PDA

View Full Version : Havasu 5/21-23

Kachina26
05-11-2004, 09:32 AM
Who's up? Who's going? Where ya stayin?

caribbean20
05-11-2004, 01:22 PM
Buddy of mine from Detroit and I are making the trip from Laughlin down to Havasu that weekend. Staying at the London Bridge resort Friday night and Saturday, assuming we don't hit something on the way down. We'll be in my 20' Caribbean jet, black and orange, with the jolly roger flag, pounding coldies until we see straight. Will say hi if we see ya.

bgchuby
05-11-2004, 05:58 PM
The big chubby will be there that weekend with the newly installed stripper pole mounted on the stern. I keep heading for catalina but get lost in havasu somehow

Kachina26
05-11-2004, 06:13 PM
I think I saw you down at the Springs on Friday for the poker run lunch.

LASERRAY
05-11-2004, 06:57 PM
Had reservations at the Island for that weekend. But the boat broke last weekend and I can't drop it off at Essex to get repaired until the 28th. So no Havasu for me that weekend. :cry: Unless I go boatless and tag along in my buddies Hallet 210. :idea:

Kachina26
05-11-2004, 07:06 PM
Ah crap and I was wanting to finally put a face to the name. I thought I remembered you guys heading up that weekend. What did you break?

LASERRAY
05-11-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
Ah crap and I was wanting to finally put a face to the name. I thought I remembered you guys heading up that weekend. What did you break? Either the gimble bearing or u-joint. Or perhaps a gear in the outdrive, I don't know exactly as of yet. I was able to make it back to the ramp at bottom end rpm. The boat ran great on thursday, and Friday. Saturday morning is when it happened, so at least I had a couple of days of fun that trip.

Kachina26
05-11-2004, 08:16 PM
That sucks!!!! Warranty I hope. Keep me posted if your gonna hitch a ride with your bud.

LASERRAY
05-11-2004, 08:28 PM
That sucks!!!! Warranty I hope. Keep me posted if your gonna hitch a ride with your bud. Warranty most definately.
It looks doubtful that i'll go, but i'll have my friend look for you. ( can't miss your gel ) ;) :cool: .
Have a good weekend.:cool:

bgchuby
05-12-2004, 09:38 AM
big chubby is staying at the new Agave Inn on the island. yes I was down in havasu springs on the friday of the poker run. went up to the sandbar on saturday. watched all of the fools run over my anchor line all day. I will have my young kids on the boat for the weekend of the 21 so I don't know if the wife will let the pole be put up. damn I told her it was for skiing. I need to get the a/c recharged this week knowing that the lake will be hot.

Kachina26
05-17-2004, 05:52 AM
Bump

Ultra5150
05-17-2004, 10:36 AM
I'll be there with the family, we have a spot at the Islander. I am just bummed I missed th Ultra regatta this last weekend. I hope the weather is good.

dicudmore
05-17-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
Warranty most definately.
It looks doubtful that i'll go, but i'll have my friend look for you. ( can't miss your gel ) ;) :cool: .
Have a good weekend.:cool:
bummer about the breakdown. isn't that boat only a few months old???
outdrive? geez, how hard you drive that thing???

Ducatista
05-17-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Ultra5150
I'll be there with the family, we have a spot at the Islander. I am just bummed I missed th Ultra regatta this last weekend. I hope the weather is good.
Yea but the good news is, I already got that stupid awning up!!! Sorry you missed the regatta....we borrowed your boat on Sunday, figured you wouldn't mind.:D We might see you next weekend, or maybe take a last desert trip....don't know yet. We were up at 4:30am this morn, left Havasu and drove straight to work. We spent Sunday on the lake w/Rich, damn his new Magic deck is nice. :cool:
I gotta find out where you hide your boat key!

Ultra5150
05-17-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Ducatista
Yea but the good news is, I already got that stupid awning up!!! Sorry you missed the regatta....we borrowed your boat on Sunday, figured you wouldn't mind.:D We might see you next weekend, or maybe take a last desert trip....don't know yet. We were up at 4:30am this morn, left Havasu and drove straight to work. We spent Sunday on the lake w/Rich, damn his new Magic deck is nice. :cool:
I gotta find out where you hide your boat key!
I am sorry I missed helping you install your awning. I am going to have to make the carne asada on Memorial weekend for you and the wife to make it up to you.
I will have to leave you a spare set of keys to the boat and trailer.
Hope to see you this weekend.

Reaper1
05-17-2004, 03:01 PM
I'll be there for a week starting the 21st.:cool: Look for me in an all white American Offshore.

LASERRAY
05-17-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by dicudmore
bummer about the breakdown. isn't that boat only a few months old???
outdrive? geez, how hard you drive that thing??? I was babying it. Just trying to get some hours on it. I hope it's only minor.
I will be in Havasu on the 21st. Just boatless. I'll be in my friend's Hallett 210. We'll be at the Island.:cool:

Kachina26
05-18-2004, 05:28 AM
Well throw that shocker if you see me!

LASERRAY
05-18-2004, 03:00 PM
Well throw that shocker if you see me! ;)

1stepcloser
05-18-2004, 04:12 PM
Well be there, coming up Friday night, staying at Crazy Horse.

BENZEEN
05-19-2004, 10:12 AM
Who's up? Who's going? Where ya stayin?
The wife and I will be there from Fri-Sun. We are staying at the Howard Johnson.
We'll keep an eye out for you.
-Vik

Kachina26
05-20-2004, 08:00 PM
Who else???

LASERRAY
05-20-2004, 08:58 PM
Hey Mr. Goodwrench, what time are you launching on Saturday and from where? Also, where are you hanging-out on Sat?

Kachina26
05-21-2004, 05:21 AM
Early like 8ish from Windsor, gonna take the boy wakeboarding down south for awhile then the traditional cruise through the channel once the water starts to suck. I hope to head up to topock after a bit.

LASERRAY
05-21-2004, 05:32 AM
Early like 8ish from Windsor, gonna take the boy wakeboarding down south for awhile then the traditional cruise through the channel once the water starts to suck. I hope to head up to topock after a bit. Cool. I'll look for you. I'll be in a crowded Red/blue trimed Hallett 210. If I see you i'll throw the Shocker your way.;) :p

Up 4 River
05-21-2004, 08:48 AM
I'll be there in my boat this weekend! Throw me the shocker if you see me. I'm planning on skiing Saturday morning if the wind permirts and then heading down the lake or up to Topak. I haven't decided yet.
U4R

Whipped Caliber
05-21-2004, 09:21 AM
We will be up this weekend!! A little recon and drinking, if you see say hi!;) 15 days till OP6C-7 (MY head is starting to hurt)

Up 4 River
05-21-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Whipped Caliber
We will be up this weekend!! A little recon and drinking, if you see say hi!;) 15 days till OP6C-7 (MY head is starting to hurt)
Will you have the new boat out there? You really did a great job on that thing! :D

Whipped Caliber
05-21-2004, 11:47 AM
Yes I will be in the new boat. Will be at the sandbar saturday as well. ;)
BTW Thanks!!!;)

Kachina26
05-23-2004, 07:04 PM
Well all in all it was a good weekend. I didn't take as many pics as I wanted, sorry. I met a few new people from the boards and said hi to some old ones. John and Michelle (Warlock25) are some of the nicest folks I've met so far. Finally got to meet LaserRay and his much better half:D I think I saw Little Rowe Boats' set up if it matches his name
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/1284Havasu05_23_04_015-med.jpg
Was that you?:D
Saw many others that I recognized but couldn't put names to. HDD was in the channel with the Big Pimpin Hat. I saw Bear Down many times but couldn't get his attention, next time I'll go splash water on his boat, that oughta do it :D
The CG Auxillary was out in full force:confused:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/1284Havasu05_23_04_029-med.jpg
I don't know what that was about, but it looked like the snowbirds had stayed in Havasu.
Anyone know the story on this one?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/1284Havasu05_23_04_023-med.jpg
Just wanted to do a quikie update I'm gonna go nighty nite now.

shueman
05-23-2004, 08:41 PM
That last pix looks like somebody forgot the PLUG..!!

LASERRAY
05-23-2004, 09:51 PM
Hey Randy, that last pic looks like your buddy's new boat up at Topock.:D J/K. Let me know what the problem was. His boat looked fine when you guys blew by us at the end of the day. It was great to meet you and look forward to the next time.:cool: ;)

Garrddogg
05-24-2004, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
Hey Randy, that last pic looks like your buddy's new boat up at Topock.:D J/K. Let me know what the problem was. His boat looked fine when you guys blew by us at the end of the day. It was great to meet you and look forward to the next time.:cool: ;)
That was FUGGED UP!
thanks for stoppin Its good to meet people from the boards. the bilge outpumped the leak and temp stayed good so we were able to make it back.:cool:

LASERRAY
05-24-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Force 26
That was FUGGED UP!
thanks for stoppin Its good to meet people from the boards. the bilge outpumped the leak and temp stayed good so we were able to make it back.:cool: I'm glad that you made it back to windsor allright. Keep us posted as to what the problem was. All in all I think that your maiden voyage went well for the most part. It was good to meet you and We'll see you soon. The new boat looks great. :cool: