PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Boats ?

Nubbs
05-11-2004, 06:16 AM
Ultra Boats ?
I looked at an Ultra boat the other day. The serial number started with "UBI". I looked up the manufacturer code on ultra custom boats. I got the following results:
US Coast Guard Manufacturer's ID Code Lookup
(Also known as the HIN 3, which is the first three letters
of the vessel's Hull Identification Number and denotes the manufacturer of the vessel.)
MIC Company CompanyAlternate City State Zip
UBI Ultra Custom Boats Ultra Boats Inc IRWINDALE CA 91706
UCU Ultra Custom Boats Of Sn Dgo John West Custom Boats Inc EL CAJON CA 92021
Now I'm confused. What's the difference between the two? I always thought Ultra was the Ultra in San Diego.
Thanks
Nubbs

BoatFloating
05-11-2004, 06:44 AM
Was it a used Ultra? If so it could of been before John bought company and when Vanderbeek owned it filed BK. This also could of been made by the guys at Cobra who made their own Ultra Hulls. Ultra Boats has quite a history and I think Hot Boat did a story a few years back called the "Dangled Web".

boatnam2
05-11-2004, 07:07 AM
call john in san diego he will set you straight.

Nubbs
05-11-2004, 09:01 AM
It's mid 90's, I can't remember the exact year and I don't have it with me.

mud duck
05-11-2004, 09:09 AM
Now I want to go check my serial number. :D

FRENCHIE
05-11-2004, 09:35 AM
Shoulda....SHOCKWAVE!;)

TheLurker
05-11-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by BoatFloating
Ultra Boats has quite a history and I think Hot Boat did a story a few years back called the "Dangled Web".
Sounds like that story would be interesting reading for me anyway.
I have been wondering for a few years whether Ultra Boats ever had any corporate association with the Ultra Limo or Ultra Wheels people.
Years back at a boat show ,I cant remember which one, Ultra boats had a display that had a strech Hummer or something
in the display.

ULTRA28
05-11-2004, 09:48 AM
The article in Hot Boat talked about the entire boat business and how many companys evolved. Since the article several more have come into play that have spawned off of others. It was Warlock that had the Hummer on display. Ultra is not associated in any way with the limo company or the wheel company. I only build boats. The HIN numbers I assign to each boat are UCU.

TheLurker
05-11-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by ULTRA28
The article in Hot Boat talked about the entire boat business and how many companys evolved. Since the article several more have come into play that have spawned off of others. It was Warlock that had the Hummer on display. Ultra is not associated in any way with the limo company or the wheel company. I only build boats. The HIN numbers I assign to each boat are UCU.
Thanks, Thats right it was by the Ultra / Warlock display (Totally forgot about the Warlock brand) No need for me to wonder any more but I still need to read that article.
Hey Hot Boat if your listening how about a follow up article on the evloution of the boat builders since the last article

Dr. Eagle
05-11-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Nubbs
It's mid 90's, I can't remember the exact year and I don't have it with me.
John bought the company in 1995 if memory serves me straight.

Ziggy
05-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Ultra is not associated in any way with the limo company I only build boats. The HIN numbers I assign to each boat are UCU.
No kidding, the first time I saw the Ultra limo place there by the 15/91 intersection I was like "Huh? , what dat?"

BoatFloating
05-11-2004, 10:08 AM
I think you would have to agree that Ultra' by far has had the biggest web. Since you've taken over it has calmed down alot. There is quite a few older Ultra's running around that your not sure who built them.
So can you answer Nubbs question. What spawn is UBI ????

Nubbs
05-11-2004, 12:51 PM
Thanks
Nubbs

BoatFloating
05-11-2004, 12:55 PM
I could go on forever with the Ultra web. UBI was Jerry Van Beeks HIN numbers.
John, there is no need to. You really made a name for yourself and your company. No need to live in the past. Your building some top notch rigs, keep up the good work.