502procharger
08-30-2002, 10:14 PM
look at this.
http://www.dibit.com/ptDetail.html?119957
if it helps i better get 5 stars lol
[ August 30, 2002, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: 502procharger ]

woodster
08-30-2002, 11:27 PM
hey thanks for the link .. i have a 502 indmar engine. will that setup work with my boat?

502procharger
08-31-2002, 09:51 AM
it should, but i would contact the seller and find out about the kit, get the serial #. i would then call procharger directly and ask them. they are great help. good luck

Whipple Charged
09-03-2002, 12:18 PM
Try calling Gary at GT Performance for a system.
Thanks,
Dustin

Sunsation288
09-03-2002, 05:50 PM
I have a brand new still in the box Stage 1 procharger kit for the 454/502 mag MPI. I was going to put it in my new boat, but decided to swap engines instead. If anyone is interested, I am asking $3500.oo
The part # is 1MB181-NN
Thanks

acatitude
09-03-2002, 05:58 PM
Dustin, Ive heard the whipple doesnt work as well on carb motors. Can you explain a little about that to me? I'm debating getting a whipple on my 502/500 carbed motor but am hesitant. Thanks for the info. Ken PS. I currently have a 468 w b/m blower which is my spare motor.
I'm getting an AO in oct with 502 bravo1 150 gears.

502procharger
09-03-2002, 05:58 PM
that is a good deal. if someone out there is looking for a bbc mpi procharger 3500 for a new one is a steal. even bam which always has cheep prochargers is 500 more expensive. grab it quick. make sure i get a comission. lol

MellowYelloW
09-03-2002, 06:38 PM
call Paul Pfaff Racing Engines in H.B. cali...talk to Gordy or Steve.. Gordy has alot of experence with the whipples and prochargers..(did you read the hot boat test on the eliminator 25'cat that ran 144mph with the whipple quad deal...gordy built that motor...
714-894-7573
good luck
brian
[ September 03, 2002, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: MellowYelloW ]

502procharger
09-03-2002, 06:54 PM
both systems are very good. i have no experiance with whipples personaly, but i only here good things. i run the procharger and it runs strong and is very reliable. would i ever get a whipple? sure they are great units. they a a bit harder on your outdrive, but build much better low end power (hence the harder on drive) the procharger comes on a bit latter and softer and pulls hard through the mid range and top end, again they are both great units, you need to figure out what is best for you. also look into how much availible space you have. both system set up diff. and require availible space in diff. areas. good luck.

woodster
09-03-2002, 07:56 PM
whats does mpi mean? is that fuel injected? also would a supercharger work good on a jetboat? i really know nothing at all about them so any info would be appreciated..thanks

beyondhelpin
09-03-2002, 10:05 PM
Buy building less torque on the low end doesnt that kinda shoot the hole shot to hell. I have heard something to that effect. After you prop up to maintain proper top rpm it would have trouble even planning out I would think. I still like to ski and wakeboard so I need something in low end. I have the run of the mill 7.4 and would like to add a surpercharger but I dont think the motor would handle it. I think I am going to have to change motors before I do.
Does any one know how much power the 454 mag and/or the 502 make with a Wipple Charger. Will it be to much for a nine year old Bravo to handle on a 4000# dry weight boat ?

502procharger
09-03-2002, 10:12 PM
it is not that it does not build boost right off the bat, full boost is just not put to the drive in a split sec. when i am talking about softer building of boost i am talking about a second not a min. trust me you still get a great holeshot whith the procharger

Sunsation288
09-04-2002, 11:25 AM
I agree with 502Procharger, I went from a 25" 3 blade to a labbed 31" 4 blade, and my whole shot is twice as good as it was stock. No mater what... your whole shot will be better than stock. even after you prop it to run at the correct WOT rpm's.

Whipple Charged
09-04-2002, 11:33 AM
Why would a Whipple not work on a carb?? That makes no since what so ever, it works far better than any, I repeat, any roots blower. They idle far better, run cooler and take less power to operate. There positive displacement just like a roots, just a more efficient design. The carb mounts right on top just like the roots setups. We have a new 3.3L SC that were using that works even better on the carb setups because it's bigger than our previous versions. So they work just like a roots, just better.
Thanks,
Dustin

Hotcrusader76
09-04-2002, 11:40 AM
Whipple Charged:
Why would a Whipple not work on a carb?? That makes no since what so ever, it works far better than any, I repeat, any roots blower. They idle far better, run cooler and take less power to operate. There positive displacement just like a roots, just a more efficient design. The carb mounts right on top just like the roots setups. We have a new 3.3L SC that were using that works even better on the carb setups because it's bigger than our previous versions. So they work just like a roots, just better.
Thanks,
DustinWhy won't a carb work on a Whipple? Looks like it works to me... This is what I found! Looks good to me
http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/mk_bb.jpg
http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/bb_intercooled2.jpg
Tight on space? No problem, the Whipple small block supercharger system requires no additional clearance in front of the motor and the extra low manifold design allows for most fitments under stock hatches. The Whipple Charger kit can accommodate both standard and Dominator carburetors while offering unique applications such as fuel injection available.
Do you want to maximize your engines power? Whipple Supercharger systems will do just that, whether you have a classic V-Drive, a tournament ski boat, family cruiser or a triple engine high performance powerboat. The Whipple big block SC systems bolt onto a Whipple blower manifold, optional cupronickel intercooler, and the powerful 2.3L Whipple twin-screw type compressor.
Screw compressors are positive displacement superchargers (reach boost instantly, no lag time) that have incredibly high efficiency rates. This equals into unbelievable torque and horsepower numbers with proven OEM reliability. Whipple Chargers are up to 80% efficient while common roots-type superchargers our 40-50%, this means it’s far easier to make reliable power while putting less strain on the engine at the same time. Whipple Chargers also give you something no other supercharger can do, maximum power at low RPM’s as well as high RPM’s. This unique feature gives your boat the brute power at the touch of the throttle that’s needed to pull larger props during acceleration and the top-end power to achieve more MPH. It’s been proven time and time again that nobody can match the torque that the Whipple Charger makes. Your head will be whipped back as you accelerate and leave everybody else behind. These systems also boast Whipple’s unique air bypass system which lets your motor idle with ease, get better fuel mileage during cruising, and cools the intake temperature for increased reliability. With the optional air-to-water cupronickel intercooler for increased power levels on high compression engines and the added protection for supercharged engines. The Whipple Charger kit can accommodate both standard and Dominator carburetors while offering unique applications such as fuel injection optional billet throttle bodies.
[ September 04, 2002, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

502procharger
09-04-2002, 12:05 PM
man that whipple looks freeking nice. be carfull you guys i may have to change my name to 502whipple. there units look so much sharper than prochargers.

Hotcrusader76
09-04-2002, 12:11 PM
502procharger:
man that whipple looks freeking nice. be carfull you guys i may have to change my name to 502whipple. there units look so much sharper than prochargers.That's what I was thinking.....hmmmmm Forced NOS.....that has sort of ping to it,.....I mean "ring" LOL

78Eliminator
09-04-2002, 12:48 PM
Hotcrusader76:
502procharger:
man that whipple looks freeking nice. be carfull you guys i may have to change my name to 502whipple. there units look so much sharper than prochargers.That's what I was thinking.....hmmmmm Forced NOS.....that has sort of ping to it,.....I mean "ring" LOLTy,
Could I use my 750s on a blower setup if I jetted the hell out of them or do I need to buy a whole new setup?
J

JLaughreySS24
09-04-2002, 01:39 PM
Does anyone out there already have the big block intercooled set up right now? I have a B&M 250 with a superchiller but would like to switch over to that deal if its worth it. I have a 502 with edelbrock aluminum heads. Thanks for the info.

Hotcrusader76
09-04-2002, 02:32 PM
78Eliminator:
Hotcrusader76:
502procharger:
man that whipple looks freeking nice. be carfull you guys i may have to change my name to 502whipple. there units look so much sharper than prochargers.That's what I was thinking.....hmmmmm Forced NOS.....that has sort of ping to it,.....I mean "ring" LOLTy,
Could I use my 750s on a blower setup if I jetted the hell out of them or do I need to buy a whole new setup?
JYes,
Those carbs are universal for all applications. They would need to be readjusted (metering wise) to work with the extra fuel demand. The boosters on those stock bodies are fine, but I would move up to something with Annular boosters and an HP body. 830's would suffice, with respect to the cam, meaning cam grind specifically for forced induction or NOS, otherwise stick with the 750's vacuum characteristics.
The Proforms only come with down-leg boosters, exactly the same you have now, so that wouldn't be a logical approach.
Recommendation:
830cfm HP body/s w/Annular boosters (3-hole type)
Same goes for NOS on a vehicle or boat that needs the low end torque.
-Ty
[ September 04, 2002, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

502procharger
09-04-2002, 02:37 PM
shit
ty now you have me thinking of nos on my new motor. can you do that with a carbed procharger setup. or am i just asking for it. besides all the good parts in my new 540 what else has to be done to run nos? i used to run it on drag sleads, and a car i had and i never once had a problem. feedback?

Hotcrusader76
09-04-2002, 02:43 PM
502procharger:
shit
ty now you have me thinking of nos on my new motor. can you do that with a carbed procharger setup. or am i just asking for it. besides all the good parts in my new 540 what else has to be done to run nos? i used to run it on drag sleads, and a car i had and i never once had a problem. feedback?You need to keep that A/F ratio correct...or she will explode...Meaning.....BOOST=Heat....NOS= more fuel is allow to compress in the combustion chamber= more HEAT....More HEAT= hope your motor don't detonate.
With the proper fuel "mixture" and compresion ratio, I don't see why not?
Will the carbs hold? Hell yeah they will. Its only when you start doing "blow-through" carburetors....meaning you stick over 10psi through a Holley, built for Blow-through set-ups or not, and that carb will burst, like a fueling sprinkler!
So don't sweat the small shit....keep that motor from detonating and that bottom end from exploding.....Remember, that bottom end needs to be able to run the extra RPM and HP....
Good luck bro!

502procharger
09-04-2002, 02:47 PM
i am thinking that is too much for my little 25' v bottom. it should run 95 or so just with the 850-900hp the 540 and procharger should provide. i think i am just getting greedy wanting the nos.esides i will have enough problems keeping my drives together as it is. thank you as always for the input.

Hotcrusader76
09-04-2002, 07:36 PM
502procharger:
i am thinking that is too much for my little 25' v bottom. it should run 95 or so just with the 850-900hp the 540 and procharger should provide. i think i am just getting greedy wanting the nos.esides i will have enough problems keeping my drives together as it is. thank you as always for the input.Cheap dependable HP when done right...

502procharger
09-04-2002, 08:11 PM
ok you convinced me. tell me more about what system you would recomend and what it will take to tune it right. what do big systems loke this cost? any used ones out there? can i suck on the bottle when i am not using it in my boat? i know they add sulpher to it. i had a friend back in high school almost kill himself trying though. pretty funny now, but not then.

Hotcrusader76
09-04-2002, 08:17 PM
502procharger:
ok you convinced me. tell me more about what system you would recomend and what it will take to tune it right. what do big systems loke this cost? any used ones out there? can i suck on the bottle when i am not using it in my boat? i know they add sulpher to it. i had a friend back in high school almost kill himself trying though. pretty funny now, but not then.I am hereby not an expert on NOS, but I have been thoroughly researching what it takes to complete and operate such a system.
I have been studying more of the theory of operations and the dangers involved IE fuel pumps, fuel supply, and how it affects the vacuum signal inside the carbs venturie.
Basically....its simple to install. A fogger system is the most expensive, and can range from $600-1000. The plate system is the cheapest, and by far the most simple to install out of the two.
Either one will reap you great benefits. Start with a 50HP and go up from there....

Stoked
09-10-2002, 07:16 PM
I have a Stoker 224 with a HP500EFI and XR drive. The boat rums 100 on GPS, I am not looking for more top end but ACCELERATION I have spoke to Dustin at Whipple and the system sounds like exactly what I want.
He assures me it will be trouble free, but a few testimonials would be nice. Thanks Steve