PDA

View Full Version : Freeboard Challenged Grudge match Update

cyclone
05-06-2004, 08:29 AM
Well there's only a week left until the big event and tensions are high.
I saw Vicfb's "new" boat leave TRG Custom Fiberglass last night and it's lookin' real good. Its completely gutted and he's talkin' smack about how he's going to build the motor, build the interior, completely rig the boat and make it to the event in time for the party. Any bets?
The Dutch treat is lookin' to be a no show, but i hear Dan Hercules and Hot Hallett are ready and will be racing backwards for beer!
Other grudge matches include:
Vicfb vs Cyclone in a downhill wheelchair death match race
Roostwear vs himself in a fight to see if the No2 makes it onto the motor or if he'll just be testing a new "intake manifold"
:wink:
one of the most
anticipated grudge matches is going to be Wrightnow vs the garage door to see if he can actually get his boat out of it with that gigantor scoop he just bought for his new motor.
There's also talk around the water cooler of a special double throw down, no hold's barred wagon race down the launch ramp at big river between Wrightnow's kids.
Several of the jet boaters are also keeping an eye out for BGMan to see if those new driving lessons have paid off.
And let's not forget Chet Capoli who has once again been called out to see if he even exists and if those towel racks are for real!:eek: Where you at man, I got a beer with your name on it.

BIGAMIST
05-06-2004, 09:02 AM
Funny stuff Mike:D

BIGAMIST
05-06-2004, 09:09 AM
Is there gonna be an ice-chest toss, 8:00am Saturday morning this year?:D :D

cyclone
05-06-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by BIGAMIST
ya know i think he will be there even if Chestah isn't. I think he suffered enough last time though.
Are you going to see if you can break your boat in half again?:D

cyclone
05-06-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
bubbles is coming up short on making it out there.. (it'll be close, but I don't think I"m going to be able to pull it off.. atleast not painted motor/cowling and pulling it off)
I'm going to come down from Parker Saturday though and hang out for a bit. :)
RD
screw the paint. bring the boat anyway. :)

BIGAMIST
05-06-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by cyclone
ya know i think he will be there even if Chestah isn't. I think he suffered enough last time though.
Are you going to see if you can break your boat in half again?:D
Now you're gonna bust my balls about that too:D :D .No cause this time when you guys pass me I'm just gonna pull over & take pictures:D not try to keep up:D

HotHallet
05-06-2004, 09:26 AM
Totally bumbed I cannot make it. Sounds like it is going to be a kick ass event. I will be in Greenville, Mississippi on business. Listen to me "business" trying to sound all professional. I'll be sweating my ass of in shorts and a t-shirt photographing custom trucks and watching a bunch of teenagers make idiots out of themselves. God I'm going to miss the river and this event sounds like it is going to be a blast. Oh well can't be in two places at one time and duty calls. I hope to plan another river trip this year to Needles or Blythe-maybe a mini freeboard challenged. I have to see everyone's new set-ups in one place at one time. Have fun everyone and I'll be thinking about ya when I am hanging out in the middle of Knowhere.

HBjet
05-06-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
It's not like I'm trying to make a race here.. LOL I'm in no hurry. ;)
RD
Come on Dave, bring it out.... who cares if the motor isn't painted, it will be cool just being out there.
HBjet

roostwear
05-06-2004, 10:13 AM
Roostwear vs himself in a fight to see if the No2 makes it onto the motor or if he'll just be testing a new "intake manifold"
Geezus, I slip ONE time and now people think I have squeeze! There will be NO N2O at FC, and to PROVE it, I don't even have the clearance for a plate anymore! At this point, I just wish I had a tach that read right. I'll be happy to lift the cover just to prove I'm not on the bottle.
Roost (getting beat up over a lowly open bow) wear
:D

HBjet
05-06-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by roostwear
I'll be happy to lift the cover just to prove I'm not on the bottle.
As I raise the engine hatch of Roostwears boat, Cyclone says "Jeez, he's got enough NOS to blow himself up"

roostwear
05-06-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by HBjet
As I raise the engine hatch of Roostwears boat, Cyclone says "Jeez, he's got enough NOS to blow himself up"
A scene from "The unbareably slow and furious"?

hack job
05-06-2004, 10:50 AM
i heard that the wheel chair event was taking place on the launch ramp( atleast it did last weekend);) :D
i should be ready for that weekend ( provided there are no more set backs):confused:

cyclone
05-06-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by hack job
i heard that the wheel chair event was taking place on the launch ramp( atleast it did last weekend);) :D
i should be ready for that weekend ( provided there are no more set backs):confused:
i call shotgun! someone's got to catch the bow light as it flies off!:D

flat broke
05-06-2004, 11:21 AM
It would have to be installed before it could fly off ;) Homeboy has been slackin on the boat.... Something about it being hot and stuff.
I want some action on the nocturnal launchramp luge races. :D I'll take Danhurcules over little Mark best 2 out of three. Sorry Mike, but I can't in good faith put my money on you because of your past driving exploits at the CBBB. :D
I'm thinking there needs to be some vehicle limitations to keep things relatively fair. No purpose built vehicles, must be a utility cart, wheelchair, red wagon, etc.
I'll make sure hacker has the night vision video camera charged up and ready for that shizzle. As for dibs on shotgun, I'm betting Shannon has that seat all wrapped up. And since my nic name for the event will be "boatless", you can bet my fat ass will be tying up one of those pimp back seats.
I don't know what is worse; pulling a HotHallet and ditching out on the event under the guise of working when he just finished his boat :D :) :D , or not having the boat ready to go and facing the cruel taunts of the river without my ride.... Ah shit, he's in a waaaaaay worse situation than I am. I can still go and mooch beers out of whichever boat I ride in, and egg my chaufer into races with boats that are faster than his. :D
Man, I'm itchin to go to this thing!!!
Chris

roostwear
05-06-2004, 11:30 AM
I'm thinkin with Mark's spot close to the ramp, we can set up a contestant retrieval system so the drunk bastards don't wind up in Blythe (unless we vote to let one of the drunk bastards float to Blythe). We might also consider banning pneumatic tires. The hard rubber deals have a far better chance of causing injury and maming in general.

cyclone
05-06-2004, 12:26 PM
I'm thinkin with Mark's spot close to the ramp, we can set up a contestant retrieval system so the drunk bastards don't wind up in Blythe (unless we vote to let one of the drunk bastards float to Blythe). We might also consider banning pneumatic tires. The hard rubber deals have a far better chance of causing injury and maming in general.
A ha! we just got the general's blessing for senseless violence and fun on the ramp after dark.

roostwear
05-06-2004, 01:39 PM
Theoretically.

HBjet
05-06-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by flat broke
It would have to be installed before it could fly off ;) Homeboy has been slackin on the boat.... Something about it being hot and stuff.
I want some action on the nocturnal launchramp luge races. :D I'll take Danhurcules over little Mark best 2 out of three. Sorry Mike, but I can't in good faith put my money on you because of your past driving exploits at the CBBB. :D
I'm thinking there needs to be some vehicle limitations to keep things relatively fair. No purpose built vehicles, must be a utility cart, wheelchair, red wagon, etc.
I'll make sure hacker has the night vision video camera charged up and ready for that shizzle. As for dibs on shotgun, I'm betting Shannon has that seat all wrapped up. And since my nic name for the event will be "boatless", you can bet my fat ass will be tying up one of those pimp back seats.
I don't know what is worse; pulling a HotHallet and ditching out on the event under the guise of working when he just finished his boat :D :) :D , or not having the boat ready to go and facing the cruel taunts of the river without my ride.... Ah shit, he's in a waaaaaay worse situation than I am. I can still go and mooch beers out of whichever boat I ride in, and egg my chaufer into races with boats that are faster than his. :D
Man, I'm itchin to go to this thing!!!
Chris
I think with all of the work you did on HotHalletts ride, you should be handed the keys to it for the weekend even though he's not going..... then you can have a boat, and his boat could be there...
HBjet

flat broke
05-06-2004, 02:18 PM
It just wouldn't feel right with all the other fast boats around :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p Actually, I just wouldn't want to be responsible for keeping all that polish work shiny. :)
I'll just wait for my own tub to be done.
Chris

cyclone
05-06-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by flat broke
It just wouldn't feel right with all the other fast boats around :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p Actually, I just wouldn't want to be responsible for keeping all that polish work shiny. :)
I'll just wait for my own tub to be done.
Chris
you'd have to wash the monogrammed towels after the weekend too and that's a lot of work.:D

Danhercules
05-06-2004, 04:34 PM
After we total vics wheel chair, we can cut open the empty keg and stuff him in there and roll him down the launch ramp and let him float to Blythe. By the way, is there any water falls at Big River?
Dan (gonna make sure that keg is empty) hercules

cyclone
05-06-2004, 04:35 PM
omg you're mean!!!:D

MudPumper
05-06-2004, 04:50 PM
And after we are too drunk to ride down the launch ramp, we can have a contest to see who can stand in the ice chest the longest!!!!!!:D

roostwear
05-06-2004, 05:33 PM
OK now.... officially speaking, "Big River RV Park is a family atmosphere, and we should act accordingly".
That said, what's the big deal about standing in an ice chest? I do it all the time on the patio when it's empty......

BGMAN203
05-06-2004, 05:57 PM
Several of the jet boaters are also keeping an eye out for BGMan to see if those new driving lessons have paid off.
I don't know if I will be able to keep up with the triple digit jet boats, but who knows Ill give it a whirl. Driving lessons did help....by the way, what are you doing reading the v-drive section?:rolleyes: :cool:

roostwear
05-06-2004, 06:01 PM
It's kinda like driving by Leisure World. Everybody says when you get old you'll wind up there. j/k :D

victorfb
05-06-2004, 10:20 PM
Well there's only a week left until the big event and tensions are high.
I saw Vicfb's "new" boat leave TRG Custom Fiberglass last night and it's lookin' real good. Its completely gutted and he's talkin' smack about how he's going to build the motor, build the interior, completely rig the boat and make it to the event in time for the party. Any bets?
The Dutch treat is lookin' to be a no show, but i hear Dan Hercules and Hot Hallett are ready and will be racing backwards for beer!
Other grudge matches include:
Vicfb vs Cyclone in a downhill wheelchair death match race
one of the most
anticipated grudge matches is going to be Wrightnow vs the garage door to see if he can actually get his boat out of it with that gigantor scoop he just bought for his new motor.
There's also talk around the water cooler of a special double throw down, no hold's barred wagon race down the launch ramp at big river between Wrightnow's kids.
And let's not forget Chet Capoli who has once again been called out to see if he even exists and if those towel racks are for real!:eek: Where you at man, I got a beer with your name on it.
no faith mike? lol
and who said anything about the wheelchair race being "downhill"?

Cs19
05-06-2004, 10:41 PM
No grudge matches here, unless a flatty shows up. :D
Just teasing, Im about 50/50 wether i make it or not, but dont count me out!

Blown 472
05-06-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by cs19
No grudge matches here, unless a flatty shows up. :D
Just teasing, Im about 50/50 wether i make it or not, but dont count me out!
Talking large for a non running boat, you should just buy a flattie and be done with it.:D

Cs19
05-06-2004, 11:07 PM
Hey dumbshit, did you see the part that said JUST TEASING ?
If you show up Blown, I will be there with the boat, guaranteed.

Blown 472
05-06-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by cs19
Hey dumbshit, did you see the part that said JUST TEASING ?
If you show up Blown, I will be there with the boat, guaranteed.
I am packing tha car as we speak. Can I stay with you?

Cs19
05-06-2004, 11:27 PM
Ya sure, no prob.

roostwear
05-07-2004, 05:21 AM
Wheelchair races UP the ramp? That would be in the pro category. There's something not right about going uphill, and it would be harder to crash and burn, no?

Danhercules
05-07-2004, 06:22 AM
omg you're mean!!!:D
Me mean?!?!?!:confused: :confused:
You stole a handicap mans only way of transpertation, and crashed it down a set of stairs. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!
I just suggested what every bully in high school has done, like puttin some one in a locker.
:D :p ;) :D :p ;)

victorfb
05-07-2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by MudPumper
And after we are too drunk to ride down the launch ramp, we can have a contest to see who can stand in the ice chest the longest!!!!!!:D
oh yeah. im in on that one. my legs are allready numb. welcome to my world. :p

MudPumper
05-07-2004, 01:28 PM
A couple years ago, we were in Laughlin hanging out by the ramp at Riverside. Just us, a couple of chairs and a cooler full of beer watching all the launch ramp entertainment. Anyway, somebody came up with the idea to see who could bear to stand in the freezing ice chest the longest. I don't care how drunk you are, that shit hurts!!!!:D

cyclone
05-07-2004, 02:24 PM
"and i dont care who you are, that shit is funny!"

wsuwrhr
05-07-2004, 07:02 PM
Wheelchair races UP the ramp? That would be in the pro category. There's something not right about going uphill, and it would be harder to crash and burn, no?
Buddy, but when you flip over backwards going uphill, that's got to hurt.
Brian

roostwear
05-07-2004, 09:27 PM
I would have to bow out of the wheelchair competition. I have previous experience that removes me from the amateur ranks.
As MXC says, 'Get it on!"

bigpapasean
05-07-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by MudPumper
A couple years ago, we were in Laughlin hanging out by the ramp at Riverside. Just us, a couple of chairs and a cooler full of beer watching all the launch ramp entertainment. Anyway, somebody came up with the idea to see who could bear to stand in the freezing ice chest the longest. I don't care how drunk you are, that shit hurts!!!!:D
Try that with your head now that shit hurts not one of my brightest moments.:eek!:

jet4fun
05-08-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by BIGAMIST
ouchie ouchie, still waiting for the video

cyclone
05-09-2004, 07:07 PM
so who's in for this deal? I'll be there Friday around 8pm looking for a cold beverage!

MudPumper
05-09-2004, 07:50 PM
It's lookin like we'll be there Thursday night or Friday early morning at the latest.

wsuwrhr
05-09-2004, 08:00 PM
Unless I have problems like the last trip, I will be rollin' in Thursday night.
Brian

wrightnow
05-09-2004, 08:28 PM
I'm should be rolling in around 11:30pm Thur. night with HBjet, can't wait.......
Mark

wsuwrhr
05-09-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by wrightnow
I'm should be rolling in around 11:30pm Thur. night with HBjet, can't wait.......
Mark
Sounds like we will be caravaning.
Brian

Danhercules
05-09-2004, 09:08 PM
I will be towin doubles and leavin Fri night. So, the keg wont be ready till midnight on Fri. Giter done!!

hack job
05-09-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Danhercules
I will be towin doubles and leavin Fri night. So, the keg wont be ready till midnight on Fri. Giter done!!
dan you will have to let me know when your leaving cause were heading out fri eve as well!;)

wsuwrhr
05-09-2004, 09:42 PM
dan you will have to let me know when your leaving cause were heading out fri eve as well!;)
Hack job, you have a PM.
Brian

Danhercules
05-10-2004, 06:41 AM
Well if all goes as planned, (Like it ever dose), I will be leavin the Norco area about 6. The wife gets home at 5, so just some last min things. That shoud put us out there at 10 or so.