PDA

View Full Version : Not Welcome In Parker!

76BARRON
05-06-2004, 08:51 AM
Can it be the glory day's in parker are over? YES! FINITO! OVER! AND DONE! If you have a flatbottom or anything that look's like a
(speed) boat you will be stopped.once,twice or more untill you finily decide to leave and go somwhere else.Even if you have muffler's! You "WILL" BE TESTED ANYWAY! Of all the thing's
the law must look out for(alot of bad stuff) SOUND seem's to be
number ONE! I belive the law is only reacting to a very vocal
few with home'$$$$$$$ in the area.(follow the money trail)
I would think a sound curfew or somthing could be considered?
but nooooo... Does the chamber of commerce consider that people will go (spend $) their time and money where they are welcome? In all reality any financial viod left by the flat,hydro(fast) boat crowd has already been filled by the P.W.C(lakelice),pontoon,bayliner and other's.Most of wich are good people! But the weekend boat, P.W.C. renter is FAR more dangerous than any noise! There are other place's on the river
that will welcome you,your boat and the noise that go's with it!
( Needles come's to mind) Don't waste your time at parker or L.H.C your not welcome! unless you have a BIG CAT ,V-HULL
with a big a$$ kickin Stereo then they will make an exception.
one finale thought , with the world's biggist ocean at our door step and four of the largest lake's (powell,mead,mojave,havasu)
who? decided the parker strip was the perfect place to take
these big,big boat's? the day's of the flat's(noise,big boat's)
is over at parker!

superdave013
05-06-2004, 08:57 AM
Welcome to 1992

Highlimit9000
05-06-2004, 10:15 AM
Head up river!!! Its better anyways...This guy was in laughlin when this occured!!! Ha Ha.. Chear up...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/199Looked4You_toon_44.jpg

76BARRON
05-06-2004, 11:05 AM
1992....yep your right! It took a weekend some were else to remind me what parker once was! and could still be if only sombody (city,county,state?)would take the time to work it out!

DUNDUN
05-06-2004, 11:09 AM
I'd really miss Parker, It's kind of a second home to me. I don't think it's worth the hassle from the law to go there though. I think I have found a new favorite spot, NEEDLES :D

NIKKI SIXX
05-06-2004, 02:18 PM
YA...THATS REAL GAY!! THESE COPS NEED TO CHILL OUT A BIT ON THE NOISE SHIT......I MEAN ****!!!

Moneypitt
05-06-2004, 04:08 PM
It won't be too much longer before there isn't enough water depth to run those wave creating barges. The people that are suppose to watch out for the river are sticking their heads in the sand when it comes to POS wakeboard boats, PWC, and those POS ocean boats eroding the river banks. How long will it take before the river is 3 ft deep and a mile wide??? Some lakes in Oregon have strickly enforced NO WAKE areas for this very reason, erosion of the shore line.........Oh yeah, I'm SURE there's a reason for the noise enforcement, its called fi$hing for OUI arre$t$. The almighty buck $trike$again...............

ACCEPTENCE
05-06-2004, 05:05 PM
That's I'm tired of this nonsense!!!
I'm goin to Parker and staging a protest.
I'm runnin the flattie and runnin it fast. They can chase and stop me but imagine there surprise when I whip out the ol "Get Outta Jail Free Card"...
Ummm, what's really goin on here???
That'll fix em.

DUNDUN
05-06-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by ACCEPTENCE
That's I'm tired of this nonsense!!!
I'm goin to Parker and staging a protest.
I'm runnin the flattie and runnin it fast. They can chase and stop me but imagine there surprise when I whip out the ol "Get Outta Jail Free Card"...
Ummm, what's really goin on here???
That'll fix em.
DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!! :D :D :D

mouzer
05-06-2004, 08:29 PM
i was at parker this past weekend,saturdays count 1 18ft jet,1 18ft flatty,few bayliners,10+80 mph sea monsters 25+ ft and 30+lake lice seadooooooooos what a waste,where did the golden days go,when there was nothing but 17 to 20ft flats and hydros and a couple of outboards,im totally pissed,stick those big boats back on the lake or go to catalina and back,put a limit on the size at least on the river,just my 2 cents that wont do any good,

BILLY.B
05-06-2004, 08:47 PM
Park Moabi is a great place to go. You can go right down the river towards the sand bar and there's no homes to bug you about noise. Needles will get ruined if this happens every weekend. I just don't get it. The noise law was probably written by a congressman who wasn't getting laid by his wife because she couldn't handle the noise of a loud boat. So to save his sex life we all suffer. BULLSHIT I SAY....:mad: Go get a hooker so we can boat DAMNITT.

ColeTR1
05-06-2004, 09:14 PM
Last year officer Burns pulled me over because he saw my zoomies. When I saw his lights I pointed to the beach about 75 yards away. I got there in about 15 seconds. As soon as I stopped Mr. Burns began yelling at me!! Telling me (YOU DON’T TELL ME WHERE YOUR GOING TO STOP!!!! YOU STOP WHERE I TELL YOU TO!!!!) So then he tells me to start up my boat and go back out to the middle of the river. At this point I’m thinking Mr. Burns has lost it! What would you think if you pulled over at the first safe place, and then the cop tells you to pull back out into the middle of the freeway and stop? Lucky me the boat would not start; thank god it was something simple the mag switch was off. After showing him that I have mufflers and water going throw my exhaust. He maid me go through everything life jackets, fire extinguisher, ECT. He just knew I was a criminal and you know what he was right!!! I didn’t have my throwable cushion. Seventy-five dollars pay the judge. (Hammer Noise) So now the parker strip is a much safer place Remember Noise Kills!!!

hboldno7
05-06-2004, 09:58 PM
They are ticketing big boats for noize too. badblown572 got one two weeks ago in his 26 ft cat. I think he said it was gunna set him back over 200 smackers.

ColeTR1
05-06-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by hboldno7
They are ticketing big boats for noize too. badblown572 got one two weeks ago in his 26 ft cat. I think he said it was gunna set him back over 200 smackers.
wow that sucks

Snowboat
05-07-2004, 07:35 PM
From the sounds of these posts, Red Rock is not going to happen?

Moneypitt
05-07-2004, 08:47 PM
Ken, Red Rock only happens if people make it happen. I feel that LE is trying to make a statement as the season starts. "Niping it in the bud", so to speak. Hopefully by late September they'll be bored with it. Granted, Red Rock may be a little different than it was, bit it'll happen. Afterall its the people, sure boats too, but the people are what makes any "social" happen.......Ray