PDA

View Full Version : fuel injection?

Terrible Buddhist
08-22-2001, 07:43 AM
I am working on a turbo setup for my big block 580...I was wondering how many of you with big inch blown motors use FI as opposed to carb...tell me about your setups either way...Thanks!

skijake
08-23-2001, 08:32 AM
Try calling PFM in Riverside Calif. (909)637-2353
They are the ones that make Superchiller's They also make a fuel injection system for blown and turbo'ed marine application it's called Total Control
When you call them make sure you are sitting down when they quote the price (I know a good carb guy, if you change your mind).

schiada96
08-23-2001, 09:11 AM
I'm still doing it the old way with one
1250 holley on a draw thru application. You can make alot of hp this way. My engine is a 510 not quite as large as yours and it runs well. 17 lbs of boost requires race gas!
Jeff

Terrible Buddhist
08-23-2001, 11:16 AM
One holley and 17 pounds of boost is pretty impressive...would love to see pictures of the setup, I am currently running a draw through with 6 lbs on a 468. My turbo's seem to have a built in by-pass that keeps them at 6 pounds.
Right now I am looking at going with the Electromotive Tec I, I found a guy selling an entire setup including manifold and intercooler for $1,000. I am still deciding if I want to go that route though.

schiada96
08-23-2001, 06:22 PM
I bought a bare hull from schiada and rigged it my self. I know its old school but I'm using a pfm system similar to a gale banks setup with the twin core intercooler. My wife is goin to bring home the digital camera from work and I'll send you pictures.
The turbo system was traded for work on another turbo boat. He was a close friend who died on a fast bike, what a loss.
Turbos I find are a lot easier on motors than superchargers. Plus the more you load them the better they work. I'm running a turbo 400 trans 1.45 gears in the v-drive and a 11.5 dia x 16.5 pitch prop. The exhaust is not the best as you know and it kind of holds the rpms down it will only pull 5500 but that's going pretty good. I'd love to build a contemporary turbo setup with tube headers,good intercooler and injection.
I was at parker last weekend ran a few outher boats, got beat only once by a HTM 24
but I had him up till around a 100. Its pretty amazing that I rigged it my self and it goes this well.
Check out Ray Hall turbo they have couple of cool setups to get ideas from.
Jeff