View Full Version : Water hose routing

Badburn
04-02-2006, 06:51 AM
I'm a little stumped over what a lot of you guys probably will call a no brainer, no laughing please. :rollside: I'm putting one of the B&M 174 blowers on my 1989 Carrera (454). The thing I am unsure of is, the big cast iron water neck looking thing that has 6 hoses coming out of it. It has to bolt on next to the blower snout, and i'm pretty sure one or more of the hoses are going to present a clearance problem. I have seen other motors that dont have this piece (it appears to be some kind of thermastat, or re-circulation system). If I eliminate it, where the heck do I run all the hoses?

Hallett
04-02-2006, 07:12 AM
Are you sure you want to run that 174 on that
big heavy boat. i would not but thats my 02 worth.

502 JET
04-02-2006, 07:37 PM
You will need a new thermostat housing.Check out the attachment from Eddie Marine for the routing info.

Daytona100
04-02-2006, 07:49 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1542engine_shot_002.jpg I'm a little stumped over what a lot of you guys probably will call a no brainer, no laughing please. :rollside: I'm putting one of the B&M 174 blowers on my 1989 Carrera (454). The thing I am unsure of is, the big cast iron water neck looking thing that has 6 hoses coming out of it. It has to bolt on next to the blower snout, and i'm pretty sure one or more of the hoses are going to present a clearance problem. I have seen other motors that dont have this piece (it appears to be some kind of thermastat, or re-circulation system). If I eliminate it, where the heck do I run all the hoses? Just do it like I do. :rollside: