PDA

View Full Version : Olds guys.

Back Forty
05-11-2004, 05:34 AM
Hello everybody. I want the Olds guys and everybody else to be aware of the new Olds powered boat section on www.realoldspower.com
This site is full of Olds specific information and help. It should provide an excellent source for the Olds power marine crowd. There are several new parts houses supplying Olds stuff over there. Feel free to stop in. I hope it becomes a great asset for the Olds powered jetting crowd.
ROP (http://www.realoldspower.com/phpBB2/index.php)
Thanks,
Chris Somers.

CARLSON-JET
05-11-2004, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the heads up Chris... just my kinda luck .. pulled the olds to replace it with a BBC .. timing is everything..

Back Forty
05-11-2004, 03:38 PM
Man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!!!:wink: :D

rssfla
05-11-2004, 05:36 PM
Thanks BF, I'm right in the middle of a rebuild, I'll check things out!

Checkmate
05-11-2004, 07:21 PM
I see you live in Ohio, where about ? I am from Elyria, which is 30 miles west of Cleveland.
Got a 455 in my 81 Cutlass that I will definately be hopping in on your site when ready to rebuild. I have a buddy named Dave who frequents your site, Take care, Dan.

Back Forty
05-12-2004, 05:52 AM
I'm down in the SW part of the state towards Cincinatti. Are you familiar with
www.hilsingermotorsports.com
Its our local offshore board of sorts. We have quite a few from up around Cleveland. Several are going to PIB this weekend. Will you be at the Cincy poker run?

Checkmate
05-13-2004, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the link, I just registered over there. Hopefully I can hook up w/ some local boaters this summer.
I haven't gotten the boats ready yet. I still have to rebuild the jet and get new tires/ rims for the trailer.
Later, Dan

RENEGADE 3#
05-13-2004, 07:49 PM
Hello im new aruond the cleavland area, is there any hang out spots for old school jet boats. i would like to meet my fellow jet boaters. and is there any drag boat racing out here also? :)

Back Forty
05-14-2004, 06:13 AM
I don't know about localy right there but there is a all invite meet at Alum Creek and Ceasers creek every year that brings out everything between blown hydros, jets and 100mph + cats and such. It was a blast last year. We hit the Ohio often but I'm open this year. I bought a proper tow vehicle for long distance runs so a trip up your way isn't out of the question. I'm going to the Tablerock deal this year also.

Moneypitt
05-14-2004, 08:22 PM
Hey, what about the Olds "V drivers", Yeah, I got an Olds powered V drive....455......screams....... Oh yeah, In ALSO have a BBC 69 Tahiti Jet......... great toys .........Moneypitt

v-drive
05-15-2004, 05:16 AM
pictures of the olds v-drive moneypitt..v-drive

kp216
05-15-2004, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Back Forty
I'm going to the Tablerock deal this year also.
I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but cool... I'll see you there!:D Are you camping or staying in a motel?

Back Forty
05-15-2004, 10:21 AM
Hell yes the Olds V drivers!!!
The first prop Olds powered boat I was around had a 303. A 51 plant in a '56 hull.
I'm partial to all of it! If I didn't have so many irons on the fire I would be stomping around to get that early 60's 394 boat that showed up last month with the crazy zoomy pipes.;)
kp216 campin' at Eaglerock site 06! you..?

kp216
05-15-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Back Forty
kp216 campin' at Eaglerock site 06! you..?
Eaglerock site 30. Gotta have the electricity, don't you know.:D
If you've got site 6, then you'll be right on the water:cool:

Checkmate
05-15-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by RENEGADE 3#
Hello im new aruond the cleavland area, is there any hang out spots for old school jet boats. i would like to meet my fellow jet boaters. and is there any drag boat racing out here also? :)
I myself usually run on the Huron river. It is about 60 miles west of cleve. basically take 90 east to rt 2 east and your there. Where are you located . If you are closer to cleve. (I am 30 miles west) maybe you can let me know if you find good places there. When my buddy gets his boat, we will probably head to the Flats in Cleve, but I won't do it without another boat with me.
Later, Dan:cool:

Moneypitt
05-15-2004, 07:51 PM
Back Forty,
A few years back I had a mid fifties crackerbox. I didn't know what I had at the time, but it had all the hardware for an olds 303/324, and a straight out the bottom,(angled of course) prop shaft........Just about gave it away, and the wooden trailer it was on!! As I said in a PM, where are all the AGS olds motor components..........Those old willys and austins all ran olds's so where are the hot parts???????...........Moneypitt
PS sorry guys, I know this is a jet forum.............

Back Forty
05-16-2004, 08:24 AM
kp216, looking forward to meeting you. I wasn't paying attention to the electric thing. Keeping it simple although I guess that means I can't bring my briar hopper party lights... That kind of blows but ahh... I can do without. Actually I wanted to be as close to the first loud boat to make a racket in the morning as I could get. That's the only thing thats going to get me up early enough to get the boat clean and ready every morning. Otherwise I would be out of it and asleep until late in the afternoon each day and that just won't cut it. As soon as something nasty fires up you'll see me emerge from the sleeping quarters still half asleep, half blind from eye goo but grinin' from ear to ear as I stumble out to catch a look. Thats what I love about these trips. I have a blast but I'm an abused wet towel on the way home...;) High test coffee...:rolleyes:
Play hard I guess :D
Moneypitt, that cracker box would have been right up my alley. I'm more partial to the older Olds stuff and always loved the transom seating with those things. I'm going to do wood at some point in the future. Lots of speed goodies still out there for the early stuff. Olds was the king sh!t back then until the Div pi$$ed in their own soup, bailed out of NASCAR (1960..?) and went into the thinwall casting days...:yuk: At least the 394 was around until '64...