PDA

View Full Version : Tony's Steak & Beans Poker Run

Rock-it man
05-03-2004, 10:29 AM
Who's going to the Tony's Steak & Beans Poker Run ???? is it a fun one ,I have a flyer on it , It starts at Stockton at Village West Marina. I saw it was in Hot Boat Mag a while back but don't know much about it. Its May 15 .If my drive gets back I may go down to it ,seeing how I can't make any more speed runs this summer till the #6 drive gets here thought id just have some fun running with everone down there. ROCKIT MAN

RACER52
05-03-2004, 10:57 AM
Havent heard of this one. Whats the skinny. Do you have a phone #
If not I'll call Village West.
Racer

Rock-it man
05-03-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by RACER52
Havent heard of this one. Whats the skinny. Do you have a phone #
If not I'll call Village West.
Racer
the # is 209-603-1091 & 209-914-0956 it say its there 6th annual poker run . the price is $ 45.00 per person which includes Breakfast and a t-shirt and poker hands starts at 8:30 am for breakfast at Garlic Brothers at Village West Marina and I think the lunch is at the Outrigger ( location unknown) and will be over by 5pm so I can head back .I do not know my way around the delta and almost got lost a couple years ago when I was there so would need to follow someone !!!!!

RACER52
05-03-2004, 01:41 PM
sounds like a good trip. from garlic brothers to the outrigger is 20-30 min atleast. at normal speeds. (70-80) maybe longer. I will call and see whats up.
I'm in!!
Racer

woodrow
05-03-2004, 01:41 PM
poker runs are ****ing stupid,,,,,,,someone needs to come up with something better to do a t a getertoghether,,,what a ****ing yawnfest

RACER52
05-03-2004, 01:45 PM
I just called and it sounds like a real good haul. He is emailing all info now.
Will post all the stops soon
Racer

mirvin
05-03-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by woodrow
poker runs are ****ing stupid,,,,,,,someone needs to come up with something better to do a t a getertoghether,,,what a ****ing yawnfest
You are ****ing stupid. You need to come up with something better to do then being a ****stick on ***boat.
Go away.
mirvin

RACER52
05-03-2004, 01:46 PM
wow=someone must have a broken boat or woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I think they are a great way to meet and greet new peeps.

mirvin
05-03-2004, 01:47 PM
wow=someone must have a broken boat or woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I think they are a great way to meet and greet new peeps.
Hey Racer52, woodrow is just some idiot that takes pleasure in being a dork. Don't worry about him.
mirvin;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-03-2004, 02:05 PM
he does have a broken boat and he can't fix it..

RACER52
05-03-2004, 02:07 PM
figured as much.
i thought there was a bench racers forum??? maybe he was lost:confused:

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-03-2004, 02:10 PM
figured as much.
i thought there was a bench racers forum??? maybe he was lost:confused:
he should be in the boatless forums.. he can't fix his..;)

Laveyman
05-03-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by woodrow
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/1/2550STFU.jpg

Rock-it man
05-03-2004, 03:03 PM
I just called and it sounds like a real good haul. He is emailing all info now.
Will post all the stops soon
Racer
If I can make it wheres a good place to get a room fri night before the run ?? I would drive down fri evening and get in around 10-11 pm as its about 6 hrs from here,the rebuilt drive should be here by next fri along with the pulleys to turn down the motor so all looks good for now. There will be just Dennis and myself so theres room for two more if anyones without a boat and wants to go !!! its $ 45.00 per person I understand. Will let ya know for sure next week after I get the drive.

RACER52
05-03-2004, 03:29 PM
i'll drive down there on my way home tonight to see where a good place to stay would be with a truck and trailer. If it doesnt look good you can park infront of my casa and we'll give ya a loaner car. Can never be to safe as you well know.
Racer

RACER52
05-04-2004, 11:41 AM
schedule=
8:30 sign up and breakfast
1. leave garlic brothers approx 10am after drivers meeting
and continue to Humphreys in Antioch
the sheriff asked if wot runs didnt start until passing Lost Isle in the main channel
2. Leave Humphreys and drive up river to Walnut Grove for lunch
3. Walnut grove back towards Antioch and the final stop is at the Outrigger for the poker hand.
These are some good hauls. Definatley a 2 gas stop for my boat.
any questions call Jeff Sargent 209-603-1091
Racer

hulshot
05-04-2004, 03:18 PM
is it on a sat or sun? i work saturdays so I hope its not.
Rockit glade to hear you havent thrown in the towel just yet.
I think my lower unit is going away. I am still getting small metal pieces on hte drain plug. the top gears looked good when I inspected them. I hope to meet up with everyone at htis run. what are the exact dates?

Rock-it man
05-04-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by hulshot
is it on a sat or sun? i work saturdays so I hope its not.
Rockit glade to hear you havent thrown in the towel just yet.
I think my lower unit is going away. I am still getting small metal pieces on hte drain plug. the top gears looked good when I inspected them. I hope to meet up with everyone at htis run. what are the exact dates?
Its May 15 Sat so guess we will miss ya !! I haven't thrown in the towel completly but for sure wont be turning up the boost anymore this year so what ever speed it does I will have to live with the rest of the summer.
I went to the Big Cat Run a couple years ago and all it was was a party ,we went from bar to bar ,there was a band at each one and I saw a lot of people drinking a LOT and driving to the next stop ,not the kind of Poker Run I like to attend ,do you know if this run is ran the same.

PE 316
05-04-2004, 04:09 PM
Don,
If you would stay at one place for more than one year, you wouldn't be "stuck" with having to work Saturdays...:) :) :)
Mike

RACER52
05-04-2004, 05:04 PM
Rocket= I'm not sure about the partying on this run as there are only 2 stops after breakfast. But you never know. He did say that they were gonna have the cats leave first then the v-bottoms. So no matter what set-up you have you wont ahve to worry about any drunkards in front. I think most people with nice boats are responsible:confused:

Rock-it man
05-04-2004, 05:11 PM
Rocket= I'm not sure about the partying on this run as there are only 2 stops after breakfast. But you never know. He did say that they were gonna have the cats leave first then the v-bottoms. So no matter what set-up you have you wont ahve to worry about any drunkards in front. I think most people with nice boats are responsible:confused:
Remember Im a SLUG now with this new temp setup ,wont know how this 1.36/30" will work ,just have to try and see then will know what prop to run the rest of the summer I want to keep the stress from the drive, If you pass me DON'T SMILE cause I never forget and I never get even I GET AHEAD !!!!!!! hehehe !!!!!
Mybe just drive down to the marina ,if I got in there around 1am may just snooze in the truck !! till ya all get there.

RACER52
05-05-2004, 09:03 AM
rocket=
there are 2 hotels down the street and 2 or 3 the exit before and after Benjamin Holt Dr.
FYI
Racer.
MAybe with your set-up we can run side by side
my 454 running hard and your monster on cruise control

Rock-it man
05-05-2004, 10:23 AM
rocket=
there are 2 hotels down the street and 2 or 3 the exit before and after Benjamin Holt Dr.
FYI
Racer.
MAybe with your set-up we can run side by side
my 454 running hard and your monster on cruise control
OK !!! side by side is OK !!!! What are the motels names that are closest to the marina. Probably should be a little off I-5 if possible.
I carryy 100 gal fuel do you think that will last for the whole run ?
Sounds like a fun run !!!

RACER52
05-05-2004, 11:13 AM
RIM= I'm not sure on the fuel but you should be ok. I'll be carrying extra good gas to mix with whatever I have to fill up with on the water.
All of the hotels are right off of the freeway I-5 and can be seen driving along. I've been a slacker and didnt go check them out yet. sorry
but will get some names posted soon!!!
Racer

Rock-it man
05-05-2004, 06:29 PM
RIM= I'm not sure on the fuel but you should be ok. I'll be carrying extra good gas to mix with whatever I have to fill up with on the water.
All of the hotels are right off of the freeway I-5 and can be seen driving along. I've been a slacker and didnt go check them out yet. sorry
but will get some names posted soon!!!
Racer
I found them online and there locations.I will have the new alarm system in the truck but no time to get the one in the boat before May 15, so will have Dennis sleep in the boat Locked and Loaded !!! hehehe !!!! Im loading my own ( Salt,Red Pepper,Nails,Tacks) hehehe !!!