PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Regatta May 14th & 15th Who's goin??

jbtrailerjim
05-04-2004, 12:38 PM
I know there is quite a few Ultra owner's here on the boards. Just wanted to see who all is goin. I'll be out there the 14th - 16th. Hope to finally meet some peep's from the board's.

shadow
05-04-2004, 12:46 PM
My wife and I'll be there with some friends in our boat.I know of 2 other friends not on the boards that will be there with thier boats.

WaTchTheGelCoat
05-04-2004, 02:14 PM
My buddy and I will be there on Friday night with his 21 Stealth

THOR
05-04-2004, 02:24 PM
I'll be there if the new boat is done.

shadow
05-04-2004, 02:36 PM
WatchTheGelCoat.Is your friends name sean with the 21 stealth?The reason i asked cause i see your from Palm Springs.

WaTchTheGelCoat
05-04-2004, 02:44 PM
No his name is Kurt

Ultra5150
05-04-2004, 02:44 PM
My guys trip got shutdown by a buddies wife and an unexpected trip to Alabama for another one of my friends.
My dad retires this Friday so I told him, my brother, he and I should head out to Havasu that weekend. It is looking good. We will not get there till late Friday night and being that I will just be hanging out with Pops, I will probably just hook with all of you at the channel or wherever you guys are parked for a while. Look for my boat, I dont have the AZ number or name on it yet. I look forward to meeting some of yall out there.

rvrtoy
05-04-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Ultra5150
My guys trip got shutdown by a buddies wife and an unexpected trip to Alabama for another one of my friends.
My dad retires this Friday so I told him, my brother, he and I should head out to Havasu that weekend. It is looking good. We will not get there till late Friday night and being that I will just be hanging out with Pops, I will probably just hook with all of you at the channel or wherever you guys are parked for a while. Look for my boat, I dont have the AZ number or name on it yet. I look forward to meeting some of yall out there.
You still need to let me know what 2 pairs of glasses you want for those tickets you got me. I will be there for the regatta. If you let me know soon I will bring them with me.

ryantparks
05-04-2004, 05:00 PM
My wife and I plus another couple in our boat with no kids thanks to all of the family, 1 here and 2 there. Staying at the Ramada near the London Bridge. We'll be there around noon on Fri.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/605ultra_1-med.JPG

RUCAV
05-04-2004, 05:13 PM
I will be rolling in there about 1 pm on Thursday to maximize my time on the water.

hurleyr
05-04-2004, 06:40 PM
Hey all,
I'll be staying at the AVI that weekend (with family). Was hoping to head down to Havasu Friday or Saturday to check out the Ultra gig. I'd like to meet some of ya!

jaegermeister
05-04-2004, 06:43 PM
Definately looking forward to the regatta.
Does anyone think I have a chance at the stereo contest?

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-04-2004, 06:46 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=679855
nice boat and welcome aboard..

jbtrailerjim
05-04-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by THOR
I'll be there if the new boat is done.
Well they had my boat done about two week's after it came out the mold. Your's came out of the mold last week right? So, hopefully your's will be done just in time.

Johnwithjm
05-05-2004, 08:09 AM
I will be there Thursday night. Should be a fun time. Any one playing in the golf tourney? I`ll be out there hacking.

rvrtoy
05-05-2004, 08:13 AM
I will be there Thursday night and playing golf on Friday. Well if you can call it golf. I have not touched a golf club in at least 3 years.:D Should be a blast!
Steve

THOR
05-05-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
Well they had my boat done about two week's after it came out the mold. Your's came out of the mold last week right? So, hopefully your's will be done just in time.
It will be close. Word on the street it they are giving away a 50" Plasma TV as the newest boat award. :D

Boat Loan Guy
05-05-2004, 12:17 PM
Ill be with Steve in the golf car driving it because there is no way in hell i can hit the freaken white ball and make it leave the tee let alone drive it down the fairway...bye the way John were is my boat...

jbtrailerjim
05-05-2004, 04:57 PM
I'd love to play golf on Friday with all of you but that would get in the way of my seat time in the boat. This will be my first trip of the season and I'm dieing to get out on the water.

Havasu Hangin'
05-05-2004, 05:13 PM
Ole HH will be out there...probably bummin' a ride from one of them shiny Ultras...

jaegermeister
05-05-2004, 07:12 PM
Hey John,
Will we be seeing a guest appearance from Jesse James and his new Bad Ass Stealth???
By far the sickest gel coat I've ever seen!!!
Kurt

shadow
05-05-2004, 08:26 PM
Jaegermeister, that would be a 27 shadow.
so lets see some pics of that stereo?
Have you ever had a bullmeister?shot of jaegermeister submereged in red bull.good stuff!

jbtrailerjim
05-05-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
Ole HH will be out there...probably bummin' a ride from one of them shiny Ultras...
After hanging around all those shiny Ultra's all weekend you just might be tempted to buy one now that the HH Tug is gone. I'm sure John West will throw in some extra zip tie's for ya.

fourspeednup
05-05-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by shadow
Jaegermeister, that would be a 27 shadow.
so lets see some pics of that stereo?
Have you ever had a bullmeister?shot of jaegermeister submereged in red bull.good stuff!
Jaeger bombs--ohh sooo tasty!:D

jaegermeister
05-05-2004, 09:35 PM
Yeah, Jaeger & bull is the sh*t.
Shadow- Your gel coat is the next best that I've seen. I see you in parker all the time. Anyway- no pics of my stereo, but I've got 4 infinity 6x9's, 2 infinity 6.5's, 2 infinity 4.25's, 2 MTX 12's, MTX crossover and 3 MTX competition amps (about 3k watts RMS continuous power).
It's about the extent I can do with the space that I've got....

shadow
05-05-2004, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the compliment Jaeger,your system sounds pretty good.See you at the regatta.I'll be at Parker this weekend if you're out there flag me down.

jbtrailerjim
05-10-2004, 08:42 AM
So, I spent all day Saturday detailing the boat and it's ready to go. I'll be up there Thursday night and on the water Friday morning. I can't wait. Cmonnnn.....Thursday. Hurry up and get here.

shadow
05-10-2004, 09:00 AM
jbtrailerjim,Can you get here early thursday and detail mine?I spent all weekend abusing my boat.John theres always someone louder.Wait till you see Adams boat,6 1\2s all the way across the rear bench head rest,about 8 or 10 there.speakers in the blower scoop facing rear.Not to mention dvd monitors in the headrests,and the list goes on.I feel like I'm sporting a portable am\fm adiovox boombox next to him.He's comming with me this weekend and i think he's brining his boat.you can check it out then.

jbtrailerjim
05-10-2004, 09:10 AM
jbtrailerjim,Can you get here early thursday and detail mine?
LOL....Not a chance. I was a tired mofo Saturday night. About half way through detailing it, I told my wife now I know why I usually pay someone to detail it.

THOR
05-10-2004, 09:13 AM
You fockers have a good time. Say hello to my dad for me. He has a 21' Stealth with some killer american flag graphics. Honestly, they are the best I have seen.

shadow
05-10-2004, 09:18 AM
Just thought I'd ask.by the way i was a tired mofo sat night also.
I't aint easy to stand in waist deep water and listen to loud music,bikinis everywhere you look and drink beer all day:D

THOR
You are the man. Need me to come down with pocket full of zip ties? :D

jbtrailerjim
You fockers have a good time. Say hello to my dad for me. He has a 21' Stealth with some killer american flag graphics. Honestly, they are the best I have seen.
I take it your boat is not gonna be done in time?

THOR
05-10-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
I take it your boat is not gonna be done in time?
Not yet. But, they are like busy little beavers down there from what John and Steve tell me.

mud duck
05-10-2004, 09:31 AM
Have a good time!! I will be thinking of you & wishing I was there too. :frown:

ADAM GARCIA
05-11-2004, 04:02 PM
WIRED FOR SOUND WILL BE THERE MAKING WAVES :cool:

Jordy
05-11-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by ADAM GARCIA
WIRED FOR SOUND WILL BE THERE MAKING WAVES :cool:
Hey, welcome to the boards Adam. :D
Jordan

shadow
05-11-2004, 06:16 PM
Heres a few pics of his wavemaker.

shadow
05-11-2004, 06:18 PM

riverliver
05-11-2004, 06:19 PM
Nice looking boat Adam ..

THATJEFFGUY
05-11-2004, 11:00 PM
John ordered a few of these from me to keep you Ultra owners cool. Have fun !!
http://members.aol.com/jeff2233/ultrapurple
http://members.aol.com/jeff2233/ultrared

JustMVG
05-12-2004, 02:28 AM
Well we were going to go if we got our jet done in time , but no we didn't so we can't go this year, and i wanted to win one of those Ultra canopy's , oh well there's always next year, Uh John there will be one next year , won't there?
Everyone have fun take lots of pics and get them up so we can see what we missed out on, Mike VG

jbtrailerjim
05-12-2004, 05:27 AM
Hey John, Any idea how many boats are gonna be at the regatta?

THOR
05-12-2004, 07:09 AM
Those canopies are sweet. Can I enter the raffle from home? :(

Johnwithjm
05-12-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by THATJEFFGUY
John ordered a few of these from me to keep you Ultra owners cool. Have fun !!
http://members.aol.com/jeff2233/ultrapurple
http://members.aol.com/jeff2233/ultrared Wow those turned out nice. Jeff give me a call and let me know when I can get those from you. 909-734-6000

shadow
05-12-2004, 10:40 AM
John check you pm.

dicudmore
05-12-2004, 01:14 PM
hope you all have a great time

rvrtoy
05-13-2004, 09:13 AM
THATS IT!!!!!! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY LONGER!!! I'M OUTA HERE!!!!
I hope to see all of you there!!!:D :D :D

Johnwithjm
05-13-2004, 10:05 AM
I`ll be leaving at noon:D See you all out there

jbtrailerjim
05-13-2004, 02:20 PM
I'm outta here!!!!

shadow
05-17-2004, 06:19 AM
Great Regatta!Thanks John,Leah and everyone else involved in putting together a great event.Customer service including John giving my drunk ass a safe ride home.Thanks agian.Alot of good prizes,good people and beautiful boats.Got to meet some more people from the boards,didn't get to spend much time with you guys but theres always next trip.Thanks again Ultra for a great regatta and hope theres another next year.

WaTchTheGelCoat
05-17-2004, 07:55 AM
Great Regatta!Thanks John,Leah and everyone else involved in putting together a great event.Customer service including John giving my drunk ass a safe ride home.Thanks agian.Alot of good prizes,good people and beautiful boats.Got to meet some more people from the boards,didn't get to spend much time with you guys but theres always next trip.Thanks again Ultra for a great regatta and hope theres another next year.
Great time, great people, kick ass boats everywhere you look. Shadow , nice meeting you and your crew. Thanks to all who made it possible.

jbtrailerjim
05-17-2004, 08:20 AM
Good times. Thanks John & whole the whole crew from Ultra. Lookin forward to next year. Lot's of cool peep's and awesome boat's out there.
Shadow, Good meeting you Saturday night.

THOR
05-17-2004, 08:22 AM
pics! PICS! PICS!

rvrtoy
05-17-2004, 09:20 AM
pics! PICS! PICS!
I have 5 rolls of film out for developing today. Should have them back tuesday. I am having them put on CD as well so it will be easy to post!!

dicudmore
05-17-2004, 09:33 AM
hey, good idea....pics

mud duck
05-17-2004, 12:00 PM
Let's see some pics!! I want to know what I missed. :frown:

hurleyr
05-17-2004, 04:36 PM
OK, so we waited until the last minute, first the nautical was booked , then AVI was booked, so we get a room at the Bridge View. Still hoping to get a peak at the Ultra gig.
We already get a late start leaving Ventura Friday night, the kids DVD player won't work (not wanting to attempt the trip without it) I spend 30 minutes in a parking lot in Canyon Country fixin the %$&% thing. By the time we get to Needles its after midnight and the Burb is making serious clunking noises (this is just after we passed a 28 foot eliminator that had lost a trailer wheel) so I'm a bit nervous. We limp it into Havasu City about 1:00 am.
OK, now Saturday morning we drop the boat in the water at site 6 as the wife is parking our rig I slip off the swim step and kick the prop. It was not running so I had that going for me, but the water looks similar to what I've seen in a Jaws movie. Its obvious I need stitches so I wrap my foot in a now blood soaked towel and wait for my wife to hike about a half a mile from where she parked the Burb.
By this time my buddy, who also wanted to go to the Ultra gig drops his boat in and proceeds to head out to the sand bar. So I follow hoping that the blood will stop by the time we get there. It did! But it hurt like he$%.
So, I finally get a chance to crack a cool one (with my leg up on the dash) and try to get some enjoyment out of the day. Shortly thereafter we realize my five year old boy is not feeling to well. He is running a good fever so we decide to head in and get him some shelter. Back at site 6 wait about 45 minutes for the wife to get the Burb while in the process I jump start an open pipe boat at the dock which in turn wakes up my other kid that was trying to take a nap.
OK, the trip is going real well so far. As my wife is now backing our rig into the water my cell phone rings. Its my buddy who had just broke down on the other side of the lake. Wife parks the car and we pack everyone back up and head back across the lake (all while my foot is wrapped in a blood soaked towel). Tow my buddy in (he sucked a rope in the jet so he was enjoying the Ultra weekend as well).
OK, by this time site 6 is packed so we spent one more hour loading both boats (buddies). Head back to the hotel sleep it off the next morning my other kid is sick. So we pack up and head home.
And to tell you all the truth, I still enjoyed seeing all those pretty Ultras running through town even though we never got over to talk to any of you. I hope you all had fun.
A bad day at the lake is still better than sitting at home.
:D :D :D

shadow
05-17-2004, 07:07 PM
hurleyr, sorry to hear about your luck.although you got a great attitude.Next trip will be better.Check for photos at
www.memoriesink.net theres some good arial shots of alot of the boats that were there.some of the party shots.none of the group photos yet. Check it out Yeagermiester and Watchthegel coat some good ones of you guys ,jbtrailerjim a few good ones of you also.

SoCalOffshore
05-17-2004, 07:22 PM
I had a great time and I don't even own an Ultra. I had problems launching as well. Everywhere I went I got turned down. So ended up launching at Windsor and it worked out well, although it was quite crowded on Saturday.

hurleyr
05-17-2004, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the pics Shadow. I was almost there!

ryantparks
05-17-2004, 08:21 PM
We also had a great time and would love to do it again next year if we had the opportunity! We made out with the raffle winning stereo equipment, tongue lock, tools and tie-downs for the back of the boat.
This is not a great pic but heres one of our boat.
Thanks to everyone!http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/605DSCF0003-med.JPG

shadow
05-17-2004, 09:48 PM
ryantparks,did you check out the pics?Isaw some good ones of you and your crew too.next time you're going to the river shoot me a pm.were there atleast every other weekend.

mud duck
05-18-2004, 05:51 AM
Very nice pictures!! Those are some great boats. I really like the 27' Shadow bowriders.
Now, where can I find an extra $100,000 laying around somewhere? :D
Wish I could have been there.

rvrtoy
05-19-2004, 08:47 AM
Thank you to everyone who attended the Ultra Blast 2004. The final count of boats attended is 104 with over 300 people.
We enjoyed hanging out with all of you and can't wait to start planning next years event.
A couple of the venders that were their told me that it was the best regatta that they had ever attended!
I will try and figure out how to post some of the candid shots that Mrs. rvrtoy took through out the event.