PDA

View Full Version : Who lives in or has a home in Boulder City

BADAXE
05-07-2004, 11:04 AM
I am looking to move there and want to hear what you think about the town. We are looking for somthing with a lake view or on the golf course.

topless
05-07-2004, 11:34 AM
I know people who live there and have a friend who is moving there soon. I have heard nothing but good things about the city.

BADAXE
05-07-2004, 11:48 AM
Thanks, all I have heard is good also.:)

OutCole'd
05-07-2004, 11:50 AM
Post it over at LVHB's. I am sure someone over there knows someone who can help.

twistedpair
05-07-2004, 11:52 AM
PM Burtandnancy, I think they have a place there. BC is nice, and it's about the only place to get a water view around here, unless you get a trailer space at one of the marinas.

THOR
05-07-2004, 12:01 PM
Badaxe, when I lived in LV I wanted to move to BC, but it becomes a hard commute now that the traffic in LV is getting worse. But, I would say to get a lake view home or on the golf course just like you mentioned. Very nice.

THOR
05-07-2004, 12:02 PM
are you retiring or something? why the move?

BADAXE
05-07-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by THOR
are you retiring or something? why the move?
I work from a home based office and travel to my clients sites. I can pretty much live where ever I want as long as it is near an airport. Living in BC puts me closer to McCarran than I am to LAX now so why not live near our favorite lake and have an easier commute to the airport.
By the way, nice looking boat your having built. I hope to get a closer look at OP6C-7.

burtandnancy
05-07-2004, 02:40 PM
Have had homes in BC for years, and have boated in Lake Mead since the early 60's (remember the drought of 66/67 and the spillover of '83. You can get great views of the lake, and of the various golf courses, but not both at the same time.
There are a lot of changes going on near BC, the most important is the new bridge over the Colorado about 1/4 mile below the dam, and the bypass around town. The commute to LV can be OK to some parts of town, and damned miserable to others. Las Vegas exploded over the last few years, and infrastructure completely failed. NDOT (not unlike Cal Trans) doesn't have a clue how to build freeways, and they are years behind even before they open. (But thats a whole different story)
RE is slightly higher in BC than LV or Henderson or Green Valley, but has tradeoffs. We're over 55 years old, and picked a senior community which we think is the greatest. We also moved our boat into a covered slip (and hydrohoist) and don't have the daily launching hassel. I could go on and on, but don't how much space I'm allowed. If you have any specifics, get in touch...

BADAXE
05-07-2004, 07:08 PM
Thanks Burt......I have been boating on mead since the late 70's and know Boulder City pretty well. Right now as I type my wife and I are in town looking at real estate. We are torn between lake Mead View Estates and a home on the golf course so we'll be looking at some listings in the morning.
Are you in town now? If so I'll meet you at The Coffee Cup at 8:00am in the morning.

burtandnancy
05-07-2004, 10:17 PM
Badaxe, sorry, I'm in Cucamonga this week-end, coming out on Thursday. Normally, I have breakfast every day at the Coffee Cup, say hello to Carrie and Al for me.
We live in Lake Mountain Estates, on Mt Antero. Have had three modulars up there, its the cleanest, quietest community in BC. We have a great HOA, pretty good enforcement and practically no homeowner problems.
Lewis Homes built some very nice homes around the old golf course, but thats not our thing, boating is, at least while the water lasts. Hope to get together with you someday...

BADAXE
05-08-2004, 10:12 PM
Burt,
Sorry I missed you for breakfast, I love that place. I know about where your place is at but they don't let us forty-something people in there. We put an offer on a house today but I don't want to give to much info about it so as not to jinx the deal. I'll look you up when I get to town. Thanks for the info.

burtandnancy
05-09-2004, 08:22 AM
Congratulations, hope you get your home. At least in BC you won't have opened up a bidding war on the front porch like here in So Cal. I'm sure you've heard stories of homes here going for 25 to 50k over asking price! Good Luck...
ps, they let us live there because Nancy is over 55.

HOSS
05-09-2004, 05:51 PM
I have an aunt and uncle that live a block from the University of Colorado. That place is beautiful.

BADAXE
05-09-2004, 08:19 PM
Hoss,
I'm talking about Boulder City, Neveda not Boulder, Colorado but thanks for the reply. Hope all goes well with the new job.