PDA

View Full Version : World Opinion

burtandnancy
05-11-2004, 01:17 PM
I had shelved this rant, thought we'ed had enough dialog about recent scandals, but todays terrible news boiled it up again.
The news media reports that world opinion of the U. S. has hit an all time low, including from our closest allies, the English, Israelies and Japanese. Where were these voices when our civilian contractors were mutulated, burned and hung for all the world to see. Now todays horrific news about a 26 year old civilian worker beheaded. We've got thousands of civilains in the mid-east trying to help these people. Whats going to happen to the next captured American, military or civilian?
For all the so called brain power we're supposed to have at the top of our government, why do they think they can bring democracy to hundreds of millions of muslims (Islamic Fundalmentalists) all over the middle east and other parts of the world. I don't think they will ever accept democracy, their culture is hundreds of years older than ours.
Our do-gooding interference in other countries affairs is getting too many people killed. Don't know what the solultion is, but don't think we're on the correct track. And I'm afraid that June 30th won't work the way our leaders say it will. end of rant...

rivercrazy
05-11-2004, 01:23 PM
I agree with you. Forcing our culture and principals on other cultures/nations that are generally illogically based, ain't the smartest strategy.....

Ducatista
05-11-2004, 01:45 PM
I fully supported the war in Iraq and our President, but I worry that these people are ungovernable and we may be wasting away lives of Americans and our money. I still support Bush, but I find myself fighting for the resolve to see it through. What a freekin mess we are in. I think it's time to come down hard on these terrorists.....or get the hell out and lick our wounds.:mad:

v-drive
05-11-2004, 01:46 PM
I agree with you both, and we have no other choice. We cannot force our will on other countries but, when those countries commit the acts against us that they did we are morally obligated to respond in a way that they will understand. Unfortunately massive force is all they understand. Maybe outwardly Iraq wasn't involved in 9-11 but, if you believe that they weren't you're dead wrong, if you believe that he didn't have wmd you're wrong. Do you want 9-11 to be a regular accurance. Losing one life is a horrible thing but so is losing 3000 at one instant. We have to be there. Support it!.....v-drive

Outnumbered
05-11-2004, 01:59 PM
Fvck those sorry excuses for humans. I support Bush too but these fvcks are a waste of time and money. Fvck beeing PC and just turn the place to glass:mad: :mad: :mad:
In case you didn't notice that news today got me a little worked-up.
OH, and by the way whats up with the new PC meter here that changes f@ck to ****?
WTF?
:mad: L

totenhosen
05-11-2004, 02:11 PM
I say let's get our people out and let them kill each other.

HighRoller
05-11-2004, 02:38 PM
A lot of people have accused Bush of turning our allies into our enemies. I disagree. I think his actions have merely exposed countries such as Saudi Arabia for what they really are! Saudi Arabia is not our ally based on their actions. Sure, they may spew more goodwill than a salesman from Commander Boats but their actions go against us consistently. How many times have we saved their asses only for them to turn around and screw us on the oil prices. I say we stop groveling to these turds and do what we need to do. WE are the good guys here, not the towel-headed scumbags. WE do not need anybody's permission, blessing or agreement on an issue to continue with our mission. And WE should not worry about how we offended some third world toilet rim like France because they will always hate us. The haves will always be hated on by the have-nots no matter what the issue is because we have the ability to actually do something about the problems of the world while they sit on their asses and run their mouths. When we stop worrying about pleasing the world as our first prioroty we'll be much better off.

OutCole'd
05-11-2004, 02:41 PM
Great post Huffpower.
Screw em all.

HammerDown
05-11-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by OutCole'd
Great post Huffpower.
I'll second that.

totenhosen
05-11-2004, 03:03 PM
we act like the world's welfare program. Time to stop!

gnarley
05-11-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by HUFFPOWER
it is easier than that, i've said it before so i'll say it again, STOP GETTING OIL from the middle east !!!!! the place will dry up, remember they don't make anything, build anything, design anything, they come to AMERICA to OUR colleges to learn something, i don't see our college bound kids going there to learn !!! get our contractors out, military out, and let them live in thier mud huts, the U.S. HAS TO STOP baby sitting everyone !!!, WHY IS EVERY DISASTER AMERICA'S PROBLEM, noone helps us when a tornado rips the heartland, or when a fire rips the west or hurricanes tear up the east coast, 9-11 was the perfect time for the U.S. to be like Australia, what do you have to offer BEFORE we allow you to enter our country, we could have cleaned house ( immigration ) allowing a small number , less than a 1000 to enter a year, good background checks and gotten rid of those that sand bag in our country for the "free ride of freedom", seems pretty basic !!!!!!!:mad:
Good post! And after they have no one to sell oil to they can drink the stuff since no one will sell them food!
They are selling oil at record highs, so why aren't we selling them EVERYTHING with 1000% tariffs on them including food?

Blown 472
05-11-2004, 03:16 PM
http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=04/05/11/1341206

v-drive
05-11-2004, 03:17 PM
Really, now that I think about it where do they get the majority of their money? if your answer is the US your right on.....v-drive

Dave C
05-11-2004, 03:55 PM
who cares what others think about the U.S. YOu shouldn't go through your life caring about what others think about you. Thats a very European thing to do.
We are generous and always willing to help others in need. What do we get in return. NOTHING.
People around the world have always been jealous of the U.S. and they continue to be jealous of us. This is very evident in the E.U.
We are an economic and military powerhouse and there is nothing other countries can do to stop it. Honesty, I don't think there are many instances where we overstep our bounds.
the war on terror is a simple matter of self defense that the E.U. members wish we would not "defend ourselves."
Jealousy, thats why they hate us!!....

Dave C
05-11-2004, 04:01 PM
-

HighRoller
05-11-2004, 04:15 PM
Exactly! Sticks and stones...why did we live by that adage when we were kids but now everyone's words have us cowering? Other people's words only have power when you LET them! Similarly, Bush should have stood firm on the prison issue. As Rumsfeld said, it was the military that discovered, exposed and investigated this problem, NOT THE MEDIA! The media are like jackals, and that's where Bush went wrong. Once you feed them by showing weakness they only get more ferocious. Bush should have told them it was being handled, end of story, we're moving on. Now you've cut off the jackals' food supply. And what do hungry jackals do? They start fighting with each other and eventually cannibalize themselves. And then he should have told the Arabs he would apologize to them after they apologize in total for every act perpetrated upon our nation by a member of an Arab nation. By the time they get to the bottom of that list everyone will forget about this!

Blown 472
05-11-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by HighRoller
Exactly! Sticks and stones...why did we live by that adage when we were kids but now everyone's words have us cowering? Other people's words only have power when you LET them! Similarly, Bush should have stood firm on the prison issue. As Rumsfeld said, it was the military that discovered, exposed and investigated this problem, NOT THE MEDIA! The media are like jackals, and that's where Bush went wrong. Once you feed them by showing weakness they only get more ferocious. Bush should have told them it was being handled, end of story, we're moving on. Now you've cut off the jackals' food supply. And what do hungry jackals do? They start fighting with each other and eventually cannibalize themselves. And then he should have told the Arabs he would apologize to them after they apologize in total for every act perpetrated upon our nation by a member of an Arab nation. By the time they get to the bottom of that list everyone will forget about this!
How come we are not bombing the **** out of saudi arabia since 15 of the 19 highjackers are from there, no ifs ands or buts, a direct link to 9/11 and yet nothing is done to them?????

FRENCHIE
05-11-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Ducatista
I fully supported the war in Iraq and our President, but I worry that these people are ungovernable and we may be wasting away lives of Americans and our money. I still support Bush, but I find myself fighting for the resolve to see it through. What a freekin mess we are in. I think it's time to come down hard on these terrorists.....or get the hell out and lick our wounds.:mad:
what he said!