PDA

View Full Version : Force Feed or Draw from Pump?

Bryan Rose
05-04-2004, 05:55 PM
Here we go talkin about oil coolers.... Is it better to force feed it from the plate to the cooler or to draw it from the pump to supply the oil cooler. I have a -10 pickup I can use for the force feeding of water already...Show me the way..........................................
Bryan

Bryan Rose
05-05-2004, 03:49 PM
Well todayI ran the plumbing to the cooler with force feed routing... Hope I did the right thing I am going to test on friday...
Hope it's right

superdave013
05-05-2004, 04:25 PM
I think you did. Why pump water through the cooler when the boats not even moving.
I know mine's a v drive but I do have a big water pump. I plan to force feed my oil and intercoolers too.

Bryan Rose
05-05-2004, 05:09 PM
I'll let you know........... Figured the only time I really need the cooler ,is when running hard and not when below 1500 RPMS....

Bryan Rose
05-06-2004, 01:44 PM
well went and tested early.... Seems to work but I can not tell how much water is going actually going through the line without going back to see, and that was not possible to do, being that I was by myself............... I will enclose a picture later of the set up.........................forgot my camera
Bryan

Infomaniac
05-06-2004, 06:46 PM
You did the right thing.
Have someone follow you to see it flowing. It flows as soon as you get on plane I bet.