PDA

View Full Version : Trucking companies??

Blown 472
05-07-2004, 06:36 PM
Anyone know of some that haul from east to west?? I just sold two cylinder blocks that have to go to AZ. from wisconsin and looking for a company that will take them. Roadway said they would but they are kinda pricey, any other ideas??

al cole'holic
05-07-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Blown 472
Anyone know of some that haul from east to west?? I just sold two cylinder blocks that have to go to AZ. from wisconsin and looking for a company that will take them. Roadway said they would but they are kinda pricey, any other ideas??
..what kind of weight you talkin each??

Blown 472
05-07-2004, 07:42 PM
bout 230 each and he wants them on one pallet

Debbolas
05-07-2004, 07:47 PM
Did you try Yellow Freight?

Dr. Eagle
05-07-2004, 08:08 PM
Fed Ex...
Fed Ex (http://www.fedex.com/us/about/advertising/tvads/dramawm.html?link=4)

al cole'holic
05-07-2004, 09:03 PM
bout 230 each and he wants them on one pallet
..they'll ding you a little bit because it's metal and will be non-stackable. I would check with EDI and Old Dominion, if at all possible get it shipped from and to a business address..maybe try a business that has an account set up already with a freight company. :D

DansBlown73Nordic
05-07-2004, 09:45 PM
The only CHEAP way is to ship on someones discount. The companys that ship a huge amount of stuff get a HUGE discount.
Also ship terminal to terminal. And ship it Deferred.....That means you don't care how fast it comes. It will make a big difference.