PDA

View Full Version : Jokers Wild drag Sanger

CircleJerk
05-03-2004, 08:57 AM
Does anyone have shots of this Swabbee Sanger from the past? I would shure love to get the info on this boat to possibly duplicate! Harlan says this is the hull design he modified into the gull circle boat as pictured in the back of Mays HB. Maybe its in the wildest rides phots?;)

mfrey
05-03-2004, 03:13 PM
Circlejerk, I have one somewhere...I took the photo myself when I was 11 at Oakland...Schwabeland is sitting in it waiting in line to be launched...I'll keep looking.

mfrey
05-03-2004, 03:23 PM
http://www.narberthpa.com/Bale/bmp/dbc/swaby/swaby_04_ico.jpg
This one is off the Dwight/Mac Bale website.

CircleJerk
05-04-2004, 09:55 AM
Thanks! This is a bubble deck, did he also run a flat deck before this? Was it the same number and colors? Harlan said he did but I havent a clue. Does anyone have more information? JeRkinHeiN;)

mfrey
05-04-2004, 04:40 PM
http://www.narberthpa.com/Bale/bmp/dbc/Icons/dbc_execu_ico.jpg
In the background...this is also off the Bale website. If I ever find the photo I know I've got, I'll let you know.

RaysonKid
05-04-2004, 05:00 PM
Ha,
Sounds like someone is sold on Sangers????
How did the testing go?
Are you going to give up on the Lavey now?
Now that you have a real boat.....:D

CircleJerk
05-04-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by RaysonKid
Ha,
Sounds like someone is sold on Sangers????
How did the testing go?
Are you going to give up on the Lavey now?
Now that you have a real boat.....:D
I wouldnt say sold exactly. We're still in the discovery stage. It is fun to cruise in but I have to pedal it hard to keep the altitude close to earth......
We had 9 boats testing with two breaking stuff. Real boat,? shouldnt this remark be coming from brother? or DAD? Call for details.

CircleJerk
05-04-2004, 10:14 PM
In the background...this is also off the Bale website. If I ever find the photo I know I've got, I'll let you know. [/B][/QUOTE]
mfrey, I think you have done it, that looks like a flat decker! 245 it is and thanks alot.;)

Dave Sammons
05-07-2004, 04:56 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/151729Swabie-BFF-new.jpg
This is the only shot of the bubbledeck that I have. Note how tight he is to the wheel and pedals. Sure doesn't look comfortable. Can't believe he wanted it this way!

72 superlite
05-08-2004, 08:05 AM
hey jerk, I have the Sanger broshure with three different shots of the bubble deck jokers wild. Let me know if you want to see them and I'll dig them up. I can email them to you or print it and get to you at Lake Sammamish.

CircleJerk
05-08-2004, 08:49 AM
I dontah like bubblular decks on any flats.......Just a matter of taste, or distaste! No offense BD owners, remember I like boats with trunk lids! :D Hey, you going to show that pretty boat or not? If you are send us the registration so you may get into the Park and receive your passes.....that is if Jeffster isnt.:)

Dave Sammons
05-08-2004, 03:11 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/151730Swabie-BFF-old.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/151773-Caselli---Swabie.jpg
Sorry about that, I misread the thread. I was with Harlan this morning out at Lake Elsinore testing the hydro and he said you have the flat deck. Hope these help.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-08-2004, 05:31 PM
CJ,
I have a 1 page color brochure from Sanger. I think from 71 or 72. It has a picture of a yellow straight deck adorned with 2 bikini models. It reads;"17'10" Super Sanger Drag and ski boat" "for speed or family fun...Sanger is the one."
I'll sell ya a color copy of it for $49.95 plus shipping. J/K.
Dimensions are; beam 76" freeboard 15" transom 64" deck lenght 100"
Oh ya, thanks to the Hart brothers...I now have video of the Trojan Ghost lavey K in action (and definately not winning) as well as a race from parker with 2 lavey trunks placing 3rd and 4th respectively behind a B boat (1st) and a Hondo sprint (2nd). And....the K-X Hondo making making picture perfect Kilo passes running big numbers.:cool:

CircleJerk
05-08-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by V-DRIVE VIDEO
CJ,
I have a color bikini for family fun...Sanger is the one."
I'll sell ya a color copy of it for $49.95 plus shipping. J/K.
Dimensions are; beam 76" freeboard 15" transom 64" deck lenght 100"
Oh ya, thanks to the Hart brothers...I now have video of the Trojan Ghost lavey K in action winning as well as a race from parker with 2 lavey trunks placing (1st) and a Hondo sprint (2nd). And....the K-X Hondo making passes .:cool:
Wellllllllllll..........DANG! ! ! ! Ain't you 'COOL'! What kind of family fun does you don the two piece for? Dont tell me. No one wants to know :D

CircleJerk
05-08-2004, 09:50 PM
thanks Dave, my boat sure looks longer than that picture of 245. I assume the f stands for flatbottom? Might just have to sell one Lavey since they are in such high demand.....! ;)

Dave Sammons
05-09-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by CircleJerk
thanks Dave, my boat sure looks longer than that picture of 245. I assume the f stands for flatbottom? Might just have to sell one Lavey since they are in such high demand.....! ;)
That "F" would stand for "Fuel", as in the stuff that comes out of the "shiney" can, as they used to say. I gotta great t-shirt that says, "Remember when Sex was safe, and Nitro was dangerous?". Those guys were MEN!

hondo sanger
05-12-2004, 06:22 PM
jerk, thoes were the days, larry in joker wild , ray in panic mouse.
when they paired up every one watched. and thoese days were
1969 & 1970. see you fathers day. hondo is running good. AL