PDA

View Full Version : Water line to the motor?

Moose
05-04-2004, 03:03 PM
The line coming out of the pump is 1/2" NPT that go's to a Gate valve with a 1/2"NPT female exit.
I want to put a pressure regulator after the gate valve.
What size pressure regulator ( 1/2", 3/4", 1") should I use and then what size hose should I run up to the motor, 8-AN, 10-AN, 12-AN. I have a cross over tube going into the front of the motor and it has a 1"NPT inlet. Any idea's?.
Moose
If you need pic's I can get them!.

Aluminum Squirt
05-04-2004, 06:42 PM
Moose, thanx for the deal on the carb. Your boat is going to be VERY nice when you get it done, who am I kidding, its already nice. I was very impressed-Aluminum Squirt

Moose
05-04-2004, 06:57 PM
Aluminum Squirt,
Glad I could help, if your Mech. finds any probs w/ the carb don't hesitate to bring it back. I'm sure he won't but just in case:wink: .
As soon as I get mine running we will have to meet up and exchange rides. I would love to go for a ride in that Alum. river rocket of yours.
Moose
Damn, we hijacked my own thread:D .

novaguy
05-04-2004, 10:57 PM
Moose,
I am running -10 AN lines and fittings. The regulator I have is 3/4" Grainger part #2P081B, no gate valve.

Aluminum Squirt
05-05-2004, 07:24 AM
Ya Moose, sorry about hijacking your thread. I ordered the regulator from HTP. I know, I'm lazy and I should have built my own but I'll let you know how it works out. I'm a little under the gun here, there's a race weekend after next that I'm trying to make. Good luck-Aluminum Squirt