PDA

View Full Version : Stolen boat/engine

robb
01-19-2002, 04:49 PM
My 20' Omega was stolen on Jan. 16 from my home in Glendale, CA. It was found 2 days later by the La Crescenta Sheriff's dept. in the hills above Sun Valley completly gutted! Needless to say, I'm blanking pissed off. It had a blown 468 Chevy with an 8-71 Littlefield, superchiller, gary williams dominators, dooley scoop, polished blower cover, all braided lines, polished rail kit, MSD, red lightning through transom headers, Teague oil filter head mount, strainer, all polished etc, etc,. It was show quality.
GS Marine rigged it all beautifully and Champion Marine in Chatsworth built the engine. The boat is now junk. The pump and intake were sawed out along the fiberglass along with the dash. All red anodized vents, billet red swim steps, exhaust tips, auto meter ultralite gauges, and the interior were also taken. I'm asking for anyone to keep an eye or ear out at Parker, Havasu or lake Castaic. It has a rump-rump-rump up and down idle from the Clay Smith solid cam. Thank you, Rob.

flattie
01-19-2002, 05:48 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that. I sold a boat to a guy a few years ago in wisconsin and the same thing happend to them. If they find the bastards who did shoot first ask question later.
Did you have any insurance?

superdave013
01-19-2002, 06:40 PM
That really sucks. I think those type of ****ers should be hung just like in the old days for stealing horses. You should watch the recycler and walk the long beach swap meet to see if any of your parts show up.

robb
01-20-2002, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the comments. The motor was insured but the boat is junk now since they cut out the transom, intake and dash. They'll get theirs!!!

superdave013
01-20-2002, 06:12 PM
You should pop over to Havasubarney.com and talk to barney. He's been doing lots of fiberglass and is very cost effective. I would think that insurance paid for the boat too didn't it. But then again I know what mine is insured for. That wouldn't pay for the engine!

kevin
01-24-2002, 08:49 AM
keep an eye out in the classifieds for boat parts, also long beach high performance sawp meet is coming up, have seen lots of boat parts there before.

Janky
01-24-2002, 03:15 PM
Yeah lets hang them... But wouldn't we have to hang them about 500 times... ya know, once for every horse

JohnwithJm
01-24-2002, 06:09 PM
Check out Long Beach this weekend. Good luck

LOWRIVER2
01-27-2002, 07:28 PM
Sorry to hear Robb, that just sucks.
Was looking at classifieds on HB, was that your boat listed for sale? If so, I'm sure you already covered this with LASO but did you show the boat to numerous folks? Any phone #'s, lic. plates, or veh. descriptions of people who looked at the boat? I'm sure this has been asked, just interested, I'm a lawman who has had two jet skis and a K5 Blazer stolen in last ten years, I can say I feel your pain. Many boats/rv's stolen this way. My skis were stolen from the notorious Gary's marine in Rowland Heights in 93'just before he went bankrupt, inside job for sure. Boat/ski theft has been on a serious rise in last four years.
Best of luck in some form of recovery for your loss.
LowRiver

LOWRIVER2
01-27-2002, 07:35 PM
Oops, sorry, Glendale P.D.
Also, do BDS Blowers have any ID numbers or did you put any owner applied numbers on the engine/parts? I know it sounds silly but it does help with any property to etch a driver's lic. # or other owner #. If the property is recovered so it can be returned to the owner. I don't know where an etched # could be placed discreetly on a blower but rest assured, if you give us any numbers, I'll be looking at blowers on the low river for ya!
LR

wideopen545
02-25-2002, 07:10 PM
thought i read on another post you found the guy he had your parts for sale and your buddy call and got him busted ffound a hole house full of parts

Kurtis500
02-25-2002, 08:35 PM
I hope thats the case!! If not, think about posting pictures of your equipment.. its just a matter of time until one of us runs across your stuff.

JLaughreySS24
02-25-2002, 09:06 PM
Yep, thats a good idea. Post some pics so we all know what your motor + parts look like. Robb, I leave in La Crescenta so thats pretty close to home. Did you have your trailer locked up? I have the tong of my trailer locked and cables running through the rims of my trailer. I also park my truck in front of it at night so its pretty safe. Did you have people checking it out because it was for sale?? Sorry to hear what happened.

BoatPI
03-09-2002, 05:51 PM
Stolen boat/Blower Motors, ETC. I work with 20 insurance companies. Most Hi-PO stuff. The best web site is Boatman.com. I do all of the PI stuff for Todd. For a few bucks he will build a web page with your photos and a reward at your set amount. Call you insurance company too.
Any clues on you posted stolen boats, forward them to me havaski1@aol.com.
And yes lawman, hi-po boat theft is the up and comming thing. Don't turn your back, and lock them down.

gimprvr
03-11-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by BoatPI:
Stolen boat/Blower Motors, ETC. I work with 20 insurance companies. Most Hi-PO stuff. The best web site is Boatman.com. I do all of the PI stuff for Todd. For a few bucks he will build a web page with your photos and a reward at your set amount. Call you insurance company too.
Any clues on you posted stolen boats, forward them to me havaski1@aol.com.
And yes lawman, hi-po boat theft is the up and comming thing. Don't turn your back, and lock them down.
your website doeasn't work are you sure you've posted it correctly?

Tbolt
03-18-2002, 07:16 AM
I live in northern Cal., I'm up and down the web all the time looking for parts I will keep an eye out, I printed your thread and will post it around the boat shops in the area sorry about the loss