PDA

View Full Version : 1999 21' edge for sale

jetboatjake
07-18-2001, 09:33 AM
I have a 1999 Tom Papp layed up 21' Edge. The hull was rigged at GS marine Stage 3 BP on a Legend pump set back ride plate and a hyd Place diverter.The motor was built locally By M&R Marine. A 540CU IN Chevy tall block.Lunati blower crank,oliver rods,je pistons,BB2 alum heads w/Jessell rockers and full roller cam. Chiller and 420 B&M from Nickerson Perf W/Flowed 920 cfm Nickerson Carbs.This boat has only dial in time on it which I am not finished with yet.I have a 20'
Vee Hull jet also along with a pontoon.To Many boats to keep up with.I hope to list it in Classifieds in the next couple weeks.Just thought I would throw this out so see if I get a Response.Good luck all Fellow jetdrivers.Thanx

lostlake
07-18-2001, 04:56 PM
Hey there jetboatjake, I just ordered one, i wish you would have posted this 2 weeks ago, it came out of the mold and is on it's way to greg's tommorow, but as busy as he is i won't see for a while, Do you like it, I rode in one 3 weeks ago with a 502 pro charger and it ran pretty good and handle really nice, I'm only doing a 502 with cam, headers, and carb for now, Sounds like yours' hauls ass. what kind of hp are you getting and how fast will that thing go, also where are you at were at lostlake 32 miles out of blythe.

jetboatjake
07-20-2001, 05:26 AM
Hi Lostlake how are things in sunny southern california.My edge runs good but as i said we still have set up issues.They are not fixed yet mainly due to my lack of time.One thing is let Greg do a lake test with just him in the boat and low on fuel.There is where mine still has a porpoise.It comes in at about 80 and you will not drive through it.Read that WILL NOT.In Late 99 when I got mine I don't think greg had really set up alot of 21's.Probably a bunch of 19's.I think he found out that the 21s load the pump better and need less shoe. Mine was milled down a bunch when i got it and we have taken more off since.I would strongly recomend that you have him put a water pressure gauge in the pump.I heard of this for and aid in set up from the guys at don's pump in OH same guys that are putting pwc impeller before the main impeller.Talked with a guy with 19 eliminator running a drag series in the east that has one.He said there is 0 cavitation even from a dead stop punch and it helped his ET without losing top end.Some things to think about.I am no set up gury for sure.Just some things I would have done If i was at your point of starting the boat. Live and learn. PS. good luck with yours the edge is a real head turner for sure. I am going to get some digital pics of mine.I could post or email you. PS I am sure greg will remember me I Only called him a 1000 times while he was doing my boat LOL. Good Luck and SEEEEEEEYAAAAAA. ROB

BLOWNDRAGBOAT
08-08-2001, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by jetboatjake:
I have a 1999 Tom Papp layed up 21' Edge. The hull was rigged at GS marine Stage 3 BP on a Legend pump set back ride plate and a hyd Place diverter.The motor was built locally By M&R Marine. A 540CU IN Chevy tall block.Lunati blower crank,oliver rods,je pistons,BB2 alum heads w/Jessell rockers and full roller cam. Chiller and 420 B&M from Nickerson Perf W/Flowed 920 cfm Nickerson Carbs.This boat has only dial in time on it which I am not finished with yet.I have a 20'
Vee Hull jet also along with a pontoon.To Many boats to keep up with.I hope to list it in Classifieds in the next couple weeks.Just thought I would throw this out so see if I get a Response.Good luck all Fellow jetdrivers.Thanx Sounds like a pretty decent boat. How much are you asking for it? Do you have any pictures?

jetboatjake
08-09-2001, 06:27 AM
hey how are you? I am asking 49,000 for the edge and thats firm.I invested more than 60,000 this this has real low hours I just thought i would see if i could sell it I only run it 2 or 3 time a year still in dial in stage. I have other jet as well as a pontoon not enough time to do this thing justice if you are interested let me know i will have wife scan pics and e-mail to you. it is white base with red yellow orange and black w/fade to gray. thanx see ya (rob)