PDA

View Full Version : Hey GottaJetBoat.......well?

Mandelon
05-05-2004, 06:21 AM
Barry left my house and went home with the boat formerly known as Hot Tub yesterday. My sadness to see her go was easily countered by the joy of a man and his new toy. Why are we like that? Its only a boat....but even for a grown man its like christmas for a kid.......can't wait.
I hope the ride home went well. Let me know what you find out about the pump. I know you will have fun with it. It looked nice behind your truck as it rolled up the street.
:D :( :D

Debbolas
05-05-2004, 06:24 AM
I felt very sad when we sold our old boat. There are so many memories in a boat, some bad, but mostly good. My kids learned how to tube behind that boat and fell asleep when they were small on long boat rides.
;)

BarryMac
05-05-2004, 08:15 AM
I have to say that I had a huge :D on my face the entire way home, when I got to my destination it was about 98 freaking degrees but I didn't care, I started adding all of my stuff to the boat wiped it down about a dozen times and fired it up :D for the whole neighborhood to hear. Needless to say I am totally stoked to have the previous Hot Tub, we will re-name it but will put a small sticked somewhere on it with the old name, just so 'Hot Tub' will live on in spirit.
I have to say thanks to Richard and his Wife, they are an awesome couple, I hope that we can hook up at the river, I think they would be great fun to hang/party with.
Richard, can I send you the picture of my boat behind my truck at your casa? I would really like to see it posted here.
Gottajetboat
:D :) :cool:

Mandelon
05-05-2004, 08:24 AM
That's great. Glad the trip home was alright. Tomorrow you are taking vacation and hitting San Vicente?
You can email it to my house or the office.....check pm's.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
05-05-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by gottajetboat
I have to say that I had a huge :D on my face the entire way home, when I got to my destination it was about 98 freaking degrees but I didn't care, I started adding all of my stuff to the boat wiped it down about a dozen times and fired it up :D for the whole neighborhood to hear. Needless to say I am totally stoked to have the previous Hot Tub, we will re-name it but will put a small sticked somewhere on it with the old name, just so 'Hot Tub' will live on in spirit.
I have to say thanks to Richard and his Wife, they are an awesome couple, I hope that we can hook up at the river, I think they would be great fun to hang/party with.
Richard, can I send you the picture of my boat behind my truck at your casa? I would really like to see it posted here.
Gottajetboat
:D :) :cool:
I hope you have a jetaway on your pump:eek: starting a jet out of the water and running it for the neighborhood to hear is the quickest way to fry a wear ring. Not trying to flame you I just assume this is your first jet boat and trying to keep you from making an expen$ive mistake. Congrats on your new boat:)
Omega

BarryMac
05-05-2004, 09:03 AM
I hope you have a jetaway on your pump:eek:
This is my first jet boat and I hate to say I don't know if I have a Jetaway on it, is there an easy way to tell?:confused:

Blown 472
05-05-2004, 09:05 AM
I hope you have a jetaway on your pump:eek:
This is my first jet boat and I hate to say I don't know if I have a Jetaway on it, is there an easy way to tell?:confused:
If you dont know dont fire it on the trailer out of the water, will smoke the packing around the shaft that is supposed to be water lubed, if you take it out and smell something burning that is your packing, which will start leaking soon. Been there done that.

HCS
05-05-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Blown 472
If you dont know dont fire it on the trailer out of the water, will smoke the packing around the shaft that is supposed to be water lubed, if you take it out and smell something burning that is your packing, which will start leaking soon. Been there done that.
Don't ya hate it when you do stuff like that. I fried the impeller on
my boat that way. Fired it up out of the water and the thing
disintegrated.:rolleyes: Then I went boating and the motor
wouldn't cool. I couldn't figure out why until I realized what I did.:o

BarryMac
05-05-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
Don't ya hate it when you do stuff like that. I fried the impeller on
my boat that way. Fired it up out of the water and the thing
disintegrated.:rolleyes: Then I went boating and the motor
wouldn't cool. I couldn't figure out why until I realized what I did.:o
Guess it doesn't really matter that I had the hose shoved into the diverter then or does it? :confused:

HCS
05-05-2004, 09:49 AM
Guess it doesn't really matter that I had the hose shoved into the diverter then or does it? :confused:
We got to get one of the jet guys on this. I know mines fine as
long as I run water through it.