PDA

View Full Version : **** Screw Howard Stern ****

carbonmarine
05-06-2004, 08:39 AM
I was listening to this douch'e bag on my in today....
He is strategically skewing circustances & fact while speading
all sorts of misinformation, because he got fines on existing laws and repremanded by HIS emploeyer and turns it into some politcial vendetta to sway votes ....
What an idiot.....
Rick32:cool:

THOR
05-06-2004, 08:46 AM
I used to listen to Howard a lot. He doesnt understand that there are rules and he must work under those rules as well. But, if you break the rules then blame Bush right. He is such a hypocrit. What a pussy.

Dr. Eagle
05-06-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by carbonmarine
I was listening to this douch'e bag on my in today....
He is strategically skewing circustances & fact while speading
all sorts of misinformation, because he got fines on existing laws and repremanded by HIS emploeyer and turns it into some politcial vendetta to sway votes ....
What an idiot.....
Rick32:cool:
I sent him an email telling him I wasn't listening anymore because he has turned into a hack for the Democratic Party. I am sure he doesn't give a crap. But he is just another mouthpiece for the Al Franken Crowd, all because he is unhappy with the FCC.:rolleyes:

welk2party
05-06-2004, 08:47 AM
I think he has been milking it since his last contract. I think he wanted to retire last contract time, threw out a big number to stay and they said yes.

totenhosen
05-06-2004, 09:45 AM
The thing is does anyone know what the rules are? It is much easier to follow rules when they are clear and concise.

OutCole'd
05-06-2004, 09:57 AM
I think the rules are what ever Colin's son think they are for that day & situation.

GlastronGuy
05-06-2004, 10:13 AM
I think he is doing the right thing. Defending free speech. Those "rules" the FFC has in place seem to have changed since Bush came into office. Howard has been Howard for 10 years. Why the push against him now?
Disclaimer:
I don't agree with Howard's politics and I will be voting for Bush.

syke-o
05-06-2004, 10:18 AM
he hasnt been fined in 10 years... tallks crap about bush and then gets fined.... he has been doing the same show forever... in the beginning he was a big supporter of Bush actually... the bigger picture is the freedom of speech issue, and the supposed rules are not clearly defined... every radio show has to be extra careful now because of the new guidelines.. it is riduculous what cant be said now because of the children might be listening.. if you dont want to listen turn it off, and if you dont want your kids to hear it then dont let them listen!

carbonmarine
05-06-2004, 10:39 AM
THJOSE ARE HIS WORDS AND POINT OF VIEW !!!
** Have ANY of you requested the rules? **Have you seen the rules....????
Well, they are clearly defined and have been for a very long time. There are working groups, lobists, white papers, legislation and admendments of change , etc.... ALL VERY METHODICAL and VERY EXPLICED & VERY CLEAR... There is no ambigiousness about it.
Put it this way, could pubilcally traded companies such as Disney, GE, Time Warner operate environment as Howard spells out ? The answer is NO ! and they themselves woudl be sued for operating irresponsibly if so.... and their stock would be worthless
as investors are shy to loss.
So go ahead and believe that douch'e bags idealology and feel free use his rhetoric....

dimarcobros
05-06-2004, 10:42 AM
I listen to Kevin and Bean. :D :D :p
DMB

syke-o
05-06-2004, 10:46 AM
we all know of the 7 major curse words that cannot be used..... but other than that??? i am not an expert on this obviously, i just think they are ruining a good show that alot of people like to listen to... and it doesnt matter if you listen to his show or any other show, they are ALL being affected one way or another:(

Scream
05-06-2004, 10:50 AM
Howard's been getting fined for years. He just didn't admit to it in public because no matter what you think, getting fined by a government agency is a bad thing.
Stern got zapped because the media came under increased pressure to clean up it's act because of the the whole Janet delio during SB half time. That was the straw that broke the camels back. The FCC during the Bush admin has publicly discussed the use of the F word (that sounds better than the real thing) on broadcast TV at certain times, so thier not the ultra speech inhibiters they're made out to be here.
Stern is just cashing in on his celebrity to try and make himself into a martyr. When his bosses told him to tone it down, he imagined that he was bigger than the higherups and took the wrong path. He's weak and a looser and I've never really liked him or his show. It's not about free speech, it's about obsenity in the wrong community. Here on ***boat, our community expects the little zingers from posts now and then, it's part of our "charm", however in broadcast media in the US, the "community" must mean to include all citizens and thier respective groups.
Children are in that community and need our protection from time to time. When obscene language and visuals are bombarding these kids unfettered, well, the community as a whole suffers.
Just my $.02

CA Stu
05-06-2004, 11:08 AM
Long time listener.
Ever since he got divorced, the show has been on a downward spiral, IMHO.
But now every other word out of his mouth is "me".
Who gives a crap, you whiney bitch?
The whole world doesn't revolve around you, Howie...
Thanks
CA Stu <- whom the world revolves around

Ducatista
05-06-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by dimarcobros
I listen to Kevin and Bean. :D :D :p
DMB
Ditto........Sterns is in bad taste

eliminatedsprinter
05-06-2004, 11:49 AM
I never could get into his show. I just find it super boring and played out.:sleeping: :sleeping:

Phat Matt
05-06-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by carbonmarine
THJOSE ARE HIS WORDS AND POINT OF VIEW !!!
** Have ANY of you requested the rules? **Have you seen the rules....????
Well, they are clearly defined and have been for a very long time. There are working groups, lobists, white papers, legislation and admendments of change , etc.... ALL VERY METHODICAL and VERY EXPLICED & VERY CLEAR... There is no ambigiousness about it.
I have to chime in here because I work in radio. The rules ARE vague. They are subject to ones interpretation. Here they are in a nutshell.
...any depiction or description of "sexual or excretory activities or organs" in a manner that it deems "patently offensive as measured by contemporary community standards for the broadcast medium."
Can you explain to me how that is black and white with no gray area? What may be "patently offensive" to you may not be to others so if it is based upon "community standards" when does the community get a say so? Or is the "community" the opinion of who our elected officials chose to run the FCC?

OutCole'd
05-06-2004, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the post Matt. That does shed some more light on this subject.

Phat Matt
05-06-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by OutCole'd
Thanks for the post Matt. That does shed some more light on this subject.
No problem. How long have you lived in Vegas? I used to work in radio there too. Back in the day it was 103.5 the Edge, then flipped to KISS FM, which is now spanish and why I left Vegas.

THOR
05-06-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Phat Matt
No problem. How long have you lived in Vegas? I used to work in radio there too. Back in the day it was 103.5 the Edge, then flipped to KISS FM, which is now spanish and why I left Vegas.
I remember the edge 103.5 when I lived there. I remember the xmas rock too. That was cool.

OutCole'd
05-06-2004, 02:11 PM
When I first moved to Vegas, a little over 6 years ago, that station rocked. Similar to KROQ back home. That was all I listened to, then it went spanish.
Radio suckes here in Vegas. I was not a big fan of Howard when I lived in So Cal because there was a lot to choose from ( Kevin & Bean). Now he is all we have.

Phat Matt
05-06-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by THOR
I remember the edge 103.5 when I lived there. I remember the xmas rock too. That was cool.
The Jingle Bell Rock was a huge promotion for us.
When I first moved to Vegas, a little over 6 years ago, that station rocked. Similar to KROQ back home. That was all I listened to, then it went spanish.
The station was a great station for sure. It left a big void in Vegas radio but when you are privately owned the big boys money speaks volumes! I miss Vegas so I still go up there at least once a month.

HighRoller
05-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Anyone who listens to him can tell a lot about him within 10 minutes. First, despite his celbrity and status, he's still incredibly insecure about himself. He obviously thought that hanging with hot chicks and famous people would make him a real man finally. But deep down he knows they only like him because he's famous, not for who he his. That's why he's a bitter, angry little putz over all of this. His show has no substance, in my opinion. After all, how many times can you ask a chick if she's done anal, been with a chick or ask to show her boobs before people start yawning? The man refuses to honestly debate the issue of free speech, using the bully pulpit instead to try and insult those who oppose his views. The rules have always been out there, designed to keep broadcasting a medium that has a bit of decency and decorum. Yes, the enforcement has been tougher these days but tough s%&t! Why doesn't he rise to the challenge and entertain us without being obscene, filthy or derogatory? Answer? HE CAN"T!!!!! He's a one trick pony with no talent and his schtick is getting old. I've never heard him give a "good" interview to anyone.

OutCole'd
05-06-2004, 02:25 PM
High Roller, sounds like for some one you do not like, you sure listen a lot.
Originally posted by HighRoller
Anyone who listens to him can tell a lot about him within 10 minutes. First, despite his celbrity and status, he's still incredibly insecure about himself. He obviously thought that hanging with hot chicks and famous people would make him a real man finally. But deep down he knows they only like him because he's famous, not for who he his. That's why he's a bitter, angry little putz over all of this. His show has no substance, in my opinion. After all, how many times can you ask a chick if she's done anal, been with a chick or ask to show her boobs before people start yawning? The man refuses to honestly debate the issue of free speech, using the bully pulpit instead to try and insult those who oppose his views. The rules have always been out there, designed to keep broadcasting a medium that has a bit of decency and decorum. Yes, the enforcement has been tougher these days but tough s%&t! Why doesn't he rise to the challenge and entertain us without being obscene, filthy or derogatory? Answer? HE CAN"T!!!!! He's a one trick pony with no talent and his schtick is getting old. I've never heard him give a "good" interview to anyone.

1stepcloser
05-06-2004, 02:33 PM
I have to chime in here because I work in radio. The rules ARE vague. They are subject to ones interpretation. Here they are in a nutshell.
...any depiction or description of "sexual or excretory activities or organs" in a manner that it deems "patently offensive as measured by contemporary community standards for the broadcast medium."
Seems pretty clear to me.
Can you explain to me how that is black and white with no gray area? What may be "patently offensive" to you may not be to others so if it is based upon "community standards" when does the community get a say so? Or is the "community" the opinion of who our elected officials chose to run the FCC?
I'd say this is the correct answer, with emphasis on elected officials.
The phrase "contemporary community standards" should be clear and easy to interpret to most people.
If you are the in the minority of broadcasters using certain words and/or phrases that are socially unacceptable, that then, to me anyway, would not fall under the "contemporary community standards".
In other words, if your the only (english speaking) show on the dial using these potentially offensive words and/or phrases then, my friend, you aint following "contemporary community standards".
It ironic to me how much Howard complains about the direction our society is heading....

Phat Matt
05-06-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by OutCole'd
High Roller, sounds like for some one you do not like, you sure listen a lot.
And that's a good point. Love him or hate him, as long as you are listening you are still hearing commercials and people like me are still making money!

Phat Matt
05-06-2004, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1stepcloser
[B]Seems pretty clear to me.
Cool. Could you make me a list of all the phases and words that break the FCC rules and don't? Just so I'm clear. It shouldn't take to long because it is so clear.
And why is it spanish radio broadcast in the states can get away with saying "**** your mom" in spanish on air?

HighRoller
05-06-2004, 02:41 PM
Actually, I didn't want to be a hypocrit. At first, I tuned in because of all the excitement about his show. After an hour I was unimpressed and figured it was just a slow day for Howard. A few weeks later I tuned in again and found him doing the same schtick. I didn't laugh, wasn't entertained, and was actually bored. I began to wonder why everyone loves this guy. I have probably listened to him a grand total of four hours in my whole life, just so I could speak about his program without people accusing me of never listening. Trust me, four hours is more than enough to get a picture of who this guy is. Oh, I've also watched a few of the televised shows on E! and found the same thing to be true.

eliminatedsprinter
05-06-2004, 02:43 PM
I see him on E network when I channel serf at night sometimes. It's always the same played out stuff. I'll watch about a min or 2 and then be gone. I would never wait through a commercial to see his show come back. To be blunt, I don't care if he's nasty. It's just that he seems dim witted and dull to me..

OutCole'd
05-06-2004, 02:49 PM
[B]Seems pretty clear to me.
And why is it spanish radio broadcast in the states can get away with saying "**** your mom" in spanish on air?
I guess Bush is only trying to save the non spanish speaking people??

1stepcloser
05-06-2004, 03:11 PM
Seems pretty clear to me.
Cool. Could you make me a list of all the phases and words that break the FCC rules and don't? Just so I'm clear. It shouldn't take to long because it is so clear.
Matt, I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you, as you are in this business and I am not.
The "rules in a nutshell" as you posted them seemed pretty easy to understand to me.
You answered your own question, "in my opinion" when you stated:
"if it is based upon "community standards" when does the community get a say so? Or is the "community" the opinion of who our elected officials chose to run the FCC?"
As I said, Yes, I would believe "the community" is represented by those "elected officials". Again, keyword is "Elected."
Again, as I posted, If Howies type of "shock Jock" schtick was on every radio station during the morning drive, I would say it was a "contemporary community standard", BUT, as we know there is only one Howard, and sadly, his show does not conform to what is demonstrated as "standard"
Thats a very good question.
Maybe thats the "contemporary spanish community standard"?
Or maybe the FCC schleps dont understand spanish.
Anyway.....I'm done here, and if we meet at Havasu, I'll be happy to have this debate with you then, over a couple of beers.

Ultra5150
05-06-2004, 03:25 PM
I listen to Stern, but not so much now that it is all about how everybody is out to get him and how bad the Republicans are. Kevin, Bean and Super Steve have my ears in the morning now.
I like Howard and think he is funny. Do I think he is getting picked on after the Janet Jackson fiasco and speaking out against Bush? Yes.
Do I think that he is self-serving and hiding behind the first amendment and free speech? Yes
Do I care if his type of entertainment is on the radio any more? As the father of a 6 year old, no. If it still is, I can always change the dial.
Will I change the way I vote because of what Howard Stern says, HELL NO! I would like to go back to the old days when parents, cops, firefighters and teachers were respected and no one would ever consider burning an American flag. When people worked an honest day for an honest day’s wage and were not looking for handouts.
Oh and by the way – Phil Hendry is a radio God!

Flying Tiger
05-06-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by welk2party
I think he has been milking it since his last contract. I think he wanted to retire last contract time, threw out a big number to stay and they said yes.
Stern makes $20 million a year.
His threat to go to satalite is pure BS.
Satelite Radio needs 6 million customers to break even. They each have:*
2.1 million XM
1.2 million Sirrus.
*(Forbes magazine)
They're a long way off from being able to hand that fleshy headed mutant 20 mill. or anything near that.

RiverPirate
05-06-2004, 06:18 PM
Never cared for Stern's show. While in the 909 it's the Morning Stiffy and outside I like Mark & Brian. What ever floats your boat.:D

Mandelon
05-06-2004, 06:23 PM
Played out and whiny yes.
But it is the only radio show that ever gave me an erection.
Ya gotta love it when he has Jenna Jameson and Jill Kelly and Janine, etc.........

CA Stu
05-06-2004, 06:28 PM
You gotta admit, he has had some funny moments though. I can think of a few good ones, including one that made me laugh so hard I sat up while greasing the driveline on my old Bronco and gave myself a huge knot on mny forehead.
But now the party's over, it's the same old "I hate Bush" and "I am a martyr" crap every show and it's adios Howard.
Arnie's funny, though, huh?
Cheers
CA Stu
PS Flying Tiger, I just scored XM and I really like it. I think it'll be a viable, profitable enterprise in a few years.
I mean shit, look at the similarities to ONTV in 1980 or so. (Holy Buckets, I am so damn old).
Cable makes a bit of money, these days, don't you think?

C-2
05-06-2004, 08:03 PM
Ten years ago he was great. Now it's the same old crap...over and over again, then over and over again.
Much funnier when Jackie the Jokeman was there, and the whole crew would rip on each other for hours - now that was funny.
Unless I know Godfried is gonna be on there, I don't listen anymore.

Phat Matt
05-06-2004, 08:05 PM
Anyway.....I'm done here, and if we meet at Havasu, I'll be happy to have this debate with you then, over a couple of beers. [/QUOTE]
We can meet for beers in Havasu anytime. But we can't talk about radio. I go there to get away from work!!! I'll be there the weekend of the 15th and Memorial so if your going to be there, let me know.

Phat Matt
05-06-2004, 08:15 PM
My whole point to this thread is that things have definitely changed since Janet Jackson showed her National Geographic boob! The public wouldn't see it so much, but the interoffice memos about what you can and can not say have been circulated. It starts to take the artistic ability away from broadcast media believe it or not. But if the FCC is going to start fining more poeple you have to keep it fair across the board. That is why I say the regulations are to vague. Most of the jocks or program directors across this country don't know they have crossed the line until it's gone to far because the line is not definitive enough.
Here is and example of one person getting fined and another getting away with it. If you listen to Howard it's the Oprah segment he talks about. If you can tell me why he should be fined and Oprah not, then I'll stop. But it doesn't seem fair to me. Mind you this in AM radio VS mid day TV.
The Oprah Winfrey Show Transcript
Thursday, March 18, 2004
Clip One
Oprah: Lets talk about that secret language Michelle.
Michelle: Yes
Oprah: I didn't know any of this
Michelle: I have yea, I have gotten a whole new vocabulary let me tell ya
Oprah: I did not know any of this
Michelle: Salad tossing, cucumbers, lettuce tomatoes ok
Oprah: ok so so what is a salad toss?
Michelle: ok a tossed salad is, get ready hold on to your underwear for this one, oral anal sex, So oral sex with the anus is what that would be.
Clip Two
Michelle: a rainbow party is an oral sex party it's a gathering where oral sex is performed and
rainbow comes from all of the girls put on lipstick and each one puts her mouth around
the penis of the gentleman or gentlemen who are there to receive favors and makes
a mark um in a different place on the penis hence the term rainbow
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Howard Stern Show Transcript Thursday, July 26, 2001
HS: Howard Stern
RQ: Robin Quivers
MV: Male Cast Member
HS: I said to Mark Wahlberg yesterday, had he ever gotten a blumpkin from a girl and everyone around here is acting like they don't know what it is.
RQ: You're the only nutcase who does.
MV: I said "blumpkin" on the "Norm Show" and the network censor, we told him we just made the word up. He goes, "that's definitely not a real word right?" We go, no,no,no. And I said it, I yelled out at a hooker in a cab.
HS: What do you say to her, "how about a blumpkin?"
MV: I go "honey, how much for a blumpkin?"
HS: Right.
MV: And uh the network censor never heard of it. And he goes if you just made it up it's fine but if it's a real thing we can't have it. So it's aired, it's been on ABC, it's like the dirtiest thing ever on television.
HS: Yeah, but nobody knows what it is. A blumpkin… I can explain it cleanly.
RQ: There's nothing clean about a blumpkin.
HS: Well, a blumpkin is receiving oral sex while you're sitting on a toilet bowl if you are a man. You're sitting on a toilet bowl and uh, while you're evacuating you receive your oral.
RQ: Ick.
HS: And uh, then, what did I say yesterday too you didn't understand? Balloon knot?
RQ: Yes, I don't know what that is. Somebody said to me "is that the funniest thing ever?" and I was like "what is that?"
HS: A balloon knot…
RQ: I didn't want to show my ignorance, I laughed too.
HS: A balloon knot… I'm gonna post these on a web site…
RQ: Yeah, we need a dictionary for this show.
HS: A balloon knot is when you bend over and I can see up right up your old…
RQ: Up the wazoo?
HS: Up the wazoo and uh, you know that's a balloon knot that you see. That's called a "balloon knot."
RQ: Really, I did not know that.
HS: Think about it, it looks like a balloon knot.
RQ: I don't know. Oh… you know what…
HS: Tie up a balloon.
RQ: I'm just thinking of a balloon knot…
MV: It all makes sense, Robin, come on. HS: And uh, what else did I say? "Nasty Sanchez," you didn't know what that was.
RQ: Oh, I don't even want to know half the time what these things are…
HS: That I'd have to post on the internet.
RQ: 'Cause there've been a number of terms used lately. Would you do… 'cause KC's always blurtin' them out.
HS: "Strawberry shortcake"
RQ: "Strawberry shortcake" I've never heard of. "Dirty Sanchez"
HS: "Nasty Sanchez."
RQ: What is the others KC?
MV: I heard a new one the other day. It was the "David Copperfield."
HS: That's right.
MV: Okay, do you want to explain it, since I... When you're goin' like a dog…
MV: …and you're about to finish and instead you don't finish, you spit on her and then you turn around and when she turns her face around then you go… So it's kind of like an illusion…
MV: to David Copperfield.
RQ: Sleight of hand.
HS: Misdirection.
MV: Classic misdirection.
HS: You trick her. There's a million of them, but uh, I'll post them on the web.
RQ: Yes, because people need to know. These aren't in the regular dictionary.

Rev. Ronnie
05-06-2004, 09:43 PM
I used to listen to the moron.
I got a little sick of him constantly saying; "Oh yeah baby, I'd do ya' " to every female guest.(even when he was married)
He lives his life vicariously through guys with big dicks. He is obvously gay..not that that is a problem, he should just admit it.
If he was me for a week, he would have a heart attack..hell, I almost do!!

MagicMtnDan
05-06-2004, 10:27 PM
I've listened to Stern for years and I'm done with his show. He used to be creative and clever but now it's a tired re-run of the SOS.
He's a ***** for money attention who acts like a sexually immature adolescent and defends his bathroom "humor" by crying about being unfairly persecuted and losing his right to free speech.
Yelling "fire!" in a crowded theater is illegal and so is his show's one-trick pony theme (boob jobs, anal sex and chicks coming in to strip). If he has talent he needs to show it. If not he can continue to demonstrate his lack of class and hypocracy.
Backing John Kerry because the FCC is fining him/his show is a pathetic attempt to lash out and be a victim instead of taking responsibility for his own actions.

Jordy
05-06-2004, 10:34 PM
Oh for **** sakes, it's my birthday and I'm going to agree with MMD... Stern has gotten really ****ing boring lately. I have a really hard time listening to him and his puppet show. It's like AzDon and N!ck, I mean Over18 (iq points (just barely) ) had a radio show. I get more enjoyment listening to an AM stock show anymore. He was always kind of hit and miss, even when he was married, but now he's peaked in his whine driven bitchdom... I think the time when Private Parts was being filmed was pretty much the beginning of the end.... :rolleyes:

HammerDown
05-07-2004, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
Yelling "fire!" in a crowded theater is illegal and so is his show's one-trick pony theme (boob jobs, anal sex and chicks coming in to strip). If he has talent he needs to show it.
:idea: Hmmmm thats funny, as those very topics usually get the most feedback on this Forum. Post something serious and it usually dies right off. Post something about Boob jobs...and it's off and running like it's Ass is on Fire! Seems to me Stern just gives people what they want (even if played out).
I've listened to Stern ever since he hit Philly Pa. in 1984?
True, most if not everything is about (him)...even his girl friend stated that on a recent show. (but she dosen't do anal)...lol
I still tune in.

ratso
05-07-2004, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by HammerDown
:idea: Hmmmm thats funny, as those very topics usually get the most feedback on this Forum. Post something serious and it usually dies right off. Post something about Boob jobs...and it's off and running like it's Ass is on Fire! Seems to me Stern just gives people what they want (even if played out).
I've listened to Stern ever since he hit Philly Pa. in 1984?
True, most if not everything is about (him)...even his girl friend stated that on a recent show. (but she dosen't do anal)...lol
I still tune in.
Right on Hammerdown. I don't watch Stern too much anymore, but it is real damn funny that the reasons nobody watches him anymore are the exact reasons these same people are on here. **** man...***boat is DOOMED.....:D

Dr. Eagle
05-07-2004, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by ratso
Right on Hammerdown. I don't watch Stern too much anymore, but it is real damn funny that the reasons nobody watches him anymore are the exact reasons these same people are on here. **** man...***boat is DOOMED.....:D
DOOOOMED

syke-o
05-07-2004, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by HammerDown
:idea: Hmmmm thats funny, as those very topics usually get the most feedback on this Forum. Post something serious and it usually dies right off. Post something about Boob jobs...and it's off and running like it's Ass is on Fire!
ha ha .... i agree..... maybe we should have the COMMUNITY come in and police this place too.... we need an FCC type organization to come in and not let us talk about OFFENSIVE things.... whatever.... its like some of the threads that start on here and say "Warning boobs here" or something similar, it gives people a chance to avoid it.. same thing with Howard you know what you are going to get before going in.... some people enjoy the boob threads and some people might find it offensive, same thing with the radio show.... the main thing is let ME decide what i want to see or listen to, not YOU...

GlastronGuy
05-07-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by HighRoller
... I have probably listened to him a grand total of four hours in my whole life, just so I could speak about his program without people accusing me of never listening. Trust me, four hours is more than enough to get a picture of who this guy is. Oh, I've also watched a few of the televised shows on E! and found the same thing to be true.
I agree on Howard but that same statement could apply to Rush Limbaugh.

hack job
05-07-2004, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Ultra5150
I like Howard and think he is funny. Do I think he is getting picked on after the Janet Jackson fiasco and speaking out against Bush? Yes.
Do I think that he is self-serving and hiding behind the first amendment and free speech? Yes
Do I care if his type of entertainment is on the radio any more? As the father of a 6 year old, no. If it still is, I can always change the dial.
Will I change the way I vote because of what Howard Stern says, HELL NO! I would like to go back to the old days when parents, cops, firefighters and teachers were respected and no one would ever consider burning an American flag. When people worked an honest day for an honest day’s wage and were not looking for handouts.
i listen to howard about every day. i still think he has some very orginal stuff on his show( alot of other shows rip off his stuff since he is the one who started the shock jock thing( what a joke its not like he makes you listen) i think that most people have a opion of him and listen like once or twice and that backs there opion of him. his show is very funny and as of late has been very whiney.( though it seems to be dieing down a bit);) . i dont think that since you dont like what your hearing that it should be taken off the air. if you dont like it turn the dial and for those that say kids could hear it well that is true, but maybe if they are listneing then you arent doing your job . ;) we shouldnt have to suffer cause a few people cant take care of there kids and monitor what they do. he has been on the air 20 plus years and that is a feat in its self. give the guy some slack since like what hammer said most of what you guys crave is boobs and ass , and he is simply giving it to you. i dont folow his politcal direction and most likly never will i just find it ammusing to listen to him and i would hate to loose that .:(

HammerDown
05-07-2004, 01:38 PM
Wow, my comment went over rather well....(surprisingly) ;)

ratso
05-07-2004, 01:42 PM
You get a gold star for the day...:D