PDA

View Full Version : "Arab World" demands apology...

HighRoller
05-06-2004, 02:35 PM
The Arab world is apparently demanding an apology from us for the incidents in the military prison,saying we "humiliated" members of the Arab world. Well, I've thought about it and decided we will apologize, but only when:
The Arab world apologizes for 9-11, where instead of being humiliated, over 3000 Americans were murdered by members of the "Arab world".
The Arab world apologizes for Saddam Hussein's behavior. He went beyond humiliation, killing 50,000 of his citizens a year and toturing many others with glee.
The Arab world apologizes for the USS Cole, Embassy bombings, and all the other terrorist acts perpetrated upon the world by their members.
Naturally, the Arabs would defend themselves by saying"these actions do not represent what the Arab world stands for".
EXACTLY!

summerlove
05-06-2004, 02:40 PM
believe it or not, I agree with you! I still find the actions of the US Service men involved in the prison an embarrassment to the United States and we should all be ashamed of their childish behavior.
I do not in any way condone them or what they did, just like I don't think the Arab world condoned the actions of a few thugs in Falluguh a few weeks ago - that was reprehensible.

1Shockwaveguy
05-06-2004, 02:41 PM
**** them. I don't agree with what was done but people need to understand these asshole were not arrested for being nice people. They were arrested for trying to kill our troops. I am sure there is a lot of anger because of it. We are at war, not a popularity contest for **** sake

NIKKI SIXX
05-06-2004, 02:43 PM
I SAY **** 'EM

carbonmarine
05-06-2004, 02:45 PM
Summer love,
You and all your lefty budiies are perpetually on the fence with all the " There aint no good guy, there aint no bad guy BS " ...
Spell it out dude ? ..... Which side are you guys on ?
At the end of the day it us or them....
I say ****'em !!!! ... I say ****'em all the way up their Tigris and also their Euphrates too as well baby !
Rick32:cool:
I need a beer already !!

little rowe boat
05-06-2004, 02:52 PM
I say take no f-in prisoners.

summerlove
05-06-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by carbonmarine
Summer love,
You and all your lefty budiies are perpetually on the fence with all the " There aint no good guy, there aint no bad guy BS " ...
Spell it out dude ? ..... Which side are you guys on ?
At the end of the day it us or them....
I say ****'em !!!! ... I say ****'em all the way up their Tigris and also their Euphrates too as well baby !
I need a beer already !!
Such an increible educated reply! F'em! Yea dude, that's great. DID YOU READ WHAT I SAID???
Just because I'm a member of a different political party than you I'm on the fence? Give me a break. What our GI's did was unacceptable! It's a black eye for the US - why was Bush on every TV this morning? Why was he on Al Jezerra? Why is Rumsey being grilled by the Senate Armed Services Committee? If this took place while a Democrat was President you'd have your panties so far up your ass you'd need a fricking protologist to dig them out for you.
YOU don't get it - just because someone else does something doesn't mean we can do the same thing - there is something called the Geneva Convention and those soldiers are taught about it - and as MP's, they are very aware of the articles and the consequences of violating the tenants of the Geneva Convention.
DO you think what those guys did - for f'ing sport, was OK? If you do, I really feel for your sorry a$$.
CM, get off your ongoing political trolling and grow up. I'm just as proud to be an American as the next guy, and to have someone question that, especially with the credentials you bring to the table, is a slap in the face.

bordsmnj
05-06-2004, 02:55 PM
i'll apologize......
.......right after they BLOW ME!:D

summerlove
05-06-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by bordsmnj
i'll apologize......
.......right after they BLOW ME!:D
I do like humor, however...;) and that is funny!

mirvin
05-06-2004, 02:59 PM
The sad part is that our ****ed up LIBERAL MEDIA has made a bigger deal out of this piss-and insignificant blip then they did when Americans were being murdered, burned, and dragged through the streets!!
WHAT THE ****???
They'll only publicise what makes Bush look bad.
**** the Arabs and **** the LIberal Media. They've lost their way.
mirvin

bordsmnj
05-06-2004, 03:04 PM
here here. i can't stand to listen to those muscle mouth fags on the news anymore. ask linda: i freak out and start screaming shit at the tv like they can hear me. the dog gets nervous and linda either laughs or tells me that they can't hear me anyway so way yell?

NorCalCat
05-06-2004, 03:05 PM
[i]
mirvin [/B]
Agree! I say we make the worlds largest parking lot. Nuke'm!
Then see what they have to say.:eek: :eek:
Ya, before you say it, I am real liberal...NOT!
I knew a couple people that went down in 9/11 so it does hit home, and I was in NY the week before!
****ERS!

carbonmarine
05-06-2004, 03:06 PM
Awe Come'on Summer...... Lighten up.
I only asked ya what side you were on.... You should have just said thiers ....
FOR TEH RECORD:
What happend in that prison was almost a year ago...!
The military did a investigation, and is in process punishing those who did it.... It had no need to go public.
The only reason those pictures got out was for political measure ... The reason those guys were humilatied was because there was a full scale riot in that prison after one of the shit head dirt bags beat up an ARMY MP..... 5 shit bags were shot in the mele, two died... Happends every day in San Quentin NOTE: A CALIFORNIA PRISON ....
Shit, These dirt bags were tied naked together and slapped around ... We used to do worse to Freshmen & Pledges when we were in high school and college..
** I just cant believe what going on in the media ... Its, " booo hooo for the Arabs & Tillman was a joke ! "
... What the **** is going on here I am outraged !

mirvin
05-06-2004, 03:08 PM
here here. i can't stand to listen to those muscle mouth fags on the news anymore. ask linda: i freak out and start screaming shit at the tv like they can hear me. the dog gets nervous and linda either laughs or tells me that they can't hear me anyway so way yell?
Exactly. It's a shame that they can even call it news. It's so frickin slanted. I'm not even really conservative either. I'm pretty moderate which is why I'm able to see all the slant- even from Fox;)
The Lib's say: "you're too stupid to understand"
The Conserv's say: "you don't need to know"
Just tell me what happened and leave your opinion at home you over paid telepropt reader cuz you're no "journalist".
mirvin

summerlove
05-06-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
The sad part is that our ****ed up LIBERAL MEDIA has made a bigger deal out of this piss-and insignificant blip then they did when Americans were being murdered, burned, and dragged through the streets!!
WHAT THE ****???
mirvin
Hey Mirv:
I don't think that what took place a few weeks ago in Fallugah was swept iunder the rug as an "insignificant blip" when it was covered by every major news organization and it was widely discussed in the UN and throughout the world. The Arab world was generally ashamed of that atrocity as they (and all of us) should have been. I most certainly do not condone it.
But ...if we condone the behavior of what our men did as acceptable because of it, then it is my opinion that we are no better than they are. Remember, we are civilized, and many other parts of the world are not.
We have to set the example for world order. We're better than they are.

summerlove
05-06-2004, 03:12 PM
Awe Come'on Summer...... Lighten up.
I only asked ya what side you were on.... You should have just said thiers ....
like I said, you don't read do you?

summerlove
05-06-2004, 03:12 PM
Just tell me what happened and leave your opinion at home you over paid telepropt reader cuz you're no "journalist".
mirvin
I agree 100%

mirvin
05-06-2004, 03:13 PM
Summerlove, what I meant was that the "Prison" incident is an insignificant blip that's been blow up by the media while what happened in Fallujah was barley covered by the media because they knew it would result in outrage which in their minds would equal support for Bush:confused:
mirvin

bordsmnj
05-06-2004, 03:14 PM
Exactly. It's a shame that they can even call it news. It's so frickin slanted. I'm not even really conservative either. I'm pretty moderate which is why I'm able to see all the slant- even from Fox;)
The Lib's say: "you're too stupid to understand"
The Conserv's say: "you don't need to know"
mirvin
yeah,that pretty much nails it. anyway yuh going to the lake this sunday?

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-06-2004, 03:17 PM
are we??? :confused:

mirvin
05-06-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Bordsmnj
are we??? :confused:
Doh!!!
I sent you a pm
mirvin;)

summerlove
05-06-2004, 03:25 PM
Wait a minute - you can't hijack this thread about a boating topic? J/K....;)
Sounds betteer than the original one anyway....

mirvin
05-06-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by summerlove
Wait a minute - you can't hijack this thread about a boating topic? J/K....;)
Sounds betteer than the original one anyway....
Did I mention that I love Campbells!!!??
Did you see the 27 footer for sale recently. Super sweet and it was one of the original ones, a "Bob" hull I think they reffered to it as?
mirvin

summerlove
05-06-2004, 03:32 PM
Did I mention that I love Campbells!!!??
Did you see the 27 footer for sale recently. Super sweet and it was one of the original ones, a "Bob" hull I think they reffered to it as?
mirvin
i'm actually considering buying a 28 (they didn't make a 27) - but they carry 250% of the weight my boat does - it's so damn heavy, but roomy!:rolleyes:

carbonmarine
05-06-2004, 03:33 PM
Summer,
.... You going to regret that when I steal your ICE BOX and drink all you beer and also force you to purchase all my drink's at The Naked Turttle over OP6C.... you better no go into hiding !!!
Rick32 :D :D :D
PS. Dont think just because you edited your post that your Ice box is safe... You still buying ! :D

Kilrtoy
05-06-2004, 03:36 PM
**** THEM

mirvin
05-06-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by summerlove
i'm actually considering buying a 28 (they didn't make a 27) - but they carry 250% of the weight my boat does - it's so damn heavy, but roomy!:rolleyes:
Yeah that's what I saw, a 28. It was beautiful. I just looked over at BoatTrader and it;s not up anymore. It was red and white and had sorta flowery trim and lot's of cloth. Can't remember the name of it.
I spent alot of time on a 24 footer called "BIg REd" when I was a kid:)
mirvin

bordsmnj
05-06-2004, 03:42 PM
geez, i've never seen anyone so against 28' campbells.:eek:
j/k i know what yuh ment:D
(i was suposed to be quoting killertoy here but it looks like i f'ed it up.)

Dribble
05-06-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
**** THEM
Don't beat around the bush Klrtoy just tell us what you really think :D

sandblasted
05-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Face it...there really are some stupid ass muther fukers in the army...and it's not just the enlisted people...Any commander that would allow their people to bring in digital cameras to a prison is just an idiot....I don't condone the torture but if you are going to do it you sure as hell don't smile for the camera and leave a trail of incriminating evidence......They all deserve to be prosecuted for being stupid!!

CEO
05-06-2004, 04:44 PM
All's Fair in love and WAR!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ntwotrance
05-06-2004, 05:06 PM
I know, the next time we catch them (right after they've tortured our service people, raped them, and killed them) we can invite them over for tea and crumpets and sing ****ing koombyeya until they change their evil ways....then we can nuke the shit out of their country and turn it into one huge lake and we can have the next CBBB there.....

aztommy
05-06-2004, 05:07 PM
I've got one **** YOU TOWEL HEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AzDon
05-06-2004, 05:09 PM
It's only an embarrasment in the context of how American POW's might now be treated now that this story is out! I thought that the reason we imprisoned these guys in Cuba was to keep anything like this from being reported. Everybody involved in any way in facilitating the release of any of this info should be tried and shot!
When it comes to war, we need to officially suspend "political correctness" and fight to win! I do not believe that the citizens of occupied Iraq should be extended our "free speach" rights and that all those in the streets that demonstrate, incite, plot, or take arms against us should be rounded up and shot!
A better plan would be to fortify the oil producing areas and equipment and sieze and occupy only those areas (not the cities) If the cities then become something that we don't like then we could resume relentless bombing including flyers in Arabic that explain that the bombings continue until all the "haters" have been dealt with.
We need to either break the spirit and will of the haters or else kill every last one of them. Perhaps the middle east needs to be thought of as a necessary "redevelopment project".... perhaps everything needs to be scraped and rebuilt from scratch! It might also be necessary to declare Islam a "rogue" religion that preaches hate toward "infidels"
The thing that most disturbs me about any war against Islamic extremists is that we can't safely occupy and win without putting aside our "political correctness" and I don't think we are willing to do that!

summerlove
05-06-2004, 07:08 PM
Summer,
.... You going to regret that when I steal your ICE BOX and drink all you beer and also force you to purchase all my drink's at The Naked Turttle over OP6C.... you better no go into hiding !!!
Rick32 :D :D :D
PS. Dont think just because you edited your post that your Ice box is safe... You still buying ! :D
I edited it because I stooped to a low that I usually don't enter, and I apologize. But you bring out the worst in me...Yea, I'll buy that beer or two for ya, and we can have a real debate about which one is better...
coors original or coors light!:D

carbonmarine
05-06-2004, 07:25 PM
Coors light !!!!
:D :D :D

mirvin
05-06-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by AzDon
It's only an embarrasment in the context of how American POW's might now be treated now that this story is out! I thought that the reason we imprisoned these guys in Cuba was to keep anything like this from being reported. Everybody involved in any way in facilitating the release of any of this info should be tried and shot!
When it comes to war, we need to officially suspend "political correctness" and fight to win! I do not believe that the citizens of occupied Iraq should be extended our "free speach" rights and that all those in the streets that demonstrate, incite, plot, or take arms against us should be rounded up and shot!
A better plan would be to fortify the oil producing areas and equipment and sieze and occupy only those areas (not the cities) If the cities then become something that we don't like then we could resume relentless bombing including flyers in Arabic that explain that the bombings continue until all the "haters" have been dealt with.
We need to either break the spirit and will of the haters or else kill every last one of them. Perhaps the middle east needs to be thought of as a necessary "redevelopment project".... perhaps everything needs to be scraped and rebuilt from scratch! It might also be necessary to declare Islam a "rogue" religion that preaches hate toward "infidels"
The thing that most disturbs me about any war against Islamic extremists is that we can't safely occupy and win without putting aside our "political correctness" and I don't think we are willing to do that!
Dang AZDon...I gonna have to agree with you 100% here;)
mirvin

Dr. Eagle
05-06-2004, 08:29 PM
Dang AZDon...I gonna have to agree with you 100% here;)
mirvin
God Damn it.... Now I am scared to death... I have to agree too. No way to justify what happened there.

Kilrtoy
05-06-2004, 09:36 PM
AZDON,
HELL YEAH, BLOW THAT PLACE TO ****IN ALJAH
I'm sick of seeing AMERICANS killed due to P.C.. KIll all the bastards

gnarley
05-06-2004, 09:58 PM
I have to say fu*k them Islamic A-holes! The ones that want to fight deserve even worse than the ones that were caught on film, the only problem was the film.
Don't they have a saying over there like an Eye for an Eye? Well if they do we haven't even begun to repay the debit.
When they come out (Leaders and Clerics alike) and apologize for all the deaths their people have caused maybe then we could try to be civilized. Until then we should do what ever it takes to get done and get the hell out of there and don't take any more F'n pictures for them to see.

Blown 472
05-06-2004, 11:04 PM
And the call for chirstan fundalism shall run free, when the religous zelots get us into a holy war for the belief they are going to heaven, then what?

vdrivenman
05-07-2004, 05:06 AM
it is sad to say, but as a PRISONER or CONVICT you should have NO RIGHTS.
you gave up those rights when of your own free will you committed a crime.
if you've ever been in a correctional institute you would quickly understand that inmate, prisoners,convicts only understand one thing and if you don't use force, you cannot maintain control !
in the military as well as law enforcement there should be a code of silence. it is a totally different world and i don't think the majority of the public cares or wants to know what goes on as long as they are safe & protected !

Dr. Eagle
05-07-2004, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by vdrivenman
it is sad to say, but as a PRISONER or CONVICT you should have NO RIGHTS.
you gave up those rights when of your own free will you committed a crime.
if you've ever been in a correctional institute you would quickly understand that inmate, prisoners,convicts only understand one thing and if you don't use force, you cannot maintain control !
in the military as well as law enforcement there should be a code of silence. it is a totally different world and i don't think the majority of the public cares or wants to know what goes on as long as they are safe & protected !
We know nothing of the circumstances of the prisoners incarceration, they may be scumbags for all we know. But there are basics in a civilized society. Everyone has the right to some human dignity, and that is what was attacked by the prison guards. Think if those were Americans in a foriegn jail. Kinda makes you go hmmmmmmm, doesn't it?

summerlove
05-07-2004, 08:39 AM
Coors light !!!!
:D :D :D
There you go again:mad:
Anyone with half a mind knows it's Coors Original! Dumbshit!:D
I think I need one now...
http://www.coors.com/c1images/brew/beer_finals/OC.gif

gnarley
05-07-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
We know nothing of the circumstances of the prisoners incarceration, they may be scumbags for all we know. But there are basics in a civilized society. Everyone has the right to some human dignity, and that is what was attacked by the prison guards. Think if those were Americans in a foriegn jail. Kinda makes you go hmmmmmmm, doesn't it?
We don't need to go hmmmmmmm, we already know how they can treat our troops when captured and they seem to think nothing of it, yet if we do what just surfaced that is worse than murder or torture and then hanging the dead body for all to see?
These detainee's that were caught aren’t the nicest people or they wouldn't be there in the first place and as such deserve to be treated as POW's by our troops and treated as necessary to keep them under control but that doesn't mean you take pictures and than send them home for mom & dad to see, that's just F'n stupid!
So how good is our military if the chain of command didn't get the word to these guards of what to do and not to do and then not telling the chain of command all the way up to the President once they found out? This fiasco caught a lot of people with their pants down and many will loose careers and be court marshaled because of it. Due to the ineptness of a few people the armed forces look bad as does the country to the rest of the world.
I support our troops and think they need to do what ever is necessary to get the job done and I still want them home ASAP but they need to stop taking pictures for the media to get a hold of and create negative feelings about our troops and occupation.
Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

gigamurph
05-07-2004, 08:59 AM
i'll apologize......
.......right after they BLOW ME!:D So Linda still won't let ya get that supercharger huh?:p

WaterBox
05-07-2004, 09:01 AM
We need to dust off Enolla Gay and send them an apology!:D :D

Dr. Eagle
05-07-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by gnarley
I support our troops and think they need to do what ever is necessary to get the job done and I still want them home ASAP but they need to stop taking pictures for the media to get a hold of and create negative feelings about our troops and occupation.
Sometimes ignorance is bliss.
Gnarlly I fully support our toops and our leadership, ESPECIALLY Don Rumsfeld.
I think it was just exaclty as you state... a group of military personnel that thought it was OK to do what they did. I don't think anyone needs be "persicuted/prosecuted" than those directly involved. That would include the immediate commanders of these troops (those that would have or should have visibility to what was going on directly), not necessarily the commanding general, unless he was complicit.
I also agree that the bad guys (Iraqis') were in the prison for a reason.
My point is that there is a certain way that Americans expect to be treated. I think we as Americans would be shocked to see pictures like the press got their hands on if they were Americans getting that kind of treatment. So, I think we treat these Iraqi prisoners like the criminals they are, firmly, harshly, but not stripped naked piled on top of each other and hooked up to the electrical grid. Again, that was an isolated incindent so far as we know now.
The Military brass just needs to institute processes inside of the Military Police command structure to make sure this doesn't happen again. And for god sakes, don't let the people go to work with cameras...
The calls for Rumsfelds' head piss me off. John Kerry's claim that he wouldn't be unaware of this issue if this was his watch, is BS. All the Arab Nations outrage is understandable, but I think George W. Bushs' appology should be plenty.

Ducatista
05-07-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by WaterBox
We need to dust off Enolla Gay and send them an apology!:D :D
That is funny....I like it!

Blown 472
05-07-2004, 09:44 AM
Gnarlly I fully support our toops and our leadership, ESPECIALLY Don Rumsfeld.
I think it was just exaclty as you state... a group of military personnel that thought it was OK to do what they did. I don't think anyone needs be "persicuted/prosecuted" than those directly involved. That would include the immediate commanders of these troops (those that would have or should have visibility to what was going on directly), not necessarily the commanding general, unless he was complicit.
I also agree that the bad guys (Iraqis') were in the prison for a reason.
My point is that there is a certain way that Americans expect to be treated. I think we as Americans would be shocked to see pictures like the press got their hands on if they were Americans getting that kind of treatment. So, I think we treat these Iraqi prisoners like the criminals they are, firmly, harshly, but not stripped naked piled on top of each other and hooked up to the electrical grid. Again, that was an isolated incindent so far as we know now.
The Military brass just needs to institute processes inside of the Military Police command structure to make sure this doesn't happen again. And for god sakes, don't let the people go to work with cameras...
The calls for Rumsfelds' head piss me off. John Kerry's claim that he wouldn't be unaware of this issue if this was his watch, is BS. All the Arab Nations outrage is understandable, but I think George W. Bushs' appology should be plenty.
Then explain why rumsfeld has had the report about this stuff since jan and did nothing about it till it hit the press?

Dr. Eagle
05-07-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Blown 472
Then explain why rumsfeld has had the report about this stuff since jan and did nothing about it till it hit the press?
Did nothing?
I think there are a number of Army personnel sitting in the Stockade awaiting Court Marshall that would disagree with your take.:confused:

Drunk tank
05-07-2004, 10:12 AM
Those god damn dune coons can suck my fat spanish cock and **** a camel! Bitch ass mother ****ers! :mad:

Dr. Eagle
05-07-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Drunk tank
Those god damn dune coons can suck my fat spanish cock and **** a camel! Bitch ass mother ****ers! :mad:
How do you really feel??????;)

Blown 472
05-07-2004, 10:15 AM
Did nothing?
I think there are a number of Army personnel sitting in the Stockade awaiting Court Marshall that would disagree with your take.:confused:
And had it not come out in the press what do you think would have been done?

Dr. Eagle
05-07-2004, 10:16 AM
And had it not come out in the press what do you think would have been done?
It was done long before the press got ahold of it....
Just because you just heard about it means NOTHING......

Dr. Eagle
05-07-2004, 07:54 PM
It was done long before the press got ahold of it....
Just because you just heard about it means NOTHING......
Wellll?

Blown 472
05-07-2004, 08:00 PM
Wellll?
It means nothing because the press got it? dont understand??
What about the red cross saying last year that this was going on and the gubment did nothing about it?

shueman
05-07-2004, 08:05 PM
This "prison stuff" is getting blown way out of proportion.
I seen, and experienced, much worse at a Fraternity hazing...!!

Dr. Eagle
05-07-2004, 08:05 PM
It means nothing because the press got it? dont understand??
What about the red cross saying last year that this was going on and the gubment did nothing about it?
It was being dealt with before the press got ahold of the pictures. They were briefed on the investigation, but the pictures gave them some beef to hang out.
Sounds to me like the gubamint investigated and found it right after the first of the year. Sounds like they were doing their jobs pretty well to me.