PDA

View Full Version : Good Steak/Meat recipes?

THOR
05-09-2004, 05:00 PM
There was a thread here not too long ago with a recipe that included such things as putting mustard on steak while grilling it. Anyone have any good recipes since we are in the bbq season now?

Debbolas
05-09-2004, 05:12 PM
We have a really good lemon steak we make....
Take a top sirloin
score the steak , cut into the top of each side of the meat in a criss cross fashion...
Juice of one lemon, one lime and one orange
Zest from one lemon, one lime and one orange
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup of soy sauce
Mix the above ingredients together and pour over the steak.
Seal up in a ziplock storage bag, overnight.
When you BBQ, watch the steak, because of the sugar, it will try to burn...
Yum!
:D

Pee Dub
05-09-2004, 05:25 PM
Zest?

Debbolas
05-09-2004, 05:30 PM
zest,
there is this little tool with tiny holes cut into it and if you drag it across the skin of an orange, lime or lemon, you will get zest.
(you don't want the white part underneath, that is the pith)
Tiny threads of citrius skin. (yum):D

Pee Dub
05-09-2004, 05:38 PM
Thank you for the description. My cooking skills are pretty limited, so terminology sometimes confuses me. My motto is: If it takes longer to cook it than to eat it, then I'm wasting time, unless it's on the smoker or the grill.

fourspeednup
05-09-2004, 05:39 PM
Cluster**** of a steak rub:
lemon pepper--a little
papricka--a whole bunch
black pepper--a bunch
kosher salt--some
sugar--a little
chile powder--how daring are you?
and whatever else you have in the house that seems tasty
mix it all up by adding italian dressing and make a paste out of it
(I recomend drinking heavily during all stages of steak preparation as it will allow you to add twice as much stuff as you normally would sober especially if you are on a diet, if so this will taste even better)
Here's a tip...after doing the marinate/season/rub thing, quickly sear the meat in a frying pan to essentially seal it up.
Finish the cooking on a BBQ to the desired level of "doneness" By searing it before cooking, all the juices and flavors stay inside instead of dripping away.
Note: I take no responsibility for sending your cholesterol levels through the roof;)

fourspeednup
05-09-2004, 05:40 PM
Haha, I forgot about the language filter!:D :D

Scream
05-09-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
zest,
there is this little tool with tiny holes cut into it and if you drag it across the skin of an orange, lime or lemon, you will get zest.
(you don't want the white part underneath, that is the pith)
Tiny threads of citrius skin. (yum):D
you can use the small holes of a cheese grater for this as well. The rind, or zest, contains oils that really add a lot of flavor.
FYI
Scream <---- Proof that fat people can cook

Debbolas
05-09-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Pee Dub
Thank you for the description. My cooking skills are pretty limited, so terminology sometimes confuses me. My motto is: If it takes longer to cook it than to eat it, then I'm wasting time, unless it's on the smoker or the grill.
Don't feel bad, I didn't know what zest was it was until I married Mr. Scream.....
L;) L

HOSS
05-09-2004, 06:06 PM
Ruth Chris`

Flying Tiger
05-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Equal amounts of Soy Sauce and white sugar. Then some chopped green onion, garlic, seseme seed oil, pepper and ginger to taste. Warm and stir until mixed.
Awsum overnight beef marinade for any steak,, or costco meatballs.
Known in Korea as Pagogy Beef.
Sounds simple,, works awsum.
http://www.americansandassociation.org/myalbum/albun42/P1010013.sized.jpg
The kosher salt and mustard recipe of a past post
http://www.americansandassociation.org/myalbum/albun42/P1010010.sized.jpg
The needler available from northern tool is the key to excellent tri tip.
Another way to prep is: You can needle it, then store it in the refer overnite in olive oil and garlic, then bake.
Awsum results,, again very simple.

HOSS
05-09-2004, 06:13 PM
You could try some Louisiana White snake spit.

Flying Tiger
05-09-2004, 06:16 PM
Or :
"Flames of Satan Jalapeno Death Sauce"

Kilrtoy
05-09-2004, 06:20 PM
Beef, Its whats for dinner
here is there web site
www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com

77charger
05-09-2004, 06:49 PM
for tri tip i use spade L i get it at the albertsons near by the stuff is awesome sprinkle it on about 40 min before then agian when i out on the grill,

Mandelon
05-09-2004, 07:02 PM
Then rub it in raw chicken fecal stew for an unforgettable meal....:rolleyes: :( :D

Debbolas
05-09-2004, 07:26 PM
Did he tell you about that?
There is a trick to it....
;)

Boozer
05-09-2004, 09:33 PM
Anytime you marinade meat you should put the meat and the marinade into a freezer bag and freeze it over night then let it thaw in the fridge the next day. It will suck up all the flavor from the marinade and the flavor will be through every inch of that meat.
I recently read the post about ribs and how slow cooking them makes them taste beeter and come out more tender so I experimented a bit and tried something out.
Take a good amount of honey and mix it up with garlic salt. Use a little or a lot of the salt just depends on your personal taste. Coat the ribs with the honey/garlic salt mix and wrap in foil. Put the ribs in the bar b q on the lowest possible setting. Let them cook for 1 hour. Unwrap the ribs and coat them in a thick layer of your favorite bar b q sauce i also throw on some cayenne pepper to give them a nice kick. Wrap the ribs back up and throw them on for 1 hour. Repeat. At this point the ribs should be cooked well. Turn the grill up to a medium flame coat those suckers in one last thick layer of sauce and cook them unwrapped on the grill for 5-15 minutes depending on how well they were cooked on low flame.
Grill temperatures vary so your ribs may take longer or cook faster. The first time you make them watch them closely and figure out what amount of time works best on your grill. Regardless, the key to good ribs is the slower you cook em the more tender they become. When using the above mentioned technique the meat will literally fall off the bone of the ribs with just a slight touch.
You can also use the above mention cooking method on pork roast and have some of the tastiest pulled pork you'll ever have.

19cobaltcd
05-10-2004, 06:20 AM
We've done this camping out a few time. Quick and easy. Take some big meaty pork country style ribs. Place in bag and cover with Heinz 57 sauce. Let soak for a couple of hours. Put ribs and sauce in foil and wrap tightly. Place in smoker and smoke for 6 to 8 hours depending on your smoker. Start it in the morning, spend your day on the water, and dinner is ready when you get back.

Debbolas
05-10-2004, 06:29 AM
Wow, that sounds like a Good easy meal!
We will have to try that!
;)

BiggusJimbus
05-10-2004, 06:46 AM
Super easy, super good...
Flank steak for Fajitas or whatever...
Marinade...
1 cup soy sauce
1 bottle of beer
6 (or more) cloves crushed garlic.
Marinade 2 - 3 hours. More is not needed.
Barbecue to a nice medium doneness.
Slice thinly across the grain.
Killer. Hard to believe how good it is, considering the ease.

91nordic29
05-10-2004, 08:45 AM
sprinkle steaks with chili powder, cumin. garlic powder and dont be shy. drizzle some olive oil over the steaks and turn until evenly coated. let marinate for hour ort more and grill as usual.:cool:
soak pork ribs in 7 - up for a couple hours (even overnight) and then grill as you normally would. extra tender!

jackpunx
05-10-2004, 09:07 AM
IM STARVING NOW!!!!