PDA

View Full Version : *** The June V-drive Regatta - Irvine Lake***

WILDERTHANU
05-04-2004, 11:30 AM
http://www.irvinelake.net/images/vdrive.jpg

smalls
05-04-2004, 11:34 AM
One problem, CFW Fathers day is the following week????????
Come On!

WILDERTHANU
05-04-2004, 11:38 AM
THERE IS A NJBA RACE IN BAKO AS WELL ON FATHERS DAY....

smalls
05-04-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by WILDERTHANU
THERE IS A NJBA RACE IN BAKO AS WELL ON FATHERS DAY....
You Know where to find me,,,,,CFW And you?

superdave013
05-04-2004, 11:55 AM
I think that green sanger is for sale on e bay right now.

77charger
05-04-2004, 03:56 PM
the race in bako is now the weekend of the 13th not the 19th

HBjet
05-04-2004, 04:17 PM
I think that flyer should read "Come see the Hottest V-Drives in Southern California" not the Hottest boats.
So dare I ask, are jet boats allowed?
There is a slight chance I will be out of town that weekend on business, but if I'm not, I'll be out there to watch. (or boat if jets are allowed)
HBjet

TRG
05-04-2004, 09:20 PM
after the last display of jet boating?....lets just say, im not going to hold my breath! lol

Cs19
05-04-2004, 11:06 PM
Randy, check with the guy throwing the event, you wont get anywhere asking here.Ive heard hes a cool guy and you might be surprised to hear what he has to say.
You can count me out, im not interested in this one.
Its too bad someone doesnt put on an event for ***boats alike. The v-drivers are not the only ones dumping their hard earned cash to rig a boat nicely and put in some serious hours in the garage to make things nice.
Thought id beat the horse one more time.

Kurtis500
05-04-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by HBjet
I think that flyer should read "Come see the Hottest V-Drives in Southern California" not the Hottest boats.
There is a slight chance I will be out of town that weekend on business, but if I'm not, I'll be out there to watch. (or boat if jets are allowed)
HBjet
Now I see why controversy follows you around.

superdave013
05-05-2004, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by cs19
Randy, check with the guy throwing the event, you wont get anywhere asking here.Ive heard hes a cool guy and you might be surprised to hear what he has to say.
You can count me out, im not interested in this one.
Its too bad someone doesnt put on an event for ***boats alike. The v-drivers are not the only ones dumping their hard earned cash to rig a boat nicely and put in some serious hours in the garage to make things nice.
Thought id beat the horse one more time.
Lots of events around for that. The Freeboard Challanged deal is the next one I'm thinking. I won't make it to that one but I'll be at the CBBB for sure. Are you gonna be there?
I do agree though, you guys should talk to the guy out at Irvine Lake and see about a jet deal. (Only because it's close)
I can see why it would be one or the other (jet or v drive).
Only get to run on a small part of the lake as the rest of it's closed off for fishing. That's why it was only open to 50 boats.
But I'm telling ya, if you have a boat that's legal to take to some other lake you will have more fun. Irvine is cool for the blown alki rigs that most lakes won't let in the gate. You guys might get bored running laps around that small back cove.
Sorry to see this Irvine deal is the same time at the NJBA race. But then again, I could go to Bako on Saturday and then check out Irvine on Sunday.

Blown 472
05-05-2004, 05:27 AM
HBjet
Hoppin down the easter trail..................

Roman 1
05-05-2004, 08:11 AM
HBjet
The flyer says "V-Drive Regatta" not v-drives and jets or v-drives and outboards, just "V-Drive Regatta"!
The Hottest boats in So. Cal line is questionable because nobody knows if the Hottest v-drives in so cal will be there. If they are... then it IS accurate!:p
The guy that puts this gig on has said he wants to do a jets only outing. I would think you would do much better talking to him than posting in here! They had a booth at the anahiem boat show all week welcoming questions or comments.
Get with the program kids.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

76BARRON
05-05-2004, 08:38 AM
I already called the lake and it is,
INVATATION ONLY!!!!!!!
You must write a letter requesting an invite!!
AND
Send a 'photo' of your boat with the letter and then they will decide who get's an invatation!
Sounds like maybe more of a boat show?
I don't have a blower or number's on the side of my boat and
in no way can I be mistaken for one of the fast guy's:D
So I guess i'm out of it. But, you can bet your ass I will be there to watch!! :D

76BARRON
05-05-2004, 08:46 AM
opp's it's INVITATION :o my bad spelling

superdave013
05-05-2004, 09:04 AM
76, You boat is bad ass. No need for a blower to have a cool flat.
But from reading about the letter with pic I guess I'll just spend both days in Bako.
Hope it all works out for the Irvine folks though.

smalls
05-05-2004, 09:36 AM
I guess I'm out too. My Squirt ain't got no ###########s
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/mike/sm1.jpg

WILDERTHANU
05-05-2004, 11:12 AM
I JUST POSTED THIS IN HERE AFTER IT WAS POSTED(BY SOMEONE ELSE) IN THE "SANDBAR", FIGURED THE "V-DRIVE" SECTION MIGHT BE A BIT MORE SUITABLE....

repo man
05-05-2004, 11:21 AM
they all ready sent me my invitation . i'll because it's close , and there's no lake lice or boat cops .

Moneypitt
05-05-2004, 07:06 PM
This time I'm boatless, although my boat wouldn't get "invited" anyway. Those that do go, watch out for the rock throwing fishermen, last time they would throw rocks at any v drives that got to close to their fishing holes. I was going to boycott this event anyway unless the powers that be EXCLUDED ALL fishing those days and opened up the ENTIRE lake to the v drive event. The staff at Irvine are afraid to keep the fishermen out, as they support the lake 52 weeks a year, so be forwarned, the fishermen will rule that weekends use of the lake.......Moneypitt
PS: rocks will chip gelcoat!!!

mouzer
05-05-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by smalls
I guess I'm out too. My Squirt ain't got no ###########s
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/mike/sm1.jpg did i not just see this boat tommys place,if so different but i really really liked it.......

AdrenelineOD
05-05-2004, 07:47 PM
How does that boat stay in the water? I would think it sucks air at high speeds. ( what do I know) :confused:

BGMAN203
05-05-2004, 08:21 PM
I got my "invitation" also. My boat don't have ##'s or a blower. They have bumped up the price quite a bit. Not sure if the jetboat accident had anything to do with the price increase, but it would be alot of $$ for me to just go run for 1 day. If I could atttend both days it would be cool if it wern't so close to the CFW event. I may go watch but 90% sure I will not bring a boat.

superdave013
05-05-2004, 08:58 PM
BG, what's the price these days?
The 10 buck walk in fee is not bad. Heck, the lunch is worth that. Just wondering what it cost to run a boat there is all?

Moneypitt
05-06-2004, 04:19 PM
The first 2 were $50. for the boat and 2 BBQ tickets. Kinda steep for what they actually offered. We go to Casitas, run the piss out of our boats, (open headers/zoomies), enjoy great weather and friends 1/2 hour from home. All for $12. day use fee. Oh yeah, the fishermen may complain, but they don't throw rocks, and the rangers usually look the other way when we're haulin' ass....Moneypitt

BGMAN203
05-06-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
BG, what's the price these days?
The 10 buck walk in fee is not bad. Heck, the lunch is worth that. Just wondering what it cost to run a boat there is all?
The invitation said $75 for one or both days. It includes boat launch and admission for one. + lunch on sunday. It doesn't say what lunch will be served. Its $10 per spectator per day (not bad). Overnight camping is available, but at an extra fee not noted.
I have a feeling that there will not be a very big boat turnout with all the activities going on this weekend, and the following week-weekend (cfw). Hopefully the owner will realize that the timing of this event is gonna hurt the turnout, and put on another event later in the season.

repo man
05-06-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Moneypitt
This time I'm boatless, although my boat wouldn't get "invited" anyway. Those that do go, watch out for the rock throwing fishermen, last time they would throw rocks at any v drives that got to close to their fishing holes. I was going to boycott this event anyway unless the powers that be EXCLUDED ALL fishing those days and opened up the ENTIRE lake to the v drive event. The staff at Irvine are afraid to keep the fishermen out, as they support the lake 52 weeks a year, so be forwarned, the fishermen will rule that weekends use of the lake.......Moneypitt
PS: rocks will chip gelcoat!!!
if they chip my gellcoat i'll chip their ****ing teeth