PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum boats coming to CFW

Aluminum Squirt
05-09-2004, 12:48 AM
I'm not sure if this is set in stone but the World Jetboat Finals are coming to Norcal from June 19-June 25. On Sunday June 20 we will be having 88 miles of circle racing at Camp Far West. We would love a big turnout and it would be a chance for all of you fiberglass guys to come see some aluinum hull race boats. My boat is slow and ugly but some of the upper class boats are beautiful and will be running well over 100 MPH. You won't get to see any of us crush any white water but there should be some entertaining side by side racing. Come join us-Aluminum Squirt
see here for info: www.jetboatracing.com/Fitters500.htm

squirt
05-09-2004, 02:00 AM
Way Cool!!!! Bring it!!! If you al guys get home sick, just head up the feeder arm and you can find some big old granite slabs you can bounce off of:D Is this a for sure thing??? If it is I'll make sure to make it up there for that weekend...should be fun. Wonder if you can coax some flats & hydros into some of the fun:D
Don

BigBoyToys
05-09-2004, 04:16 AM
Are you talkin' about that racing I read about in the Colusa newspaper? Heard that the whitewater boats are coming back to NorCal running through marysville (Feather River) and into Colusa (Sacramento River) and points unknown....I think the article said it was in June. I saved the article but can't find it now or else I'd post it:confused: . Now at CFW Too???? 88 Miles at CFW on June 20th? Uh, um....not in the cove is it?

Jungle Boy
05-09-2004, 06:15 AM
This race will be a great opportunity for some the guys here to check out the tin boat action. 500 miles of racing over 6 days.

Cavefish
05-09-2004, 06:22 AM
Here's a link to the schedule:
http://www.jetboatracing.com/Fitters500.htm
Oops! I see that Jeff already did that!
How much water on those granite slabs?

Aluminum Squirt
05-09-2004, 10:27 AM
BigBoyTots, its all the same deal. The worlds is the entire week and we will be racing at CFW, the Yuba, Feather and Sac rivers. Different venues each day. I'm not familiar with CFW so I have no idea if its in the cove-Aluminum Squirt
PS-Squirt, I'll race any hydro or flat..........but I get to pick the place and I garuntee its going to be in about 2.7 inches of water

Oldsquirt
05-09-2004, 10:44 AM
Considereing the fact that June 20 is Father's Day and there is a big hot boat gathering at CFW that weekend, you should have a big crowd on hand to watch. This also why BBT asked if it was going to take place in 1/4 Mile Cove, as that is where the hot rod guys will be hanging out and making passes.

Cas
05-09-2004, 11:35 AM
Cool! I've been wanting to see the Al guys run for a couple of years now. I really wasn't planning on CFW on Father's Day and that still may be the case since you will be running the river too.
Gotta see that river thing!