PDA

View Full Version : Do you download music?

ryantparks
05-09-2004, 10:16 AM
Id love to make some more cds but havent done it in about a year due to the lawsuits. Do you guys do it? Should I worry about it just for downloading maybe 50 or so songs? I was checking out Limewire and it says nothing about legality.
Thanks, Ryan

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 10:27 AM
No..... I don't

Coughlin's Law
05-09-2004, 10:30 AM
Ryan,
I just found this site that has a ton of Free, Legal Live concerts that bands have allowed their fans to tape and distribute.
I stubbled across the site looking for some Jack Johnson tunes because the guy only has 2 CD's and I've wanted more and found a ton of his concerts that fans have recorded and uploaded to this site.
I thought the guality would of course be horrible since most of these recordings are by fans, but they are actually pretty good. I've already burned a gig he did last summer in San Diego. The quality of these recordings are amazing.
Check it out...
http://www.archive.org/audio/
I did the whole Napster thing, but haven't downloaded anything illegally since their site went legit.

Mrs. Restless22
05-09-2004, 10:32 AM
Im a rebel.....:D

TheLurker
05-09-2004, 01:02 PM
My .25 (inflation) Why not do the I- Tunes thing. $1.00 a song seems pretty cheep.I hear they make it pretty easy and no worry about viruse's

mickeyfinn
05-09-2004, 01:21 PM
Check the binaries newsgroups also. You can find a lot of music there. Some of it is in .mp3 format and some in the .shn format. The shn format is a non lossy format that gives you the same quality as the original. Some of it is legal and some not. A lot of great groups have allowed their music to be released to the public domain.

DUNDUN
05-09-2004, 01:29 PM
I don't download music. I have friends that download music and they just burn me a cd with what they downloaded. I don't want to get in trouble. How many songs do you have to download to get in trouble? I figure like 50 wouldn't kill anyone would it?

DrewDown
05-09-2004, 01:38 PM
Yes, about 7 songs a week on limewire. Don't be a sissy.

FOURQ
05-09-2004, 05:47 PM
i do about 10 cd's a day if you can figure it out you need a program called mirc and then go to www.packetnews.com search for what you want and connect to the network that your cd is on and walla you can download it ... its NOT LEAGAL but it is ALOT HARDER to track you down than they can in all the p2p sites its. i have done it and got over 5000 cd's in over a few years and havent had any problems...