PDA

View Full Version : The NW largest fresh water event

P P R
05-07-2004, 09:23 AM
Its only two months away. The Portland poker run will be held on sat July 17,2004. This year will be bigger and better then ever. More boats,more trophies,and more cash. At the end of 80+ miles you will be treated to lunch at the Iland. The awards and dinner party will be held that eveing at the hosting hotel. For more info call (503) 793-2164 or E-mail portlandpokerrun@earthlink.net.

Rock-it man
05-07-2004, 11:35 AM
I recomend this Poker Run its the most fun of all I have been too , it starts downtown Portland you run under the bridges up the Columbia River and back down the river to St Helens . Dont miss it ROCKIT MAN

SoCalOffshore
05-08-2004, 08:17 AM
Tell me more. I think I want to go. Do they have a website?

P P R
05-08-2004, 10:45 AM
We would love to see your schiada up here. For more info call (503)793-2164 Tim or Ruby. We can provide with hotel info and entry forms.

P P R
05-10-2004, 07:38 AM
Rock-it man, Thanks for the good word. You know you have a big target on your back this year. There will be a lot of people after that trophy .

SoCalOffshore
05-10-2004, 07:56 PM
Is this all on the river or? Is therer a marina to keep the boat at over the weekend? Thanks for the info. Sounds like it could be fun, except the drive. How long is the drive to Portland from LA?

HP350SC
05-10-2004, 08:18 PM
1000 miles, yikes! :eek:

SoCalOffshore
05-10-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by HP350SC
1000 miles, yikes! :eek:
Anyone have a boat to rent in Portland? :D But, I know the DMAX can do it without a hitch. No pun intended.

P P R
05-11-2004, 09:12 AM
Most people keep their boats at the hosting hotel. where we have security,and the boat launch is only a mile away. We have been trying to get Lee from Schiada up here for years. I think he has been busy with boats and new babbies. Let me know If you would like us to fax or mail you more info and a entry form.

cruser
05-11-2004, 11:59 AM
I live in the Portland area and just picked up an Eliminator in Mira Loma. Took us 17 hours and 3 tanks of gas($150) to get home. 1008 miles each way plus the running around in the LA area = 2057 miles. Left here on Thursday, took all day Friday and a bit of Saturday to get everything done, drove into the driveway at 1:30 AM on Sunday. I was fighting a cold/allergeies but I think I have nearly recovered now.
cruzer
ps. I can't do the poker run, will either be drag boat racing or working on the new boat that weekend.

Rock-it man
05-11-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by cruser
I live in the Portland area and just picked up an Eliminator in Mira Loma. Took us 17 hours and 3 tanks of gas($150) to get home. 1008 miles each way plus the running around in the LA area = 2057 miles. Left here on Thursday, took all day Friday and a bit of Saturday to get everything done, drove into the driveway at 1:30 AM on Sunday. I was fighting a cold/allergeies but I think I have nearly recovered now.
cruzer
ps. I can't do the poker run, will either be drag boat racing or working on the new boat that weekend.
What did you get ,did you stop in Roseburg ? cause a friend of mine told me last night he saw an Eliminator that just pulled off I-5. Congrats on the Boat .I have a Datona 26 and we have an Machine shop down here also if you need anything just ask !!! come on down to the Portland Pokerrun Sat am at the launch and say HI !!!

SoCalOffshore
05-11-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by P P R
Most people keep their boats at the hosting hotel. where we have security,and the boat launch is only a mile away. We have been trying to get Lee from Schiada up here for years. I think he has been busy with boats and new babbies. Let me know If you would like us to fax or mail you more info and a entry form.
Yeah, Lee told me today he and his wife just had a baby girl and the wife and baby are home. Please fax me an entry form to 805-497-3383. I would like to make it if I can. I have some family in Portland, Roseburg and somewhere else in Oregon. :D

cruser
05-11-2004, 09:12 PM
rock-it-man
I stopped for a burger at a Wendy's on Saturday night. Not sure if ?I was in roseburg or Grants Pass.
I picked up a new 21 daytona. The interior/tanks/jet and rail kit are in. I get to do the rest. Here is a picture before the interior was installed.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/347young21daytonaside.jpg
I've followed your journey for the last few months. Hope you got the drive problem fixed and the guy that jacked your truck is serving time.
Can't make it to the Poker run. too much stuff to do to get the boat in the water and I'll be running a drag boat that weekend.
cruzer

P P R
05-12-2004, 07:58 AM
Cruser, great looking boat. Just (fyi) we also put on a run at lake Billy chinook .( SEPT 11 2004 )

cruser
05-12-2004, 01:41 PM
That weekend I'll be just down the road at Haystack Res for another race weekend. After the Poker Run, come on down and watch us run!
cruzer

Rock-it man
05-12-2004, 03:23 PM
rock-it-man
I stopped for a burger at a Wendy's on Saturday night. Not sure if ?I was in roseburg or Grants Pass.
I picked up a new 21 daytona. The interior/tanks/jet and rail kit are in. I get to do the rest. Here is a picture before the interior was installed.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/347young21daytonaside.jpg
I've followed your journey for the last few months. Hope you got the drive problem fixed and the guy that jacked your truck is serving time.
Can't make it to the Poker run. too much stuff to do to get the boat in the water and I'll be running a drag boat that weekend.
JETS SUCK !!!!!!!!!!
cruzer

Three Days Only
05-13-2004, 01:11 PM
Rockit-Man
Whats the delio with this run? Scenic? Clear Water? FreshWater, Salt?
Im thinking about coming up, and want some more info!!!
Jeff / 3DO

Rock-it man
05-13-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Three Days Only
Rockit-Man
Whats the delio with this run? Scenic? Clear Water? FreshWater, Salt?
Im thinking about coming up, and want some more info!!!
Jeff / 3DO
Its all fresh water,very scenic and lots of room to run. Starts downtown Portland ( City of Roses) on the Willimate River, huge ramp and parking lot,you run under about 6 bridges as you pass through downtown Portland its maybe 15 miles to where Williamiteriver runs into the Columbia River ( It Huge) then run up river to above the hwy 205 bridge then turn around and its a straight shot all the way to St Helens we all stop at a place called Sand Island across from St helens total trip is about 80 miles and I consider it the Best of the Best ,first class origanized and the awards dinner is always first class ,heres a pic of my old Nordic running through downtown Portland ,the water is great but the Columbia can get bad ,but I have not seen it bad at any of the last poker runs.Im located in Grants Pass Ore (Southern Oregon )
Its an all day drive to here,if you can make it to here you can stay with us and caravan up on Fri ,Just two of use in this little old shack so lots of room !!!
Tim e-mail some pics of the last run to ThreeDays Only OK !!!! Of course i'm not in any of the pics as I had an extended pit stop !!!!hehehe !!!!Don't tell anyone Tim ,they has all forgot by now !!!

Rock-it man
05-13-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Rock-it man
Its all fresh water,very scenic and lots of room to run. Starts downtown Portland ( City of Roses) on the Willimate River, huge ramp and parking lot,you run under about 6 bridges as you pass through downtown Portland its maybe 15 miles to where Williamiteriver runs into the Columbia River ( It Huge) then run up river to above the hwy 205 bridge then turn around and its a straight shot all the way to St Helens we all stop at a place called Sand Island across from St helens total trip is about 80 miles and I consider it the Best of the Best ,first class origanized and the awards dinner is always first class ,heres a pic of my old Nordic running through downtown Portland ,the water is great but the Columbia can get bad ,but I have not seen it bad at any of the last poker runs.Im located in Grants Pass Ore (Southern Oregon )
Its an all day drive to here,if you can make it to here you can stay with us and caravan up on Fri ,Just two of use in this little old shack so lots of room !!!
Tim e-mail some pics of the last run to ThreeDays Only OK !!!! Of course i'm not in any of the pics as I had an extended pit stop !!!!hehehe !!!!Don't tell anyone Tim ,they has all forgot by now !!! Forgot the pic !!

Rock-it man
05-13-2004, 06:47 PM
And seeing how i'm, handicaped this year you may have a chance at this !!!!!!!! unless everyone else breaks !!!! hehehe !!!

P P R
05-14-2004, 09:23 AM
Rooms are available at the hosting hotel. Its the Courtyard by Marriott # (503)735-1818.

Three Days Only
05-14-2004, 09:29 AM
Tim / PPR
I spoke with you on the phone yesterday, thanks for all the info. Talked to the wife, and all looks good. Im still looking for that fax, as it never came through. I also spoke to my buddy, he goes by Bling Bling on the thread, and he is very intrested in making the trip up also. It is 99% that we are coming. As soon as I get the info from you, I will book the hotel and send in my registration. Im not looking forward to the dirve, but cant wait to boat on the Coloumbia.
Thanks
Jeff
Fax# 818-765-4916

jackpunx
05-14-2004, 09:33 AM
Jeff,
who's going with you on this one?..
also.. check the sandbar.. "picture of your boat" thread:D

Three Days Only
05-14-2004, 09:37 AM
Spoke to the hotel to book my room and had to leave a message for the director of sales. I was told that the hotel is completely sold out for the evenings of July 16th & 17th. That sounds impossible to me, but hopefully the director of sales is holding rooms for the poker run. Keep you updated.
Jeff

Three Days Only
05-14-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by jackpunx
Jeff,
who's going with you on this one?..
also.. check the sandbar.. "picture of your boat" thread:D
The wife and kids in my boat, and Greg, Kadie, & Madison with there Nor-Tech. I was checking out info on the Coloumbia River and Portland, Or. last night on the internet it looks really cool. Just the scenery will be differnt from the normal desert crap, or the pacific out here opn our coast.
I got you signed up for the SCOPE poker run in August. You, Rick, & I in my boat & for the Hydro Races in Spetember you got a seat.
Jeff

P P R
05-14-2004, 09:42 AM
Jeff , The wife said she faxed it yesterday. Let me know if you received it?

Three Days Only
05-14-2004, 10:23 AM
I have a feeling someone in the fax room thought it was a junk fax and threw it away. Can you resend it 818-765-4916 Attn: Jeff
If someone discards it this time, there fired!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone want to work for me? JK
THX
Jeff

P P R
05-14-2004, 11:30 AM
Ill fax again on monday , we are off to the lake in a few hours. Hope you guys can make it in july.

Rock-it man
05-14-2004, 12:47 PM
I have a feeling someone in the fax room thought it was a junk fax and threw it away. Can you resend it 818-765-4916 Attn: Jeff
If someone discards it this time, there fired!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone want to work for me? JK
THX
Jeff
I will !!! OH !!! I forgot i'm told i'm unemployable !!!! hehehe !!!
Besides I would need way toooooooooooo much time off !!!!! Powerboating come FIRST !!!! Hope you can make it up here.By the way I have a Houseboat perm moored at Lake Shasta and it will sleep up to 20 !!!!! if your ever up that way let me know !!

P P R
05-14-2004, 01:36 PM
Rock-it man , If these guy come,it could be hard to keep all the trophys in the NW!

Rock-it man
05-14-2004, 02:02 PM
Rock-it man , If these guy come,it could be hard to keep all the trophys in the NW!
Easy fix !!! A small token trophy for Californians !!!!! and the BIG !!! one for ME !!!!! Guess I NEED !! a bigger boat so when I mention it to Sharon in front of you and Ruby you HAVE !!! to agree !!!!! OK !!! Leaving in a few for the Tony's Steak & beans Pokerrun in Stockton I here 80+ boats should be fun,I promise not to break it.I still ow Ruby a 100+ mph Ride.Dennis says you forfited yours after what you did to him !!!!! hehehe !!!!He says watch out cause he will get even !! hehehe !!!! and it wont be pretty either.

P P R
05-17-2004, 01:34 PM
Jeff, did you get a five page fax?

Three Days Only
05-17-2004, 02:21 PM
I got the fax thanks. Looks like all is a go with Myself and Bling Bling (Greg), and maybe a friend with his Hustler.
Look out Rock-It Man, were gunnin for a Blue & Yellow Eliminator with a big Quad Rotor in it. Only because that trophy looks real cool. Should be fun, I cant wait.
Now maybe three of us:
36 Spectre Poker Run
36 Nor-Tech 3600 Super Cat
38 Hustler Slingshot
Jeff

Rock-it man
05-17-2004, 04:35 PM
I got the fax thanks. Looks like all is a go with Myself and Bling Bling (Greg), and maybe a friend with his Hustler.
Look out Rock-It Man, were gunnin for a Blue & Yellow Eliminator with a big Quad Rotor in it. Only because that trophy looks real cool. Should be fun, I cant wait.
Now maybe three of us:
36 Spectre Poker Run
36 Nor-Tech 3600 Super Cat
38 Hustler Slingshot
Jeff
HEY !!!! Wait a minute who invited you guys anyway !!!! Tim I Hate YOU !!! How can I be TOP DOG when you invite the
CALIFORNIANS !!!!!!!!! I will get even !!! I had a good thing going there for a while and now you go and do this .
OK !!!! buddy I'll have a little suprise for you all and the Californians when the time comes !!! hehehe !!! Im on my way to LA to get it done Fri ,should take about three weeks and Im pullin the motor tonight for a little massaging !!! and we will see who gets to the mouth of the Columbia first !!!! cause I never get madd and I never get even I GET AHEAD !!!!! so come on all you southern boys !!! cause this old redneck logger is about to put ya all back on the trailer headed south with your tails between your legs !!!!! hehehe !!!!

Three Days Only
05-18-2004, 08:08 AM
Thats alot of talkin there Rock-It Man, better massage alot, as that #6 is going to rob some of that power.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/985Falks_Speedo-med.jpg

Rock-it man
05-18-2004, 08:50 AM
I didn't know that you could tow that thing that fast !!!!!! hehehe !!!
Are you Sure you want to come up here ,It rains all the time !!! your boat will be moldy !!when you leave !!!!!and the Highway Patrol will be looking for pay raise after stoping all you out of staters !!!! thats the only way Oregon makes any money off you guys cause theres no sales tax up here !!!!! So I really think you all had better just stay and play in your own sandbox !!!! and besides that Trophy is MINE and you can't have it !!!!!!

P P R
05-18-2004, 09:00 AM
LOL, thats funny! Maybe we should change the (KING OF THE RIVER ) trophy to the (ROCK_IT MAN) challenge?

cruser
05-18-2004, 12:35 PM
Those So Cal guys are used to running in the Pacific or at Havasu. They will need to be really carefull in the Willamette. That river is only 600' wide, bank to bank, in downtown Portland. The channel in the Columbia is also 600' wide and a bit more forgiving because the Columbia is about 1/2 a mile wide. Can they turn those boats around in that narrow space?
Don't take your boats any farther up the Willamette than the launch point without taking a local or paying strict attention to the bouys. There are rocks that love to eat foreign(sp?) outdrives up there. Wish I could be in Portland for the run. I would like to see all these boats on our rivers. I would also volunteer to guide them through the prop eating rocks if they wanted to see some really beautiful parts of the Willamette.
PPR - have you looked at getting this run associated with the Rose Festival? Might be some support that could be of benefit. Maybe not.
cruzer

Rock-it man
05-18-2004, 01:13 PM
Those So Cal guys are used to running in the Pacific or at Havasu. They will need to be really carefull in the Willamette. That river is only 600' wide, bank to bank, in downtown Portland. The channel in the Columbia is also 600' wide and a bit more forgiving because the Columbia is about 1/2 a mile wide. Can they turn those boats around in that narrow space?
Don't take your boats any farther up the Willamette than the launch point without taking a local or paying strict attention to the bouys. There are rocks that love to eat foreign(sp?) outdrives up there. Wish I could be in Portland for the run. I would like to see all these boats on our rivers. I would also volunteer to guide them through the prop eating rocks if they wanted to see some really beautiful parts of the Willamette.
PPR - have you looked at getting this run associated with the Rose Festival? Might be some support that could be of benefit. Maybe not.
cruzer
Your right !!! Those California boys should save the embasisment of comming to play in our sand box and just stay home. Tim is to fault for all this !!!!!!! but did he tell them theres a speed limit up here ( 60mph) for out of state boats and the permit to use our waterways is very expensive !!!! hehehe !!!! its gonna be a little challange for me to overcome but i'm up to the challange !!!!! and OH ! how I love a challange !!!!!!!!! hehehe !!!

Three Days Only
05-18-2004, 01:20 PM
What are you guys trying to do to us, seeing how much money you can make us waste on boat bottom repair and drives.
Luckily we get to go last, we can just work our way through the pack with Rock-it Man in tow. HEHE. :D
Rain............Canopies.........at a 130 it just blows right over our heads.
Jeff

Three Days Only
05-18-2004, 01:24 PM
Your right !!! Those California boys should save the embasisment of comming to play in our sand box and just stay home. Tim is to fault for all this !!!!!!! but did he tell them theres a speed limit up here ( 60mph) for out of state boats and the permit to use our waterways is very expensive !!!! hehehe !!!! its gonna be a little challange for me to overcome but i'm up to the challange !!!!! and OH ! how I love a challange !!!!!!!!! hehehe !!!
We all know how much you love a challenge, youve spent countless hours and money to have the fastest single engine cat on the water. It must suck to have to get towed back, when that one motor or drive breaks and you cant idle back on the second. Dont worry if you break down, Ill tow you back in, at least I'll still be infornt.
Jeff

Rock-it man
05-18-2004, 01:56 PM
We all know how much you love a challenge, youve spent countless hours and money to have the fastest single engine cat on the water. It must suck to have to get towed back, when that one motor or drive breaks and you cant idle back on the second. Dont worry if you break down, Ill tow you back in, at least I'll still be infornt.
Jeff
My days of being towed are about over !!!!!! just imagine 1600 hp and to be able to hammer it out of the hole yeee haaa !!!!! and away I go . I'll be at the mouth of the Willamite by the time these big ole slugs from california can get on plane !!!!! hehehe !!! with John right behind me . Sorry John I had to throw that in there !!!! hehehe !! There is a ringer from down here comming ,all I can tell you all that its the 2003 Class A Unlimited World Champian !!!!! so you can guess !!!! who !!! and What !!!

P P R
05-18-2004, 02:04 PM
Cruser, We have a very planned out run. NO rocks NO sand bars.These boats will do great on the rivers. Never looked into the rose festival thing . Not a bad idea,but iam really busy putting together another safe fun run. If you havent attended a PPR event dont give advice on the run.

Three Days Only
05-18-2004, 02:53 PM
My days of being towed are about over !!!!!! just imagine 1600 hp and to be able to hammer it out of the hole yeee haaa !!!!! and away I go . I'll be at the mouth of the Willamite by the time these big ole slugs from california can get on plane !!!!! hehehe !!! with John right behind me . Sorry John I had to throw that in there !!!! hehehe !! There is a ringer from down here comming ,all I can tell you all that its the 2003 Class A Unlimited World Champian !!!!! so you can guess !!!! who !!! and What !!!
You know im just busting your balls. What you have accomplished in your boat is spectacular, and takes alot of balls. Im looking forward to the run, it doesnt really matter what you put out in front of our boats, the rougher the better. We love mixed up washing machine water. The worst thing would be if it was glass, we will both look like a couple of lost dolphins out there porpoising in freshwater.

Rock-it man
05-18-2004, 04:06 PM
You know im just busting your balls. What you have accomplished in your boat is spectacular, and takes alot of balls. Im looking forward to the run, it doesnt really matter what you put out in front of our boats, the rougher the better. We love mixed up washing machine water. The worst thing would be if it was glass, we will both look like a couple of lost dolphins out there porpoising in freshwater.
Well looks like you LOOSE !!!! cause its always like glass Just ask Tim he woun't tell any fibs !!!!!! Guess that means I can just cruise !!!! hehehe !!!

HP350SC
05-18-2004, 04:37 PM
Cruser, We have a very planned out run. NO rocks NO sand bars.These boats will do great on the rivers. Never looked into the rose festival thing . Not a bad idea,but iam really busy putting together another safe fun run. If you havent attended a PPR event dont give advice on the run.
YES it is a GREAT run! Only problem is I will be done in 45 minutes:D Unless you're in a Baja, then 1 1/2 hrs. right Tim? j/k
Rock-it Man "completed" it in 1 or 2 minutes last year hehehe!
On another note, I am trying to locate the member that had the business partner with a copter who was going to film for us.

Rock-it man
05-18-2004, 05:11 PM
YES it is a GREAT run! Only problem is I will be done in 45 minutes:D Unless you're in a Baja, then 1 1/2 hrs. right Tim? j/k
Rock-it Man "completed" it in 1 or 2 minutes last year hehehe!
On another note, I am trying to locate the member that had the business partner with a copter who was going to film for us.
What ya mean 1-2 minutes I had an official extra long pit stop !!!!!!! Four weeks ain't so bad !!!! Mike dont tell anyone about the SHORT CUT !!!!!!!!! hehehe !!!! Maybe if all the locals line up across the river as I pass by we can teach these southern boys a thing or two about PokerRunning !!! hehehe !!! Though you can let John through OK ! John !!! Its the North against the SOUTH hehehe !!!! and we allways win in our own sandbox !!!!

P P R
05-19-2004, 11:19 AM
Mike ,Thats about wright after i tow all you backyard mechs in. That leaves me about 30min!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( Its only 80+ miles)

cruser
05-19-2004, 12:04 PM
Didn't mean to cast dispersions on the run. I am sure that you have done a good job planning and everyone who attends will have a safe cruise and a fun run. Running down the Willamette from Willamette park and up or down the Columbia will present plenty of running opportunities and great scenery. I would've liked to attend the run but, as I said before, I will be out of town drag boat racing.
I was talking about exploring the river before/after the run. There are a lot of very scenic areas further up the Willamette river but, you need to be a bit careful about where you are on the river. If one stays between the buoys and follows the main channel on the river, there is no problem. It can get shallow very fast just outside the buoys, especially at low tide or during restricted river flows. I have seen cruisers leaning on their keel 10-15 feet outside the buoys waiting for the river flow to pick back up or the tide to come back in. Probably one of the reasons you are sticking to the lower river I would guess.
In the Columbia, there is about 100 miles to explore between the ocean and Bonneville dam. Additionally there are numerous sloughs, rivers etc. that can be looked into, depending on the dimensions of your craft. If you have a lot of time you can continue up the Columbia above Bonneville and succeeding dams via the lock system all the way to just north of the tri-Cities in Washington (Something lie 200 miles) or go east up the Snake to Lewiston Ida, something like 300miles east of Portland. Way more area to explore than most other places in the country. Very scenic also.
cruzer

Three Days Only
05-19-2004, 02:14 PM
Its the North against the SOUTH hehehe !!!! and we allways win in our own sandbox !!!!
This time the south is going to kick some serious ass. Wayne try not to feel to much pressure, now that the south is finally going to take a well deserved victory. If it makes you feel any better im going to have my wife and kids with me that weekend, so I will take it easy, and keep it around 130 in the rough water, cant wait till July 17

HP350SC
05-19-2004, 04:14 PM
Hey Tim, I'll need to run in the second wave of boats, before all these 36+ footers, I'll just stick to racing Bayliners:rolleyes::

P P R
05-20-2004, 07:30 AM
Mike, is Cliff going to make? Should be able to run you guys together. Just make a note on your entry form. What are you guys doing for memorial day?

HP350SC
05-20-2004, 07:48 AM
FYI I'm sending my form tomorrow. Cliff might not enter his boat as he's concerned about his drive holding up:D A bit more power than last year:wink:
Hoping to get my boat done for testing on the Columbia Mem. day. What about you guys?

Three Days Only
05-20-2004, 07:58 PM
Rock-It Man where did you go, out to the back forty to split some logs so you can stay warm tonight. I thought there was going to be some shit talking going on in here.
Love Always
3DO

P P R
05-21-2004, 08:17 AM
Jeff, I think he and the boat went down your way . To see about about the new drive. It does get kinda quiet when hes not around.

Three Days Only
05-21-2004, 01:50 PM
I guess I need to keep my eyes open around Pats shop in Costa Mesa. Im sure to see that Quad Rotor sticking out the back.
Jeff

P P R
05-21-2004, 02:57 PM
LOL, So how many of you socal guys are coming? Or how many rounds iam i buying?

CAHotRodBoy
05-21-2004, 03:34 PM
This sounds like a great event and the waters around Portland are beautiful. I've been in Portland, along the Columbia and Willamette rivers many times but have never been on them. I'd love to do this run but have to check my budget. I'm thinking gas for the tow rig is going to be $500 plus boat gas plus room & meals = $$$$. Anyone from So Cal need a co-driver? :D

HP350SC
05-21-2004, 05:05 PM
I would like to offer any out of towners attending the PPR use of a shop if necessary, 15 min. from downtown. Was a great idea proposed my DMKHNR on the Shasta thread so thought it could help some of you out as well. Also have friends at Pacific Power Boats for any parts needed. I will PM my phone # to anyone interested.

cruser
05-21-2004, 08:50 PM
Just drove to LA and back from Portland in an Expedition. Pulled a 21 eliminator on the way back. Filled up about every 350 miles or so/ I have a 30 gallon tank but wanted to leave some in reserve just in case. Except for just north of LA to Grapevine and between Weed and Ashland, it's mostly flat. Got around 12-14 mpg pulling the boat depending on how fast I was going. Driver takes about 17 hours with gas and food breaks.
cruzer

Three Days Only
05-22-2004, 02:10 PM
LOL, So how many of you socal guys are coming?
Most likely, Myself (For Sure), Bling(For Sure He Says), & our friend Dennis(??).
Or how many rounds am i buying?
Just the first round, after we get fired up, the Goose will be flowing. If the bar is not stalked, we can just raid Blings bar in the Nor-Tech, hes always good for 6 bottles or so.
Jeff

HighRoller
05-23-2004, 01:02 AM
What the hell is an erctial problem? Do you mean erectile? Better lay off the Goose when you're typing!!

Rock-it man
05-23-2004, 03:49 PM
Rock-It Man where did you go, out to the back forty to split some logs so you can stay warm tonight. I thought there was going to be some shit talking going on in here.
Love Always
3DO
Im BACKKKKKKKKKKKK !!!!!!!!! and yes I was with Pat ,Thur and Sat ,and we made a deal and when I told him I would be sending you back down there on the Trailer wondering what happened !! he gave me a discount !!!!!!! So Thanks !!! hehehe !!! I can't wait !! to hammer it anywhere anytime !!! so while the motors out we will sweetin it a little !!! Hoping to be in the Water July first for testing, still need to figure out what to prop it with ??? any ideas ????
Remember TIM The correct spelling for the trophy is
ROCKIT MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P P R
05-24-2004, 08:00 AM
would that be king of the river,or wildest cat?

Three Days Only
05-24-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by HighRoller
What the hell is an erctial problem? Do you mean erectile? Better lay off the Goose when you're typing!!
Yeah thats what I meant, Thanks. It's a inside joke with my buddy bling. His signature says something like.
Bravo Outdrives and Outboards are like 100CC implants, Kinda Weak!!!!!!!

Three Days Only
05-24-2004, 08:38 AM
Im BACKKKKKKKKKKKK !!!!!!!!! , when I told him I would be sending you back down there on the Trailer wondering what happened !! he gave me a discount !!!!!!! So Thanks !!! hehehe !!!
I hope with your horsepower, and size to weight ratio, you smoke us, if not, your going to hear alot of shit at that dinner. Bling will catch you sooner or later, Im only geared/proped for mid 130's with alot of acceleration, so hopefully the water gets pretty chopped up with all the boats leaving in front of us. I will take any advantage I can get. All bullshit asides, im looking forward to coming up, and playing in your backyard.
Jeff

Rock-it man
05-24-2004, 09:19 AM
I hope with your horsepower, and size to weight ratio, you smoke us, if not, your going to hear alot of shit at that dinner. Bling will catch you sooner or later, Im only geared/proped for mid 130's with alot of acceleration, so hopefully the water gets pretty chopped up with all the boats leaving in front of us. I will take any advantage I can get. All bullshit asides, im looking forward to coming up, and playing in your backyard.
Jeff
The water has to be in my favor !! I will run hard to the first stop at the mouth of the Willimate River then take it easy the rest of the way ,have to save a little for the Sacramento Shoot out the next weekend. Your all welcome to our sandbox as long as you know your place hehehe !!!!!!! Im hoping the acceleration will be an advantage for me. I may upgrade to a twin eng next year after I take Eliminators record away from them !!!

P P R
05-24-2004, 10:24 AM
Hotel info, The hotel has set a block of rooms aside for the Portland poker run. You must tell them your with the PPR to get a room and the discounts. This is where the dinner party and awards are held too. (lots of parking) North harbour Marriott# (503) 735-1818

HP350SC
05-24-2004, 09:16 PM
would that be king of the river,or wildest cat?
More like:
He's got, High Hopes he's got, High Hopes!

Rock-it man
05-25-2004, 09:14 AM
More like:
He's got, High Hopes he's got, High Hopes!
I'm not greedy I want them all !!!!!!! The only run that counts is the one to the first stop !!!!!!!!after that its a crap shoot becouse if all the traffic,and card pickups. I,ll make the maps for the out of towners so they won't get lost hehehe !!!!!!!

Three Days Only
05-25-2004, 09:20 AM
The water has to be in my favor !! I will run hard to the first stop at the mouth of the Willimate River then take it easy the rest of the way ,have to save a little for the Sacramento Shoot out the next weekend. Your all welcome to our sandbox as long as you know your place hehehe !!!!!!! Im hoping the acceleration will be an advantage for me. I may upgrade to a twin eng next year after I take Eliminators record away from them !!!
With those new drives, I mean DRIVE you better just drop the sitcks, I mean STICK down. I keep forgeting you only got one leg. Im actually very excited to see your boat run.
I have been following your quest, and you have earned a spot in my heart for being one of the few boneheads like me willing to waste countless 10's of thousands on something you love.
Is that the truth or what!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Three Days Only
05-25-2004, 09:20 AM
I'm not greedy I want them all !!!!!!! The only run that counts is the one to the first stop !!!!!!!!after that its a crap shoot becouse if all the traffic,and card pickups. I,ll make the maps for the out of towners so they won't get lost hehehe !!!!!!!
Great, I guess im heading to Canada!!!!!!!!!!

Rock-it man
05-25-2004, 09:59 AM
Great, I guess im heading to Canada!!!!!!!!!!
Good Luck !!!!! If you think were a bunch a Rednecks here wait till you cross the boarder and If you think our gas prices wait till you buy up there !!!!!!!
OK ! John your back in contention as the out of towners as going to bypass us !!!!!! hehehe !!!!
Was that a compliment from 3DO !!!! as I thought I was the only one supporting the boating industry !!!!! and the economy !!! and its not a waste if your having fun,except when i'm being towed in which I think I hold a record for !!!! Got the motor out last night and removing the standoff box tonight .Just need to figure out where the new X dim should be ?? as I want the new drive to act as a surface drive this time.

Three Days Only
05-25-2004, 12:54 PM
Have you priced props yet? $$$$
Hell yes that was a compliment!!!!!
By the way, you might get towed in alot, but I idle on one motor alot. Hopefully, I wont be towing you in on one motor. That would be the day. HEHE.
Jeff

P P R
05-25-2004, 01:04 PM
Great. are we all going to huge?

Rock-it man
05-25-2004, 02:16 PM
Have you priced props yet? $$$$
Hell yes that was a compliment!!!!!
By the way, you might get towed in alot, but I idle on one motor alot. Hopefully, I wont be towing you in on one motor. That would be the day. HEHE.
Jeff
I have heard that alot about twin engine boats .What gives anyway !!!.I should introduce you to my engine builder Dennis while your in Portland ,that problem we don't have !!!!!
My towing days are over now it will be towing others in hehehe !!!! I owe Tim one for sure.

Three Days Only
05-25-2004, 04:51 PM
I have heard that alot about twin engine boats .What gives anyway !!!.I should introduce you to my engine builder Dennis while your in Portland ,that problem we don't have !!!!!
My towing days are over now it will be towing others in hehehe !!!! I owe Tim one for sure.
No problems with the motors, its the drives that plague my boating experiences. Motors are solid since I replaced both of those crappy HP500EFI's with new power. The boat needed real power anyway, it was nothing but a pussy cat before.
Spoke with the guy with the 38' Hustler, looks like he is a go too. He's going to check it out alittle more before rolling up to Or.
Jeff

Rock-it man
05-26-2004, 09:28 AM
No problems with the motors, its the drives that plague my boating experiences. Motors are solid since I replaced both of those crappy HP500EFI's with new power. The boat needed real power anyway, it was nothing but a pussy cat before.
Spoke with the guy with the 38' Hustler, looks like he is a go too. He's going to check it out alittle more before rolling up to Or.
Jeff
Guess you will be wanting a pair of Weismans after I send ya home !!!! empty handed !!! hehehe !!!!

Three Days Only
05-26-2004, 11:59 AM
Get real, Empty handed or not, im still rolling home with a 36' Spectre.
On a serious note, how does pat think the drive is going to work, and is there alot of issues with changing out the dirve, glass work, etc.
Jeff

Rock-it man
05-26-2004, 02:49 PM
Get real, Empty handed or not, im still rolling home with a 36' Spectre.
On a serious note, how does pat think the drive is going to work, and is there alot of issues with changing out the dirve, glass work, etc.
Jeff
No glass work ,he will make it bolt up to the same pattern I sent him a templet today.he's designing it to just replace a brave style unit. He's doing all the work .the most important thing is the X dim it has to be right the first time !!!!!!!! he thinks this setup will work perfict ,I dont know if he has done a simular setup on a small cat but we will see soon.I really have no where else to go with this boat as the # 6 just woud not work unless the boat was built new with the # 6 and then there would not be much of a back seat. When do you think you will be passing by Grants Pass ,were about 60 miles north of the Calif line.

P P R
05-27-2004, 08:59 AM
Wayne, is your boat ready yet?

Rock-it man
05-27-2004, 10:40 AM
Wayne, is your boat ready yet?
Should be ready for testing July1 ,I will be at the Cat Attack Boatless !!!!!!!!

P P R
05-27-2004, 11:01 AM
I hope you can make the PORTLAND POKER RUN this year. Lots of cool prizes custom dock lines,prop covers,gas powered blender,kids stuff , And of course the trophys and cash.

Three Days Only
05-27-2004, 11:42 AM
No glass work ,he will make it bolt up to the same pattern I sent him a templet today.he's designing it to just replace a brave style unit. He's doing all the work .the most important thing is the X dim it has to be right the first time !!!!!!!! he thinks this setup will work perfict ,I dont know if he has done a simular setup on a small cat but we will see soon.I really have no where else to go with this boat as the # 6 just woud not work unless the boat was built new with the # 6 and then there would not be much of a back seat. When do you think you will be passing by Grants Pass ,were about 60 miles north of the Calif line.
Im sending you a PM, I got to talk to you about this drive, as it sounds like this was the new one he was working on, and not his normal drive.
Grants pass, I dont even know where Grants Pass Is. We are going to leave at about 2:00am from Cali, on Thursday

Rock-it man
05-27-2004, 02:33 PM
I hope you can make the PORTLAND POKER RUN this year. Lots of cool prizes custom dock lines,prop covers,gas powered blender,kids stuff , And of course the trophys and cash.
MORE !!! MORE !!!! MORE !!!!! WE WANT MORE !!!!!!!

Rock-it man
05-27-2004, 03:34 PM
Im sending you a PM, I got to talk to you about this drive, as it sounds like this was the new one he was working on, and not his normal drive.
Grants pass, I dont even know where Grants Pass Is. We are going to leave at about 2:00am from Cali, on Thursday
Great that way our State Troupers can be on the lookout !!!! hehehe !!!! Our State needs $$$$$$$$$ ..
We are 1 hr north of the calif line exit # 55 on I-5 ,are you going to try to drive it all in one day !!!!! Where are you located at ? I just drove to Costa Mesa and it took me 13 hrs with the boat .You wont have traffic to fight up here except for Portland during rush hr 4-6 pm. Will call you tomorrow.

Three Days Only
05-28-2004, 07:54 AM
We are in Santa Clarita, Off the 5 freeway, bottom of the grape vine around Magic Mountain, one hour north of Costa Mesa. Did you speed all the way down, or were you twoing 65. The CHP does not like high speed wide loads traveling down the 5, I found out the hard way. Call me before 11:00, or I will talk to you next week. Were leaving for Havasu at 12:30 to tear it up for the weekend, I really want to find out more about this drive. Pat had mentioned alittle bit to Bling, but said they were not ready yet.
Jeff

Rock-it man
05-28-2004, 02:13 PM
We are in Santa Clarita, Off the 5 freeway, bottom of the grape vine around Magic Mountain, one hour north of Costa Mesa. Did you speed all the way down, or were you twoing 65. The CHP does not like high speed wide loads traveling down the 5, I found out the hard way. Call me before 11:00, or I will talk to you next week. Were leaving for Havasu at 12:30 to tear it up for the weekend, I really want to find out more about this drive. Pat had mentioned alittle bit to Bling, but said they were not ready yet.
Jeff
Its 688 miles to Grants Pass so at 55 mph thats 12.5 hrs plus food and potty stops !!! ( Are We There Yet Dad ) hehehe !!!
so you will be around Grants Pass about Dinner Time ,I f you stop by GP for fuel or Food give me a call ,Are you planning on driving all the way in one day !!!!
I usally head up Friday morning.
How about a Pizza/Beer feed Friday night near the motel.? what was the name of that place we went to during the Boat show !!!
lets say we meet up about 6 pm there ,will need an aprox head count to let them know how many !!!! We can show the out of towners some Oregon good will and leave them with the BILL !! hehehe !!!!

HP350SC
05-30-2004, 02:17 PM
OK! Beer truck has contacted me and looks like helicopter is a go! I gave him the phone # to contact Tim so hope we hear from these guys. I told him to be at Willamette park 8am July 17th. First group of boats leave after drivers meeting at 9am correct?

P P R
06-01-2004, 08:12 AM
Lets get a head count on fri nights pizza party. I'll even buy the first round . Maybe two rounds for the So-Cal guys. Get those entries in before June 17 and save $$$$$$$$ .

Rock-it man
06-01-2004, 10:06 AM
Lets get a head count on fri nights pizza party. I'll even buy the first round . Maybe two rounds for the So-Cal guys. Get those entries in before June 17 and save $$$$$$$$ .
There will be seven of us for sure !!!! Maybe NEAR BEER for those party crashers !!!!! hehehe !!!!

HP350SC
06-01-2004, 08:07 PM
Put us down for 4, Tim.

P P R
06-03-2004, 03:51 PM
HP 350 , sounds good! Glad to see that boats back to gether. Spread the word about the PPR while your at Shasta. (Stay Safe)

Rock-it man
06-06-2004, 01:52 PM
3DO is out in the saltwater rusting his boat !!! hope its still togeather for Portland with all that corrosion it will be lucky to break 100 mph hehehe !!!!!!!!!!! Still waiting to take the boat to Weisman ,should be soon !!!!! can't hardly wait as I can taste the accelleration allready !!!!!!!! Motor will be ready so its about time to ROCK !!!!!!

P P R
06-07-2004, 02:25 PM
We still have room!( Sat July 17) Over 80 miles of fresh water to run in at sea level. 503 793-2164 Lots of give aways trophies and cash.

P P R
06-09-2004, 08:54 AM
Only 39 days away july 17. Gas prices are comming down. So get your entries in and dont break those boats!

P P R
06-12-2004, 09:48 AM
Looking for a few hot boats. THE PORTLAND POKER RUN JULY 17. For more info call (503) 793-2164.

P P R
06-18-2004, 02:22 PM
Lets see watcha got!

HP350SC
06-25-2004, 09:18 AM
I am officially in now, as long as boat stays together. This is going to be a great run PPR! What's up with Rock-it Man anyway, haven't heard from him for awhile. He must be thrashing to get his boat done because I know Portland is his favorite event. See you guys Fri.
:D

P P R
06-26-2004, 10:30 AM
Hey Mike, This year is going to be great. You would not beleave all the cool give away stuff . Not sure if anyone from So-Cal will show up or not. If they did iam sure it might be hard for them to go home. Great weather, big rivers , and a fun safe event. It looks like the guy with the tricked out helicopter will be here. And where is ROCK-IT MAN? After that layout in ***boat mag. I thought for sure he would be all over these boards. Maybe he is makeing room for all the trophies, from this years PORTLAND POKER RUN. (So he says)

Rock-it man
06-27-2004, 10:05 AM
Hey Mike, This year is going to be great. You would not beleave all the cool give away stuff . Not sure if anyone from So-Cal will show up or not. If they did iam sure it might be hard for them to go home. Great weather, big rivers , and a fun safe event. It looks like the guy with the tricked out helicopter will be here. And where is ROCK-IT MAN? After that layout in ***boat mag. I thought for sure he would be all over these boards. Maybe he is makeing room for all the trophies, from this years PORTLAND POKER RUN. (So he says)
Im not gone,just had to really focus on my realestate bussiness as I lost an appeal to the State Land Board and now this area is in a moratorium for new subdivisions and I have a lot of $$$$$$ at risk so bussiness comes first.its looking like the cards will turn soon though cause thousands of jobs are at risk and the City Councel is under a lot of pressure to correct to problem fast. Hopefully going to Weismann next week to get the new drive on and will be ready to kick some serious A $# up there hehehe !!!!I will be back on the boards soon with some serious SMACK !!!!! so don't give up on me !!!!!!!!

P P R
06-28-2004, 07:54 AM
Thats more like it!

P P R
07-07-2004, 10:19 AM
July 17 , Only 11 days away. If you need info on the run or hotel call (503) 793-2164. The PORTLAND POKER RUN.