PDA

View Full Version : Say what you want about Bush....

HighRoller
05-03-2004, 03:41 PM
But he's gettin the job done. The number of terror attacks decreased 45% since 9-11 and are at their lowest level since 1969. And also the economy is growing at 4.2%, which is incredible! So tax cuts don't work? The economy is booming and the terrorists are on the run. Looks like it's gonna be another bad year for the dumbocrats at the polls!

mirvin
05-03-2004, 03:44 PM
High Roller, I'm confused. That's not what they said on the news this morning. As far as I can tell thing have never been worse:)
mirvin:D

twistedpair
05-03-2004, 03:49 PM
If the best the Dems can do is Kerry, I hope people pull their heads out soon. Polls still have G.W. and Mr. wishy-
washy neck and neck.:confused:

Dave C
05-03-2004, 03:49 PM
ya this is the worst economy since George Washington according to the evening news.....
Davec<---- not drinking the kool aid.

beer hunter
05-03-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Dave C
ya this is the worst economy since George Washington according to the evening news.....
Watch Fox News, they're "fair and balanced" :D

FRENCHIE
05-03-2004, 06:53 PM
"I LOVE BUSH!":D

Blown 472
05-03-2004, 06:56 PM
Or you could read here, non corp owned bias news.
http://www.democracynow.org/

73kona455
05-03-2004, 06:57 PM
I Like Bush...he has a tough job to do...and a job that he cant make everyone happy doing...

Flying Tiger
05-03-2004, 07:19 PM
Bush has my vote.
If we get out of Iraq now,, or in 2 years the result will be the same,, opposing factions are gonna go at it civil war style.
I say get out soon, let their blood be shed, not ours.
I drove under yet another underpass near home with another local kids name on a sign hanging from it that was killed there this weekend.
Public will tire of this pretty soon.
- Ross
USMC Viet Vet/ASA/CORVA/Friends of Pismo Beach/Friends of Dumont Dumes/BlueWater Colit/ ect ect,,,

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-03-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Dave C
I hope you're kidding. In 1932, the unemployment rate was 25%. For minorities it was much higher. Farmers burned their crops (for fuel) because it actually cost them money to sell it. The press needs to get their heads out of their ass and report the news instead of making it.
Sorry for the ranthttp://home.mchsi.com/~angieknoll/soapbox.gif

Kilrtoy
05-03-2004, 07:29 PM
I back BUSh, I just wish he would unleash the Military to really kick some ass! **** all the P.C. Bullshit...

Flying Tiger
05-03-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
I back BUSh, I just wish he would unleash the Military to really kick some ass! **** all the P.C. Bullshit...
It's called in the military;
"Going Roman"
Anyone that favors Kerry because of the war,, should note, theirs not any difference between Kerry and Bush on how to handle the Iraq war.
They both want to increase troop strength, stay longer,,, ect ect,,

CEO
05-03-2004, 08:22 PM
If you're a Dem ou going to vote for Kerry, and vice versa for Bush. The question is what party will get out the vote?
I'm a Bush man, and I'm not talking politics!:D :D :D

mirvin
05-03-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
That's what I'm talking about!!;) Let em do their job they'll be home quicker:D
mirvin

Cas
05-03-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Sportin' Wood
I hope you're kidding. In 1932, the unemployment rate was 25%. For minorities it was much higher. Farmers burned their crops (for fuel) because it actually cost them money to sell it. The press needs to get their heads out of their ass and report the news instead of making it.
AMEN!!!!!!!

Dave C
05-04-2004, 08:07 AM
;) ;) :D - absolutely.
Originally posted by Mrs. Sportin' Wood

Essex502
05-04-2004, 11:08 AM
Bush is also growing our......deficit as well. Good job Gee Dub-yah!

mirvin
05-04-2004, 11:13 AM
Deficit Schmeficit;)
This affects you how???
mirvin:D

HighRoller
05-04-2004, 01:03 PM
Every president since the 1930's has grown the deficit so try again. Contrary to popular belief, Bill Clinton did not create "budget surpluses" that Bush squandered with tax cuts. Congress takes money from the Social Security trust fund to pay off the yearly debt and create a "surplus". So now, instead of money in the SS fund, there are a bunch of IOU's from the government. And worst of all, the same schlubs who gave us the pyramid scheme of Social Insecurity have promised us they'll fix it by throwing money at it. Kinda like putting out a fire by dumping dollar bills on it, eh?

Essex502
05-04-2004, 01:21 PM
Any govenment cannot keep spending money beyond what it takes in. Sooner or later the IOU's come due. If you like owing money to foreign interests just keep ignoring the national debt. In the 4 year period of 1998 thru 2001 the National Debt increased $438 Billion. In the two years since 9/11 the National Debt has increase nearly $1 Trillion.

Dave C
05-04-2004, 01:25 PM
yes but they just roll over the debt.

Essex502
05-04-2004, 01:32 PM
A good quote:
"The good little patriot that I am I see that I am mistaken. Day after day will march into the future without change. No matter how we break the fundamental rules of economics, we of the USA will never suffer the consequences of our stupidity. We can indebt ourselves endlessly, print fiat funny money endlessly and do whatever we wish. Can't we?"

HighRoller
05-04-2004, 01:41 PM
Essex, the one little flaw in your point is the congressional irresponsibility that continually increases the deficit. Time and time again the money flowing into the government increses and every time they find a way to spend all of it and more. I don't agree with a lot of the spending Bush has done(medicare prescription entitlement)but you can't argue with the fact that he has taken on the problem of the economy and succeeded. He has taken on terrorism and is succeeding. He has done something that Clinton never did;lead us somewhere other than down the toilet.

Essex502
05-04-2004, 01:55 PM
HR...succeeded will be the judgement of scholars 10 years or more down the road. What Bush has done grow the economy while increasing the National Debt tremendously. It will be the future that judges. All I am pointing out is there is a consequence to the unbridled spending.