the coast guard!
make sure the a.b.y.c. codes are followed for the different wire color for specific circuits( purple/ignition, pink/fuel, yellow w/red trace starting circuit...my $.02...bill.
who ever does it buy ANCHOR marine wire and heat shrink epoxy filled connectors! the little extra money spent is well worth it in my book.

lilrick
05-03-2004, 03:57 PM
thanx

superdave013
05-03-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by lilrick
I would also be willing to pay somebody to do it .
You should get ahold of Bad Blown 572. He's rigged boats for a big name custom shop.
The wiring he did on RD's schiada is stunning. I bet he would be willing to do yours.