PDA

View Full Version : Lake Elsinore Incidents

AmyLE1983
05-07-2004, 11:30 AM
For those of you that want to know what is going on in Lake Elsinore:
I called the Lake Elsinore Police Captain just a minute ago and he was out of the office, so I am expecting a call back from him; and I also called the Sheriff that is in charge of Lake Operations and am awaiting a call back from him as well.
We have called the City of Lake Elsinore (City Hall) and I am also e-mailing our City Council members about these incidents.
We do not look favorably on any incidents of these kinds and we will have them taken care of. Lake Elsinore is a beautiful community, I hope that you will not think badly on all the residents that live here. I have lived in this city for over 15 years and I love it, I would never tell anyone from out of the area to leave. We are trying to promote our city and these people who are chasing others away are not part of the beautiful and wonderful community and citizens that I love. I hope you all continue to use our lake.
I will be sending you an update as soon as I have some more information. Thanks for your support.

hallett02
05-07-2004, 11:49 AM
That's great news Amy, I'm sure all of the lake goers appreciate your fast actions. I will look forward to seeing more posts from you. Please keep us informed.

FRENCHIE
05-07-2004, 12:02 PM
please let us know as im gonna test the new boat there end of the month...maiden voyage!!:D

fourspeednup
05-07-2004, 12:06 PM
Very classy move on your part Amy, thanks for keeping the ***boat community posted:cool:

bordsmnj
05-07-2004, 12:33 PM
Cool! way to take care of business,Amy.:cool:

AmyLE1983
05-07-2004, 01:01 PM
Update: Fighting in Lake Elsinore
I just talked to Sheriff Don Sharp who is in charge of Lake Operations. He said that his investigation is coming to an end, the "locals" have been identified, and arrests will be made very shortly, probably this week. He said that there will be extra patrol officers out on the lake, specifically in that area, and that he will be out on the lake this weekend as well patrolling. He doesn't see any other incidents occuring, and feels that with his extra patrol teams out there, the lake is safe. He said that if anyone at anytime sees anything involving violence or any other matter that needs police attention, call 911 immediately. He said they will be keeping a close eye on all of the beaches, so there is no need to worry. If anyone else wants any additional information you can call the Lake Elsinore Sheriff's Station at (909)245-3300.
I hope that everything will be running smoothly from here out. Let me know if I can help anyone with anything else. Thanks!
Best Regards to you all,
Amy (909)245-8848 or amy@levcc.org

fourspeednup
05-07-2004, 01:07 PM
Now everyone's going to get noise pollution tickets with all the extra patrols:D :D J/K
***boat member, never happy;)

mirvin
05-07-2004, 01:11 PM
In lieu of these "extra patrols", what is the law on Elsinore concerning alcohol??
Please clarify.
mirvin;)

bordsmnj
05-07-2004, 01:19 PM
cans only-and not on the water.

River Blonde
05-07-2004, 02:34 PM
Amy,
Thanks for contacting the sherrifs department. Hopefully they will come through for the sake of your community.
I am not from Lake Elsinor but have gone there for years. I personally witnessed both instances and will not be returning to the Lake...nor will about 5 other families who are also boat owners who saw what happened. We saw the sherrifs come the first time...we saw them reassure everyone that things are safe. And then it happened again.
The city needs to understand that they are liable for what goes on at their parks and recreation areas. If families aren't safe, families won't come back. It's very unfortnate too because these people are costing the city to lose revenue from honest law abiding citizens who are patrons of the Lake.:frown:
Back to Havasu!!!

v-drive
05-07-2004, 02:53 PM
Where else would you go? Perris. What do they call that lake? something like Polio Pond.I completely understand your anger but here these people have stepped up to the plate and we know that doesn't happen often. If you find a better lake closer let us know.......v-drive

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-07-2004, 02:57 PM
Hey River Blonde,
Try not to let these incidents keep you away from the lake. You said you have been going there for a few years as have alot of us and and you know these incidents are rare. In fact I have never heard of anything like this until last month.
Don't let these losers keep you away. Thats what they are trying to achieve.
Hope to see you at the lake sometime!
:)

nitro702
05-07-2004, 03:09 PM
I think that's great. I don't want any tough guys hassling me 'cause I have an older boat and I am puny and can't beat up 3 guys at once. I could handle 2 maybe if they had broken legs or a patch over one eye.
I am going to shave my head and grow a goatee and get some tattoo's and puff up my chest real big so I can look tougher.

CA Stu
05-07-2004, 03:26 PM
Whatever happened to country justice?
"City is liable..." Puh-leeze! It's this victim mentality that is undermining the very fabric of the USA.
The only people that are truly liable are the perpetrators, for crying out loud!
How the hell can one blame the city for the actions of a few assholes, in good conscience? You can't! Blame the jerk out there acting like a jerk!
That's pathetic... :mad:
Peace
CA Stu
PS I'll bet they're not so tough...

eliminatedsprinter
05-07-2004, 03:35 PM
I hope this is resolved quickly. God knows we don't want another lake to become like Castiac....

CA Stu
05-07-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by eliminatedsprinter
I hope this is resolved quickly. God knows we don't want another lake to become like Castiac....
Indeed. Once the government gets involved, everything gets weird (and expensive), and usually ends up with the innocents paying more of a price, for a lot longer, than the guilty in the first place.
Let's hear it for personal responsibility!
Thanks
CA Stu

1stepcloser
05-07-2004, 03:51 PM
Well, I thinks its class act on Amy's part to step up and handle this issue on behalf of all of us.
I have used Lake Elsinore for years, and will continue to do so for years to come.
I will not be intimidated by a few thugs trying to get their nut.
Besides, I mostly go on Mondays, as I have the day off:) (less traffic, smooth water)

shueman
05-07-2004, 07:56 PM
PROPS to Amy.....again....!!!

riverbound
05-08-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by River Blonde
Back to Havasu!!!
This stuff happens there also, at least the city is doing something to prevent it in the future. Which is not something that LHC would do.

bgchuby
05-09-2004, 05:13 AM
I am new to boating in elsinore, is there a place to anchor instead of just going around in circles. What is this so called cove?

bordsmnj
05-09-2004, 07:23 AM
it actually is a cove. coors light cove. when turn through the south east side of the lake look to your right abot 3/4 of the way thru the turn. the last pump station on he dike over looks the cove.

Back To Havasu
05-09-2004, 07:15 PM
I believe we should give Elsinore another chance, and take their word that fighters will be arrested. I have spoken to a member of the lake patrol at length, when he arrested a drunken sea doo driver who put his watercraft on my trailer, and the patrolman was very professional and courteous. He also made it clear to me that Elsinore is a safe family lake, and once alerted, the police will respond to problems. Just my $.02 from the blechers.:wink:

dmontzsta
05-09-2004, 08:59 PM
Great work on your part Amy.

jackpunx
05-10-2004, 09:26 AM
Amy,
Thanks for contacting the sherrifs department. Hopefully they will come through for the sake of your community.
I am not from Lake Elsinor but have gone there for years. I personally witnessed both instances and will not be returning to the Lake...nor will about 5 other families who are also boat owners who saw what happened. We saw the sherrifs come the first time...we saw them reassure everyone that things are safe. And then it happened again.
The city needs to understand that they are liable for what goes on at their parks and recreation areas. If families aren't safe, families won't come back. It's very unfortnate too because these people are costing the city to lose revenue from honest law abiding citizens who are patrons of the Lake.:frown:
Back to Havasu!!!
Thanks Amy,
River Blond,
Just to let you know.. I guess you havnt been to Havi in a while.. but the gang bangers/drunks/Partiers.. are still in Havi too..

River Blonde
05-10-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by jackpunx
Thanks Amy,
River Blond,
Just to let you know.. I guess you havnt been to Havi in a while.. but the gang bangers/drunks/Partiers.. are still in Havi too..
I thought we were supposed to be angry at the one's starting the fights...not at my opinion. As I stated earlier. Amy is doing a great job at getting involved in the situation. I have a personal stake in what happened because my family members were the ones attacked. There is a lot more to the story. The sherrifs guaranteed after the first fight that it would not happen again. But it did, and you have to understand that it's nothing against the good citizens who go to the Lake...it's just not worth putting your wives and kids at risk of being hurt. Good luck to everyone else and be safe!

Danhercules
05-10-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by bgchuby
I am new to boating in elsinore, is there a place to anchor instead of just going around in circles. What is this so called cove?
On the far side of the lake, I think its the East, there is a cove. "Coors Light Cove" I think is called.
Someone here has a pic, I have seen it before.

Laveyman
05-10-2004, 02:09 PM
I have personally witnessed more thugs fighting at Havasu than I have even heard of fights at Elsinore. Seems almost every weeknd you hear of a brawl somewhere on Havasu, and often much worse. This is the first time I've ever heard of this type of problem at Elsinore. It the local L/E has in fact made arrests behind these incidents, it should be problem solved. It would he very unusual for the morons to go back and start trouble again after being arrested. How often do you actually hear about the idiots fighting at Havasu being arrested? Not very often. They usually get away with it. Yet we keep going back weekend after weekend.

Debbolas
05-10-2004, 02:34 PM
I don't know if I feel better about going there or not.....
:) :(

Elsinore Cop
05-10-2004, 04:52 PM
I'm back! Not really, I transferred out over a year ago and have been posting under my off-duty alias. I received a call from one of our lake patrol deputies two or three weeks ago asking about the owner of a certain boat ( a local) who is a suspect in an assault case which occurred in the "little cove". I gave him all the info I could remember about the guy, which is enough to i.d. him. The assault case WILL BE HANDLED. The deputies that patrol Lake Elsinore are of the highest caliber and I have no doubt that a thorough investigation was completed. I often have contact with the Lake Elsinore Deputies even though I am rarely at that station.
I'll be out on the lake in a police boat Memorial Weekend working a little OT. For those of you who know me by sight, be sure to say hi.
As a fellow hot boater, I can tell you from personal knowledge that Lake Elsinore is patrolled heavily. You will see more police per capita than most other lakes. Additionally, they will not mess with you for trivial things. If you are being safe, sober, and following those basic rules, the only police contact you will have is a friendly hello. About 85% of the citations are issued to PWC operators who are very inexperienced and have no comprehension of the basic rules of navigation, no wake zone, or right of way.
I have no way to argue against the green color of the lake from the algae blooms or other conditions outside the control of law enforcement. But please do not be disuaded from using the lake out of safety concerns. We work hard to make it a very safe lake. Sergeant Don Sharp currently runs the Lake Ops Unit. I will pass any concerns from the hot boat board onto him.
Sergeant Scot Collins
Riverside County Sheriff's Department
scollins@rc-lawnet.org

Debbolas
05-10-2004, 05:04 PM
What are the Lake Elsinore rules?
Just wondering...................
Can you drink (beer) in your boat, or do you need to be on land?
I think it is different from lake to lake...
Thanks !
:D

jackpunx
05-11-2004, 08:40 AM
I thought we were supposed to be angry at the one's starting the fights...not at my opinion. As I stated earlier. Amy is doing a great job at getting involved in the situation. I have a personal stake in what happened because my family members were the ones attacked. There is a lot more to the story. The sherrifs guaranteed after the first fight that it would not happen again. But it did, and you have to understand that it's nothing against the good citizens who go to the Lake...it's just not worth putting your wives and kids at risk of being hurt. Good luck to everyone else and be safe!
that was not my point .. and I was not pointing any negativity towards you;) .. My point was.. that there are these types of people where ever you go..

78Southwind
05-14-2004, 08:55 PM
Went to Lake Elsinore today and had a great time. The wind really picked up about 2:00 or 3:00 so we went to the cove to get out of the wind. We didn’t have any problems back there everyone was very friendly and the lake patrol made their rounds.

Debbolas
05-14-2004, 08:57 PM
good to know, we are headed there Sat.....