PDA

View Full Version : Spam - 74 Hallett For Sale

Tom Foolery
05-10-2004, 01:14 PM
I recently picked up a new boat, unfortunately that means that my jet has to go.
1974 19' Hallett Bubbledeck
468 BBC
Berkley JG with Droop and Manual Diverter
Boat Motor and Interior are all in good condition.
Asking $7500
If you are interested please give me a call (310) 415-0154 or shoot me an email.
Link to Boat Trader Online Add. (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/1/6/71298716.htm)
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1979Dscn2291-med.jpg http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1979pump-med.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1979IMG_5916-med.JPG http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1979IMG_5911-med.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1979IMG_5910-med.JPG

disco_charger
05-10-2004, 08:16 PM
I have seen this boat. If anyone is looking for a really nice ride, this is it. If I had known how much it was going to cost to redo my tug, I'd have burned it and bought this boat. So Mr Foolery, what'd you get? Brandon's Sea Ray? ;)

flat broke
05-10-2004, 10:31 PM
Mr. Foolery saw the light and upgraded to a Daycruiser :D I'll let him spill the details, but I recall something about a guy named howard, some hairdryers, and this spining thingy on the bottom of the boat...
Chris

XClutchboy725
05-11-2004, 03:48 AM
Say it isn't so.....:(
We jetters truely are a dying breed. :yuk:
Congrats on the new ride Erik!

Hotcrusader76
05-11-2004, 03:50 AM
Crossing over to the dark side...:rolleyes:

Tom Foolery
05-11-2004, 06:54 AM
Yeah, I guess I have crossed over to the darkside. But I'll never lose my love for jets too!
Disco, Unfortunately brandon sold the sea ray it before i was ready to upgrade so I had to settle for this
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1979Howard_Trader_Picture-med.jpg
I need to get some good pics of the boat. For now the one from the trader ad will have to do.

disco_charger
05-11-2004, 07:10 AM
Well done, Erik. That's a nice ride. As clean as your Hallet is, it's got to be killing you to sell it. :frown: If I were seriously in the market, we'd be talking. I do really like your boat.

hd&boatrider
05-11-2004, 07:15 AM
I am curious as to the top end speed you have gotten out of the Hallet. What type of headers are they, Basset?

Tom Foolery
05-11-2004, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by disco_charger
Well done, Erik. That's a nice ride. As clean as your Hallet is, it's got to be killing you to sell it. :frown: If I were seriously in the market, we'd be talking. I do really like your boat.
Yeah, I was working on it last weekend (changing oil, charging batteries & etc) & I was trying to think of ways to keep it. I will be very sad to see it go. Lots of good memories with that boat.

Tom Foolery
05-11-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
I am curious as to the top end speed you have gotten out of the Hallet. What type of headers are they, Basset?
The best GPS # I've seen was 73. But that was ideal conditions (cool air, low gas, just me) and a different cam. As it is now it will run high 60's anytime & any conditions with 70 probably being the the max.
The headers are Rewarders and have less than a season on them.

HotHallet
05-11-2004, 08:36 AM
SOMEBODY NEEDS TO JUMP ON THIS. THIS HALLETT IS ONE CLEAN RIDE AND HAS THE BEST OF EVERYTHING. IT IS A GOOD SOLID AND DEPENDABLE RIVER BOAT. HOW CAN YOU GO WRONG! I MEAN ITS A HALLETT!!!!

disco_charger
05-11-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by XClutchboy725
Say it isn't so.....:(
We jetters truely are a dying breed. :yuk:
Congrats on the new ride Erik!
Some of us are thinking about buying other bigger boats, so you don't try to use them as a fender! :yuk: ;)

hd&boatrider
05-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Hey DC....I am thinking about this boat. I really don't need another one but it sure would be fun for the river. Ever since I got rid of the Southwind I have been depressed about it.
Hmmmmmmmm

hack job
05-11-2004, 01:08 PM
you couldnt ask for a nicer boat its pretty damn sweet!

XClutchboy725
05-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Some of us are thinking about buying other bigger boats, so you don't try to use them as a fender! :yuk: ;)
I knew the minute that happened I would NEVER live it down! :p

Hustler
05-11-2004, 01:29 PM
Hey DC....I am thinking about this boat. I really don't need another one but it sure would be fun for the river. Ever since I got rid of the Southwind I have been depressed about it.
Hmmmmmmmm
Hey Tom, If your thinking about another jet for the river area this boat is very sweet and "Turn Key":D

Rubths
05-11-2004, 01:43 PM
That is a very nice boat and from what I hear nice Hallets are worth more than your asking. Sure do look alot like a Miller:p
Good luck selling;)

Tom Foolery
05-11-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Rubths
That is a very nice boat and from what I hear nice Hallets are worth more than your asking. Sure do look alot like a Miller:p
Good luck selling;)
Thanks for the kind words guys.
As for the price, its only worth what someone is willing to pay. I have more into the boat than I'm asking & I don't expect to get it back. Its just part of the deal when you put money into a boat.
I looked around at the other similiar boats & it seems to be a fair price to ask & my bank account could sure use some help after buying the Howard. :D

hd&boatrider
05-11-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Hustler
Hey Tom, If your thinking about another jet for the river area this boat is very sweet and "Turn Key":D
I would hope so as we all know what "turn key" means now, right :)

HotHallet
05-11-2004, 04:37 PM
this one truly is! Needs nothing. Hook it up, head to the river, drop her in and turn the key and go.

disco_charger
05-11-2004, 09:32 PM
I would hope so as we all know what "turn key" means now, right :)
I remember what "turn key" meant with the other boat. If you're serious about this one Tom, I'd put my name on it. I wasn't blowing smoke about buying it if I were looking. I know Erik and he's a stand up dude. He would pass off crap and call it something else. This boat is also faster than that Southwind was and I might even say cleaner too. I really like it a lot. PM me if you're serious about it, and maybe we can hook up and have a beer too since I don't live to far away from you now! :D

hd&boatrider
05-11-2004, 09:58 PM
I remember what "turn key" meant with the other boat. If you're serious about this one Tom, I'd put my name on it. I wasn't blowing smoke about buying it if I were looking. I know Erik and he's a stand up dude. He would pass off crap and call it something else. This boat is also faster than that Southwind was and I might even say cleaner too. I really like it a lot. PM me if you're serious about it, and maybe we can hook up and have a beer too since I don't live to far away from you now! :D
I hear you Brian. By the time I was done with that Southwind it was running and looking awesome. I think I told you my brother wouldn't take a NO and insisted on buying it from me. He has had nothing but good times with it and runs it up at Naciemento, San Antonio and the Delta. The Hallett would be a river runner for me at times but would also be ultimitely for my son. Sort of like a carrot to dangle in front of him and reward him for positive strides he has been making. Something to move towards. He is 19 and doing pretty well these days all things considering. I need to think about it and make sure this is something that won't backfire on me. I don't mean the condition of the boat but just maybe giving him too much. I totally trust your opinion Brian. That is not an issue and the boat looks very clean. The scoop looks a little much for me though but I like the colors and seat layout. About that beer....check your PM
TOM F: I will think about this and make up my mind this weekend if I want to seriously pursue the boat. If so I will get in touch with you next week. If it is sold by then I guess I snoozed and lost. Just want to make sure I am doing the right thing here more for my son than me. Right now I am just thinking of getting on the lake this weekend. I will discuss it with my son and see how he feels about it. I wonder what he will want me to do....lol You run straight pipes or do you baffle them?

Tom Foolery
05-12-2004, 06:49 AM
The Pipes have baffles in them but they are easily removed if you want more sound. (Its not noise :D )
If you decide you are interested feel free to call me & talk about it.

Tom Foolery
05-12-2004, 06:50 AM
Thanks Disco, your check is in the mail. ;)

hd&boatrider
05-12-2004, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Tom Foolery
The Pipes have baffles in them but they are easily removed if you want more sound. (Its not noise :D )
If you decide you are interested feel free to call me & talk about it.
Thanks Tom.

Tom Foolery
05-19-2004, 09:37 AM
The boat is still available if anyone is interested :D

flat broke
05-19-2004, 12:00 PM
WTF,
I thought it was sold. Sounds like a little jerkin around to me :( ... Too bad too cause it "sounded" like he was serious.
Hopefully you have the numbers of the people that called while you were holding the boat for the other buyer. Call em back and let em know its still for sale.
Hopefully working out a new sale won't get in the way of your work on the Howie.
Em's got a wedding shower on Saturday so if I don't spend the day in front of the mill working on my tunnel ram top, I'd be down to help ya out.
Chris

HotHallet
05-19-2004, 12:08 PM
Hell yeah!!! Tunnel ram buddy! Its a great club to be in! Two carbs are going to look bitchin sticking through the new custom hatch Yo! Erik-Sorry to hear about the sale falling through but it sounded like you had a lot of action on that thing so its probably as good as sold.

Tom Foolery
05-19-2004, 12:35 PM
No worries.
I did keep their #'s & have already called them back. I have another guy coming to look at it tonight & others who are checking their schedules. So keep your fingers crossed for me.

Tom Foolery
05-19-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by flat broke
WTF,
Em's got a wedding shower on Saturday so if I don't spend the day in front of the mill working on my tunnel ram top, I'd be down to help ya out.
Chris
If you feel like helping I have a few things that could use some attention. (I also provide beer & lunch) ;)

hd&boatrider
05-19-2004, 12:47 PM
WTF,
I thought it was sold. Sounds like a little jerkin around to me :( ... Too bad too cause it "sounded" like he was serious.
Hopefully you have the numbers of the people that called while you were holding the boat for the other buyer. Call em back and let em know its still for sale.
Hopefully working out a new sale won't get in the way of your work on the Howie.
Chris
Hey FB.....I was not jerking TF around and I never called him. Just so you guys know. I am still thinking about it but made no offer or anything like that. If you had a 19 year old son like mine you would understand my hesitancy and wanting to make sure I am doing the right thing. Maybe you were refering to someone else jerking him around but I would never do that to someone. Just clarifying, thats all.
TF--I sure hope you did not hold up a sale based on my posts. If so I feel bad about that.

Tom Foolery
05-19-2004, 01:00 PM
No, It wasn't you HD. There was someone else who was interested. I think they still are interested but have not yet made me an offer, but I have to get the boat outta here.
My parents are being really understanding right now & putting up with 2 of my boats parked at their house, but I don't want to abuse it, so its first one with the cash now.

hd&boatrider
05-19-2004, 01:02 PM
No, It wasn't you HD. There was someone else who was interested. I think they still are interested but have not yet made me an offer, but I have to get the boat outta here.
My parents are being really understanding right now & putting up with 2 of my boats parked at their house, but I don't want to abuse it, so its first one with the cash now.
Thanks TF....I understand what you are saying. You made an offer to them $7,500....what don't they understand :)

flat broke
05-19-2004, 02:38 PM
HD,
Not talking about you. No worries there. Wasn't realy "talkin" about the other person either, just comenting on the scenario as a whole.
Chris

hd&boatrider
05-19-2004, 03:50 PM
HD,
Not talking about you. No worries there. Wasn't realy "talkin" about the other person either, just comenting on the scenario as a whole.
Chris
No biggie....maybe I am paranoid and shit....lol

Tom Foolery
05-20-2004, 06:52 AM
Sold :D :(

hack job
05-20-2004, 06:59 AM
sweet!!!:D

hd&boatrider
05-20-2004, 07:17 AM
Congrats' on the sale TF. I am glad you moved it quick and I was not convinced that getting my boy a fast jet was the best thing to do so it makes it easy for me.

Tom Foolery
05-20-2004, 09:07 AM
Yeah, but I'm still kind of sad to see her go. Its like a woman the best way to get over one is to get into another :D
Only my new woman is called Howard :eek!:

Nucking futs
05-20-2004, 06:01 PM
:cool: :D :cool: that was funny "howard".Its sucks to let one go you put so much time and money in.I know how that feels.Cheer up now you and howie can make new memorys together and im sure you will love it.you will love the ride in that boat. very nice, congrats .......Tim

disco_charger
05-20-2004, 09:48 PM
Lucky buyer, nice boat Erik, don't dissapoint with the new one. You know what happened to Brandon at CBBB2...;)

Tom Foolery
05-21-2004, 06:45 AM
Disco, I'm working on it :D, but my Howard is no Sea Ray!
It might take a few years to get it just how I want it, but thats half the fun.
Right now I'll be glad when I get it all cleaned up and working right. I'm taking the time to check everything so I have some peace of mind when I take it out. Even then I'm sure I'll find some things I missed.

HotHallet
05-21-2004, 10:21 AM
Erik- Time for a new avatar! A shot of the turbo motor maybe!