PDA

View Full Version : Tucker Tire Rocks!!!

Waldo
05-10-2004, 09:16 PM
Carlisle Tires vs. Maxxis Radial Tires
I had Carlisle tires on my tandem trailer with no problems. They worked great for me even though I have heard horror stories.
I took last Friday off to get new tires on the trailer and my truck. Went to the tire shop @ 7am so we could get them on and then head out to Parker. The tire shop was awesome...I got the same size Maxxis as the Carlisles that were on there (215/75x14). They busted it out in less than 1 1/2 hours.
However, the Maxxis tires are quite a bit bigger. I noticed the smoke about 10 miles after we left..:mad: :mad:
The fenders were totally cutting into the tires!!! I probably wouldn't have even made it to Riverside, from Mission Viejo, without blowing at least the two rear tires. Apparently, Maxxis tires (even though the same size as the Carlisles that were on there) are WAY bigger. Take that note down if you buy Maxxis.
We had to turn around (kids asleep and all) and leave the boat at home. Ended up taking us six hours to get to Parker when it normally takes us 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Pretty wierd being at the river and not once going on the water in our boat.:confused: :confused: :confused:
We did check out some places for sale, which was the main reason for going.
I want to give total props to TUCKER TIRE in Laguna Niguel. Not only do they have the best prices around, John (the owner) swapped out smaller size tires today at no charge. He could have easily said "you bought them and told me the size so tough s*&t!". But he not only swapped them out, but was willing to do what he could on Friday afternoon (he only had two tires then) and then swap the other out this week. Bitchen customer service. I have been a customer of theirs for years but know they would have done the same for anyone.
If you are in the need for any tires & wheels whatsoever...call Tucker Tire in Laguna Niguel. (949) 364-3225.
Waldo<--------------Stoked with his customer service from Tucker Tire.

BILLY.B
05-10-2004, 10:21 PM
Tucker Tire also has a shop in Covina. Same family just a different brothers run it. Same great service and great selection. 626-332-1142.

Waldo
05-11-2004, 07:24 AM
YEP.

LOWRIVER2
05-11-2004, 07:39 AM
Highly recommend Tucker Tire. Their service is excellent and they back up what they sell.

jbtrailerjim
05-11-2004, 07:50 AM
Tucker Tire's is awesome. I buy from Jim at the Covina store. He's alway's taken good care of me. I highly recommend them.

Tom Slick
05-11-2004, 08:18 AM
Tucker Tire in Covina is a great shop. My long time buddy Scott is the top sales guy over there, so if you need anything talk to him.

Havasubum
05-11-2004, 11:50 AM
i usually get my tires from jon and he has great prices and is a cool guy

WILDERTHANU
05-11-2004, 03:14 PM
I GREW UP WITH JIM TUCKER'S SON, AND IS A REAL CLOSE FRIEND OF MINE. JIM LIVES UP THE STREET FROM MY PARENTS. THEY WILL TREAT YOU RIGHT AND KNOW THEIR SHIT ABOUT CUSTOM FITS, I DID TIRE AND WHEELS ALL THROUGH HIGH SCHOOL, THERE CAN BE ALOT OF KNOW HOW WHEN IT COMES TO CUSTOM SET-UPS.
KEEPS THE LITTLE GUYS GOING.....
www.tuckertirecompanycom.verizonsupersite.com
http://www.tuckertirecompanycom.verizonsupersite.com/nss-folder/pictures/01text.jpg

LeE ss13
05-11-2004, 04:54 PM
In the '70s I used to race a 64 Plymouth bracket drag race car call "Revolver". One of my favorite competitor was Tom Tucker driving "Tucker's Truck". It was a yellow 59 (I think) Ford Ranchero with a big block. I think we lived at Irwindale Drag Strip back then. I should go look him up.

dossangers
05-11-2004, 05:58 PM
Small world ive bought all my tires from John tucker about 15 years worth got maxxis on the boat trailer now and the ranchero was INJECTED 59 way COOL!!!

Waldo
05-11-2004, 06:18 PM
Yeah, they have old pics of the ranchero in the shop, as well as, many other racing sponsored vehicles.

77charger
05-11-2004, 07:32 PM
Definitely the place to go for a good deal.I know he offers better if cash.But that place can get packed and at times it will take forever.John does know tires well though and can set you up with a tire that is just as good as a big brand tire for 1/2 the price.You know it is busy when john is out back working the tire machine in what use to be clean clothes

cc322
05-11-2004, 08:18 PM
I use them for all my tire needs.John or Brent has always taken care of me. get there early , cause the shop is to small for the business they do,I dont think the one in covina is the same as the one in laguna niguel, any ways they have the best prices.