PDA

View Full Version : Elsinore Run-gps #'s

HotHallet
05-03-2004, 09:29 AM
WENT TO ELSINORE LAST SUNDAY AND RAN THE HALLETT AGAIN WITH NEW MOTOR AND PUMP. GOT THERE AT 7AM THIS TIME AND MANAGED TO GET A LITTLE FLAT WATER BUT BY 8:00 ALL THE SKID DICK WAKE BOARDERS CHOPPED IT UP. I DID FIND ONE SMOOTH SHEET AND HAMMERED IT FOR ABOUT 6-7 SECONDS AND WITH ME AND DAN HERCULES ( HE'S A PRETTY BIG GUY) IN THE BOAT AND FULL TANKS OF FUEL WE HIT 73.5 MPH ON GPS. I HAVEN'T PLAYED WITH THE RIDE PLATE AT ALL YET OR DONE ANY ADJUSTMENT ON THE CARBS. I'M THINKING WITH JUST ME IN THE BOAT AND FULL TANKS 75 IS A SAFE BET AND WITH JUST ME WITH MINIMAL FUEL AND A LITTLE MORE TWEAKING ON THE RIDE PLATE WE CAN MAYBE GET TO 80 IF NOT REAL CLOSE. OVERALL I AM EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH THE WAY THE BOAT PERFORMS AND HANDLES! I'VE GOT A GOOD SOLID AND DEPENDABLE RUNNER THAT GETS UP AND MOVES WHEN YOU HAMMER IT. COULDN'T BE HAPPIER. I KNOW I HAVE PROMISED PICS AND DAN HERCULES IS HELPING ME GET THEM UP HERE FOR YOU TO VIEW. RIVER HERE I COME!

HavasuDreamin'
05-03-2004, 09:31 AM
Congrats...........we are patiently waiting for pics. ;) :)

wrightnow
05-03-2004, 10:12 AM
Congrats, Another one done just in time for summer, Lets see one down and how many more to go....
wrightnow
bigproppa
flat broke
hack job
cs19
Did I miss anyone.....
Mark

Nubbs
05-03-2004, 10:19 AM
HH,
Congrats on the good run. I got there Sat. morning around 6:15 and made one speed pass shortly after. The speed zone already had some little rollers that made me a little bit uncomfortable. I let off the throttle at 60.9 mph on the gps. I would say it's maybe a 70 mph boat, tops. Oh well, it's fast enough for me, for now.:D

MudPumper
05-03-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by wrightnow
Congrats, Another one done just in time for summer, Lets see one down and how many more to go....
wrightnow
bigproppa
flat broke
hack job
cs19
Did I miss anyone.....
Mark
You can add me, although I just got off the phone with Jack and the pump is done. I'll be headed down Wed. to pick it up. Then a couple of days of neglecting every responsibility I have in life to put it and the motor back in. Oh and I can't forget the endless hours of beer drinking, I mean lake testing before FC. :D

HotHallet
05-03-2004, 10:26 AM
nubbs-tried to go sat but couldn't find anyone to go. ended up going sun. the wakeboarders really rough that lake up quick. oh well its just for test and tune. once boat is all dialed its straight to the riv! your boat sounds like a good dependable runner. thats more important than setting the water on fire! Hope to do some boating with you this summer nubbs.

Danhercules
05-03-2004, 11:07 AM
Here ya go HH. Heres some vids.
Roost. (http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/showphoto.php?photo=10854&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=)
Takin Video from the SS Relif!! (http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/showphoto.php?photo=10886&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=)
Crusin (http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/showphoto.php?photo=10888&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=)
and the GPS,
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4763Travis_GPS-med.jpg
Thanks for takin me along. It was fun. Nice lookin boat and trailer!!!

Danhercules
05-03-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by wrightnow
wrightnow
bigproppa
flat broke
hack job
cs19
Did I miss anyone.....
Mark
ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!!!!
I will get my seats by wed or thurs I hope.

hack job
05-03-2004, 12:14 PM
looks good ;)

HotHallet
05-03-2004, 01:16 PM
Thanks Dan! I appreciate you posting that stuff! Look forward to hanging out with you and Amy again soon hopefully with your boat too! Talk to you later. It's definitley hard to work today after driving the boat yesterday. Thanks Hack for the props. I'm so stoked I can't sit still. I just want to clean up the plug wires now with a nice loom and shrink rap the wires for the fuel pump and loom them up. I'm thinking i better increase the size of the line for my dump to dash 10. The header water is coming on a little early (1500 rpm's). I checked the oil again and no water in it. Down the line I want to do the dual oil filters, too. Other than those things I am content for now. May play with ride plate a little for experimentation. Thanks again for all the help you and Chris gave me! I am writing the plumbing story today and mentioned you guys and the LLoyd garage.
Check ya later!

wrightnow
05-03-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by MudPumper
You can add me, although I just got off the phone with Jack and the pump is done. I'll be headed down Wed. to pick it up. Then a couple of days of neglecting every responsibility I have in life to put it and the motor back in. Oh and I can't forget the endless hours of beer drinking, I mean lake testing before FC. :D
I here you, I have all the parts, just need to fine time to complete the project.. I'm out of town for a couple of days this week also damm it coing to be tight....

fourspeednup
05-03-2004, 01:31 PM
Good deal hothallet!
But......any ideas on why I can't view the movies? I click on the thumbnail to download and it says it's done but all I get is a white screen with a little box in the upper left corner?

Squirtcha?
05-03-2004, 02:03 PM
I'M THINKING WITH JUST ME IN THE BOAT AND FULL TANKS 75 IS A SAFE BET
Nice job Hallet. I've gps'd mine with and without a 180 lb passenger and it made a 6 mph difference. Don't know if it'll affect yours the same, but if it does, you're in there easy.

HotHallet
05-03-2004, 03:55 PM
My passenger was 275. I figure just me and early in the morning with maybe a little more adjusting with the ride plate and we should get close to that magical 80 mark. Either way i am having a blast trying!