PDA

View Full Version : Ati

shaun
05-09-2004, 08:09 AM
Cant wait anylonger the machinest is waiting for these parts. I was about to place a order on jegs but decided i would as here first adn see if anybody had one they were selling that they wanted to get ride of. I'm looking for a ATI External Balanced Super Dampner for a 454 BBC.
Or if somebody knows a place i can get a better price on one.

Infomaniac
05-09-2004, 09:29 AM
cstraub69 offered this up: Shaun, $249 for a ROMAC, SFI approved, Made in Austrailia.
He is in the parts mfg business and knows everyone.
Doug Herbert or Flatlander racing for the ATI.

shaun
05-09-2004, 10:13 AM
Infomaniac, thanks for the info, i did see that. I've been doing alot of research over the last week about dampners and i have noticed that just about every Hi-Pref engine i have seen the specs for always run a ATI. Also many of you guys here run ATI as well and recommend it.
I know i'm not going to be pushing a huge amount of HP but i might as well buy a good one now and not have to worry about it when/if i ever decide to go with more power.

Cole Sanger
05-09-2004, 10:19 AM
99% of the time Summit has the same parts as Jegs and is cheaper on the part and handling charge. Maybe only a few cents cheaper, but it all adds up. Make sure that you don't need any more parts before you order. You will save having everything on one order, otherwise you will have to pay multiple handling charges. Make sure you need the externally ballanced with your builder. Also, I like to buy off the internet so I don't have to pay tax. Paying the $8-10 shipping/handling charge on say $1000 is a lot cheaper than paying the tax on that same $1000 (8% taxed on $1000 = $80 tax = total $1080).