PDA

View Full Version : found this boat on craigslist houston, if anyone is interested...

gregr1971
04-01-2006, 08:18 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-147168864@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-04-01, 1:22AM CST
This is a 1975 avenger made by Cee Bee mfg. out of california. 18ft 7.0ft beam shallow V hull with an oldsmobile 462ci and a Berkley 12JC jet drive. I bought this boat about 8 months ago with an oldsmobile 350 that was blown to pieces so i had a 455 built by Bear Creek Machine Shop. Bored over .30 2323 forged speed pro pistons, stock rods that i had resized with ARP bolts, stock crank std/std, whole rotating assembley was balanced by www.houstonengine.com topped with C heads large valves (stainless steel) all new valve guides, 3 angle valve job with hardened seats, engle jm-25-28 camshaft 280°/292° duration 0.523 0.544 lift 108 lobe sep.,valve spring from mondello: SK-247-SP - Silicon-vanadium steel outer valve spring with flat wound harmonic dampener. Installed height is 1.700", seat pressure is 130 lbs at .530" lift. 320 lbs open pressure. Hardened pushrods 9.60 in length. I converted to adjustable valvetrain. ARP rocker studs 5/16 base thread with 3/8 top thread, Comp Cams guide plates, with 1.6 roller tip rockers. Its got all Hardin Marine 4 point engine mounts, SFI flexplate, SFI balancer, MSD ignition with soft touch rev box, MSD Blaster coil, holley street dominator intake, Holley 750 been all ported, polished and flow benched at a little over 850cfm, Hardin Marine exhaust logs and risers with through tansom exhaust, Hardin marine 3inch slash cut tips with an extra set of trumpet style tips and flappers. Jet drive is in good condition and is greased before every use. i havent had to tear into it for any reason but when i bought it i looked through the intake of the pump and inspected the impellor. no major damage few "small" nicks. it is an A impellor as far as i know. fwd/rverse cable is old but still slides easily and smoothly, steering works smoothly but new cable wont hurt.new interior, home made fiberglass console with a JVC chamillion cd player with 2 MTX 5inch speakers with built in directional tweeters. i converted over to white face gauges the only one not replaced was speedometer will need new speedo hose also, I never used it i always brought my gps along. its got a front mounted tank that holds maybe 25 gallons. The paint is not perfect but still looks good. The right side got scratched up from the fender well of trailer. I guess from loading boat after having a few too many sixxers. Was already there when i bought it. the front deck has been repaired before and reinforced. That was done by a previous owner... Engine only has about 15hrs on it, it runs and sounds awesome ive really injoyed this boat although i spent more time working on it than i did with my wife. Its finally water ready and turn key. i just picked up another jet boat that needs restoration. im hooked on jet boats and enjoy working on them so this one can help pay for new project and prolly a divorce. the boat sits on heavy duty trailer completely rewired with all new lights. requires 2 inch ball new wheel bearings with bearing buddy's tires have 75% tread left. I never got a title for trailer i was just going to register it as a home built. Ill unhook jet drive. Come hear it run. email me for pics jffconlin@yahoo.com or call 281 642 9518
this is in or around katy,tx
no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests