PDA

View Full Version : Lake Elsinore?

Big Bear
05-10-2004, 01:06 PM
Anybody have any info on Lake Elsinore? I have been hearing nothing but bad things lately. Is it even worth taking the boat for a day? If anybody knows anything, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ntwotrance
05-10-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Big Bear
Anybody have any info on Lake Elsinore? I have been hearing nothing but bad things lately. Is it even worth taking the boat for a day? If anybody knows anything, it would be appreciated. Thanks!
check hot spots west, a lot of info there regarding the lake.

mirvin
05-10-2004, 01:11 PM
Hey BigBear, you should just go to Castaic;)
I've been to Elinore 3 times in the last couple months and it's not as bad as i had always heard, but it's not as nice as Castaic.
That said, Elsinore has a speed zone and you can drink;)
If you wanna go fast and have a beer then Elsinore is the place, if not, Castaic is a nicer lake.
mirvin;)

Big Bear
05-10-2004, 01:28 PM
Thanks! I go to Castaic because it is big enough for my boat and close to home. I have a cousin who lives out towards Elsinore and wants me to bring the boat out there. Is a 28 footer too big for Elsinore.? I've heard it is a decent sized lake. Thanks for the .02.

Ntwotrance
05-10-2004, 01:29 PM
Thanks! I go to Castaic because it is big enough for my boat and close to home. I have a cousin who lives out towards Elsinore and wants me to bring the boat out there. Is a 28 footer too big for Elsinore.? I've heard it is a decent sized lake. Thanks for the .02.
we'll be out there this saturday, if your interested let me know

Debbolas
05-10-2004, 01:32 PM
We will be there too, as well as AHHELL and his neighbor!
:D

mirvin
05-10-2004, 01:35 PM
You'll be fine in Elsinore. Just stay away from the edges. I scratched up my prop trolling the shoreline but the bottom is pretty soft.
I've seen some big boats there and have never heard of a problem. Sounds like there's gonna be a group out this weekend. I might have to get out witcha!
mirvin;)

Big Bear
05-10-2004, 01:46 PM
This Saturday does not work for me. This Sunday or the following Saturday might though.

Debbolas
05-10-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
You'll be fine in Elsinore. Just stay away from the edges. I scratched up my prop trolling the shoreline but the bottom is pretty soft.
I've seen some big boats there and have never heard of a problem. Sounds like there's gonna be a group out this weekend. I might have to get out witcha!
mirvin;)
We can practice for OP6C!
(except we will have kids, and we have to leave at 1pm)
:D