PDA

View Full Version : Turn Your Radio Down

Kilrtoy
05-08-2004, 11:28 PM
So as im putting the boat back on the trailer at the ramp today, This loser in a early 80's looking bayliner tells me to turn my radio down. I ignore the prick , YEAH RIGHT, I'll turn it down. The wife said maybe it was to loud and people were trying to launch and retrieve their boats and I may have messed them up.
I was like, If my radio messed them up, THEY HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING THERE. It takes me and the wife less than one minute once the trailer hits the water til the trailer and boat are heading up the ramp.
Thats my bitch for the day.:rolleyes:

Blown 472
05-09-2004, 12:08 AM
Kila, you hard ass.:D

Phat Matt
05-09-2004, 03:37 AM
Were you bumpin' some good tunes at least? :)

JetBoatRich
05-09-2004, 06:27 AM
Kilrtoy, always stirring crap up:rolleyes: even at the ramps;)

Mandelon
05-09-2004, 06:30 AM
I hope it was some rap song with lots of profanities, and you told them they should know better than to let their kids listen to it....
:D :D

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
THEY HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING THERE. rolleyes:
Well I think you hit it on the head with that statement.

Debbolas
05-09-2004, 07:40 AM
What was on your radio?
(jk/;) )

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Debbolas
What was on your radio?
(jk/;) )
Probably just a little Gangsta Rap... You know Kilr....

Debbolas
05-09-2004, 07:48 AM
Sinatra?
jk/;)

Wet Dream
If I'm on a launch ramp whether its loading or unloading and I need to communicate with the driver or my kids for whatever reason, the last thing I want is some asshole with the radio cranked up making matters difficult. Consider it common courtesy to be polite and do things without "making waves" so to speak.

Dr. Eagle
Sinatra?
jk/;)
ABBA?
;)

Debbolas
05-09-2004, 07:52 AM
Bay City Rollers?

AdrenelineOD
05-09-2004, 07:57 AM
C`mon Kilrtoy you know what to put on when they bitch about music. Did you do it?:D

AdrenelineOD
05-09-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Wet Dream
If I'm on a launch ramp whether its loading or unloading and I need to communicate with the driver or my kids for whatever reason, the last thing I want is some asshole with the radio cranked up making matters difficult. Consider it common courtesy to be polite and do things without "making waves" so to speak. Your rite but it`s just so funny to watch the worms wiggle

TheLurker
05-09-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Wet Dream
Consider it common courtesy to be polite and do things without "making waves" so to speak.
Could not agree more.
Unfortunately from what I’ve been reading lately the boating lifestyle I enjoy, kicking back in the sun, riding on the boat, drinking some beer and watching the boats and people go by
is under assault and common courtesy is loosing out to the
F*** you I'll do what I want attitude.

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by TheLurker
F*** you I'll do what I want attitude.
Yeah, that's pretty much the way I operate........ LOL.....;)
I'd probably turn it up and put on some Zappa....;)

Scream
05-09-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Yeah, that's pretty much the way I operate........ LOL.....;)
I'd probably turn it up and put on some Zappa....;)
"Wrist watch, Crisco"!!!
And all that from beatiful sunny downtown Cucamonga. I knew I liked this city.

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Scream
"Wrist watch, Crisco"!!!
And all that from beatiful sunny downtown Cucamonga. I knew I liked this city.
Course then theres always
Crew Slut
Why Does it Hurt When I Pee
Token of My Extreme
Nanook of the North
Cosmic Debris
Dungeon of Despair
The list is much longer, but equally distinguished.......
LOL

Kilrtoy
05-09-2004, 08:56 AM
It takes me and the wife less than one minute once the trailer hits the water til the trailer and boat are heading up the ramp.
Well this yahoo was trying to put the boat into the water before I even dropped the wife off to go and get the truck. She walked to the parking lot, got the truck, waited in line and then came down. Im sorry, I can retrieve a boat faster than most boaters take to turn the key, to the on position.
Hell yes It was bumping, Actually my radio is not that loud.
But it was on full,
GEORGE STRAIT was playing.
Im wondering if he told the guy in the blown HTM that was louder than my radio to turn his engine off??????????? :confused: :confused: :confused:
BLOWN, I NEVER act hard......
I've already proved that to the wife...... :D

gnarley
05-09-2004, 08:56 AM
THEY HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING THERE. It takes me and the wife less than one minute once the trailer hits the water til the trailer and boat are heading up the ramp.
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Well I think you hit it on the head with that statement.
Jeez you guys, didn't you start the hard way too? If no one was a newbe no one would ever get enough experience to be on the water. It seems to me I have even read of a few peeps here who have a hard time and the dealers who should know how to launch and retrieve.
Be cool and lighten up a little. :p

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by gnarley
Jeez you guys, didn't you start the hard way too? If no one was a newbe no one would ever get enough experience to be on the water. It seems to me I have even read of a few peeps here who have a hard time and the dealers who should know how to launch and retrieve.
Be cool and lighten up a little. :p
Point is, some people never get it.... I see the same people year after year at the boat ramp all struggling to get their boats (mostly Bayliners) on the trailer... WTF??? Yeah, I wasn;t the best at first, but I figured it out in one or two seasons...

Kilrtoy
05-09-2004, 09:05 AM
If no one was a newbe no one would ever get enough experience to be on the water
When we first got into boating, we would go to parking lots and The wife would practice backing the boat into parking stalls and driving around in reverse.
That may sound stupid, but we wanted to be courteous boaters and not take up everyone's time at the launch ramp. She learned extremely quick. Maybe other people should try this....

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 09:06 AM
If no one was a newbe no one would ever get enough experience to be on the water
When we first got into boating, we would go to parking lots and The wife would practice backing the boat into parking stalls and driving around in reverse.
That may sound stupid, but we wanted to be courteous boaters and not take up everyone's time at the launch ramp. She learned extremely quick. Maybe other people should try this....
That's kind of the point, you and I realized that we needed to learn something. Some people don't seem to grasp that concept and just think taking 20 minutes to put a boat on the trailer is normal.:mad: :p

Tom Brown
05-09-2004, 09:21 AM
Kilr, do you flip your neighbors off as you pull donuts on their lawns at 4 am?

MudPumper
05-09-2004, 09:23 AM
I did this with my girl so she could learn. Big empty parking lot, a couple of orange cones. Walla, she can back it up!!! The boat ramp is NOT the place to learn how to pull/back a trailer. Too many people, too many expensive trucks and boats to be doing that shit. I have seen many accidents on the ramp because of inexperience. There is a lot going on especially on a busy weekend, lots of distractions for somebody who is already nervouse about backing because they don't have much experience. Practice in an empty parking lot, gain confidence, then go to the ramp.

Tom Brown
05-09-2004, 09:26 AM
Oh yeah... George Strait sucks. :D

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 09:44 AM
See MP... that's what I think Kilr and I know I was saying. What you don't know, practice. I used to take my wife over to the launch ramp during the week on a day off and we'd practice when no one was around. It took care of the doddling on the ramp quickly.
Many people don't think they are doing anything wrong taking a third of an hour to launch and retrieve. And taking up precious dock space while doing it.
And as for you Tom Brown, I bet Kilr blows them a kiss while he is doing donuts at 4am too...;)

Kilrtoy
05-09-2004, 09:44 AM
Kilr, do you flip your neighbors off as you pull donuts on their lawns at 4 am
Hell no
At that time im running around a burning cross, wearing a white sheet. Just kidding...

Tom Brown
05-09-2004, 09:46 AM
White powa! I knew you was my kind of people Kilr. :D

Flying Tiger
05-09-2004, 09:54 AM
It's like telling kids at Disneyland to quit smileing and laughing.

FRENCHIE
05-09-2004, 09:55 AM
i bet it was really Britney!:D

Kilrtoy
05-09-2004, 10:03 AM
i bet it was really Britney
That was last year
It's like telling kids at Disneyland to quit smileing and laughing
Bastards, who let them have fun at the happest place on earth.

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
So does Avril Levine........:p

77charger
05-09-2004, 10:27 AM
[B] GEORGE STRAIT was playing.
Im wondering if he told the guy in the blown HTM that was louder than my radio to turn his engine off??????????? :confused: :confused: :confused:
Aint nothing wrong with playing that.Turn it up louder next time.

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by 77charger
Aint nothing wrong with playing that.Turn it up louder next time.
Or you could put in Toby Keith and crank it..... maybe the yutz would have heard it over the HTM...:p

Kim Hanson
05-09-2004, 11:55 AM
I like my music loud and Kiltroy, I would have told him to fock off also.........( . )( . )......:cool:

Kilrtoy
05-09-2004, 12:25 PM
I just ignored him, I don't like to get into it with people.
maybe I need to start yelling at people that cant launch and retrieve their shit.
Have not done a lwan job since I was a kid.....

DeltaSigBoater
05-09-2004, 03:01 PM
So as im putting the boat back on the trailer at the ramp today, This loser in a early 80's looking bayliner tells me to turn my radio down. I ignore the prick , YEAH RIGHT, I'll turn it down. The wife said maybe it was to loud and people were trying to launch and retrieve their boats and I may have messed them up.
I was like, If my radio messed them up, THEY HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING THERE. It takes me and the wife less than one minute once the trailer hits the water til the trailer and boat are heading up the ramp.
Thats my bitch for the day.:rolleyes:
Having ones radio cranked up while putting the boat on the trailer is no different than loading a boat on the trailer with over the transom headers.
Loser w/ early 80's bayliner "ah...excuse me but can you turn your boat down it's kinda loud."

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 03:02 PM
Have not done a lwan job since I was a kid.....
So you're saying its been a couple of weeks?????;)

Debbolas
05-09-2004, 03:05 PM
Do I need to post my "lets eat lunch at the ramp" story.
Or the one with the 300lb chick launching and falling off her lake lice.....and getting back on......and falling off again......and getting back on............and falling off again (all in the ramp area, so no one els could launch)
I learned on lake lice (because we had that before our boats)
I could drive to the lake, launch my ski (which isn't that easy with a truck, you have to put the tailgate down, or you can't see the ski) No problem. I didn't get ready in the lane, I got ready in the "get ready lane"
With our little Sea Ray, I would put the boat on and take it off the trailer...No problem....
With our new HUGE boat, I am kinda nervous about putting our new "baby" on the trailer, so I will back down the ramp.
(so if you see me please don't yell at me)
But there will always be someone that can't do it as well as you.....be patient and take note so you can type their stories up here. (IMO asking you to turn your radio down, is a little silly)
;)

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 03:09 PM
Well Deb, fine advice. I am going to turn up the radio on my Lake Lice at the launch ramp too........ LOL

Debbolas
05-09-2004, 03:13 PM
uh,
K
(I don't think they have radios)
((of course I haven't owned one in a LONG TIME!!!)
lol ;)

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 03:16 PM
uh,
K
(I don't think they have radios)
((of course I haven't owned one in a LONG TIME!!!)
lol ;)
You haven't seen my pimp machines.......

Debbolas
05-09-2004, 03:18 PM
?
:confused:

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 03:19 PM
?
:confused:
My sea doos with the 500 watt stereos and depthfinders....

Debbolas
05-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Do they go 100 mph?
:D

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 03:20 PM
Do they go 100 mph?
:D
Yeah, cuz they got through hull exhaust.......

Debbolas
05-09-2004, 03:34 PM
oh good!
I can't wait to ride them!
;)

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 03:39 PM
oh good!
I can't wait to ride them!
;)
They are picklefork hydros too......;)

Debbolas
05-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Do they have NOs?

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 03:40 PM
Do they have NOs?
Of course.,,,,,,,

Debbolas
05-09-2004, 03:41 PM
cooll:D

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 03:42 PM
cooll:D
They are way cool.....;)

Debbolas
05-09-2004, 03:44 PM
way,way C:cool: :cool: L

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 03:46 PM
way,way C:cool: :cool: L
The turbine powered one is still in the shop...

Debbolas
05-09-2004, 03:47 PM
must be a big ski.....................

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 03:48 PM
must be a big ski.....................
It is loud and makes a lot of steam......

ratso
05-09-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
Tom...Dem Dere's Fightin' words...:D

Debbolas
05-09-2004, 03:49 PM
for the steam whistle!

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 03:50 PM
for the steam whistle!