PDA

View Full Version : Engine for sale

Terrible Buddhist
08-27-2001, 10:37 AM
hey guys...posting this for a friend...let me know if you are interested...
this weekend I turned up the boost to 16 lbs and almost flipped my boat over
.. iT SCARED ME SO BAD i DECIDED TO QUIT GOING SO FAST IN A BOAT THAT WAS NOT
DESIGNED TO. I am going to sell my engine complete and put in a stock 454.
Dont know if your interested but I will take a terrible loss on it. I want
to sell it now befor I change my mind. It would be wise for you to examine
exactly what you will spend on your new motor before you spend a arm and a
leg like I did. It is a 526 c.i. all aluminum keith black chevrolet with
oliver billet rods,callies pro crank.je pistons,brodix cnc'd heads, T&D shaft
rocker assy. with spring oilers,bowtie valve covers, jesel belt drive with
aircraft driven fuel pump, and complete gentry twinn turbo system with 830
holleys .I spent about$32000 on engine. It has 30 hrs on it and still
perfect. Cranks and runs like a stocker. Will take $18000 for it complete. I have a really trick sheet metel intake
that would really pick up the power without bringing up the boost . This
engine is awsomely powerful with only 14 lbs boost . About $2500 worth of
braided line on it.

superdave013
08-27-2001, 02:33 PM
Wow, that would be a deal. A new race areo turbo set up goes for around 13,000. And that is not including the engine. I bet that engine cost over 15,000 with out the turbo stuff. It sure would be nice in my Schiada. Oh well. What kind of boat was this in??

warlock25
10-11-2001, 07:19 PM
do you still have the motor for sale? please let me know.

ponponracing
10-11-2001, 08:47 PM
A lot of goodies in there. I can't even considere selling an engine like this, it's too much money to start with.

Unchained
10-12-2001, 04:15 AM
Whenever I hear aluminum block I start drooling. Where's my checkbook ? Post a pic of that mill.

ponponracing
10-12-2001, 04:20 AM
What boat were you using, Terrible?

gimprvr
10-12-2001, 10:09 AM
What kind of Horsepower is it putting out? What kind of Boat was it in? Outdrive, Jet....?

Terrible Buddhist
10-23-2001, 07:42 AM
I think he had it in a flat bottom...if there is interest I will get a picture and post it.

superdave013
10-23-2001, 08:30 AM
Terrible Buddhist, In your frist post it said "iT SCARED ME SO BAD i DECIDED TO QUIT GOING SO FAST IN A BOAT THAT WAS NOT
DESIGNED TO". Now you say you think it was in a flatbottom. Uh, I thought they were only designed to go fast. I would love to see a pic of this engine!

Terrible Buddhist
10-24-2001, 08:08 AM
Like I said I posted it for a friend...but I have never seen the boat itself. I assumed from the way he was talking it is a flat bottom, but if those things are not on the right water they can get scarry...if you are interested in the motor, I will get some pics to post, if you are not, I would rather not.

superdave013
10-24-2001, 08:18 AM
Well I'm building a twin turbo engine right now and it would be helpfull to see a pic of it. If it's to much trouble don't sweat it. But, if you could maybe e-mail it to me I would be stoked! I would also like to see that other turbo engine that you posted awhile back with out the scoop on it if you could swing it! I'm not using a kit and I only have the turbos. I'm making all the other stuff myself so that's why I am looking at every set-up I can
Thanks in advance.
sd

Terrible Buddhist
10-25-2001, 05:41 AM
Superdave...actually it would be too much trouble, just because he lives in Alabama and does not have a digital camera...I on the other hand am fortunate enough NOT to live in bama and DO own a digital camera.
I think I can still help you quite a bit though...I recently have gone the same path you are about to embark on...I bought an old gale banks kit...basically for the turbo's and went from there. I am also going to build a 580 twin turbo, fuel injected over the next couple years...I will post some pics soon. any questions I can answer in the mean time?

MKEELINE
10-25-2001, 08:28 AM
I think I have a picture of the motor your talking about. The guy I was talking to was in Louisiana, I was interested in the intercooler from the motor. But anyway, I could get the pictures scanned and e-mail them to you. This motor is VERY trick. I could send some picts of my setup, it's an old PFM twin set up, if interested. Let me know.

schiada96
10-25-2001, 10:34 AM
Superdave
Have you been to www.turbofast.com.au/skiboats.html (http://www.turbofast.com.au/skiboats.html) it has two turbo motors to look at. One uses a cmi exhaust to get it started the outher has a rewarder style exhaust. They use autronic engine systems, pretty cool. I want to use a cmi split top and start from there.
Jeff

superdave013
10-25-2001, 11:19 AM
MKEELINE, I would love to see pics of your set-up. Thanks in advance!
schiada96, It sounds like we want to do the same type of thing. I want to use an waterjacketed exhaust and where the tail pipe connects I plan on making an adpeter to bolt my turbos to. I will put a waste gate flange in this adpter also. Then I'm making a plenum that fits my superchiller (intercooler left over from supercharge days) and having both turbos connected to it. I am going to run carbs only because I'm low on money now and I have one 850 and will only need to get another one. The carb plenums I plan to make myself also. Right now I don't have much time but I still have more time than money!

superdave013
10-25-2001, 11:20 AM
schiada96, oh, thanks for the link!

schiada96
10-25-2001, 12:22 PM
Superdave I manage a large precision sheetmetal/machine shop let me know if I can help with your project.

superdave013
10-25-2001, 01:21 PM
schiada96, thanks for the offer! I have my own mill and lathe at my house and plan to make everything myself. But I will need to have some welding done!

pgf127rt
10-25-2001, 07:04 PM
Superdave, I have an 850 if u are interested contact me thru my email address on the forums.

Unchained
10-28-2001, 04:08 PM
SD, at Chassisshop.com they have a real nice polished 4BBl to turbo adapter. I got one on my dune buggy. You can buy turbo's , wastegates anything you want there.

warlock25
10-29-2001, 08:29 PM
Is this engine still for sale. Where are you located. I'm from the Southern Ca. area.

GSR
10-30-2001, 11:15 AM
test

Terrible Buddhist
11-26-2001, 12:16 PM
sorry I have been MIA guys. yes the engine is still for sale...I have all the specs on it, if you want them, e-mail me @ kmenard@foxytravel.com.
Also I am looking for some one that can make waterjacketes exhaust pipes that would go from the turbo over the transom.