PDA

View Full Version : an email I received that I agree with

Cas
05-11-2004, 09:11 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am now officially sick-and-tired of the self-serving and largely uninformed hand-wringing
about the goings on at Abu Ghraib prison outside of Baghdad. As someone who has
actually been on the grounds of Abu Ghraib prison, let me explain a few things.
First of all, there is no excuse for what a few soldiers did; but there is also
no reason to make this into the moral equivalent of the Black Plague.
It should be pointed out that the prisoners at Abu Ghraib are not Boy Scouts rounded
up for jaywalking. These are bad guys who either blew up or shot a coalition member;
or were caught assembling an explosive device; or were caught in a place where the
makings of explosive devices were found; or were caught with a cache of weapons.
See the pattern here?
In short they were trying to kill me and others like me. And if they succeeded in
doing that, they were going to come over here and try to kill you.
Ugly thought? You bet. But that is the kind of prisoner being held in the terrorist
section at Abu Ghraib.
The Roar du Jour from those who want to get into this story by beating their chests
over how terrible it all is, keep telling us that this has damaged American credibility
in the Middle East.
Let's look at that.
First, lots of Arabs don't like us in the first place. Those Arabs will not like
us any less for this incident.
That dislike has nothing to do with our cultural insensitivities. It has to do with
America's refusal to allow those same Arabs, many of whom have been bankrolling
the Palestinian terrorists for decades, to wipe the State of Israel off the face
of the Earth they way they have wiped it off the face of their maps.
Second, those who claim that the Abu Ghraib situation will poison the well of American
goodwill for decades, are really the ones who are under rating Arabs. They have
to believe that all Arabs will assign the actions of perhaps a couple of dozen soldiers
to the 280 million Americans who have pledged to help the Iraqis attain security,
independence, and prosperity.
Those making that claim must, therefore, believe that all Arabs have the intellectual
capacity of a frog (a real frog, not a French person) and the emotional development
of a three-year-old (a real three-year-old, not a French person).
Finally, our friends on the Left are so very, very concerned about how foreigners
(read, Europeans) will see us.
I don't care what the French, the Germans, or the Spaniards think about us. The
French and the Germans are up to their elbows in the fraud and theft of billions
of dollars in what is called the Oil-for-Food Program but which was really the Oil-for-Palaces
Program.
It will be interesting to see if the intellectual elites on the Upper West Side
of Manhattan are as upset with their vacation buddies in the Paris 16th as they
are with Secretary Rumsfeld when it becomes clear that their pals were fully engaged
in the systematic depravation of the people of Iraq.
Very often doing the right thing is also the hard thing. The easy thing is to close
your eyes to evil; or to make a bargain with the devil.
You cannot stop doing the right thing because it is hard, or because of what those
who would make a deal with the enemy in an attempt to rent their own safety, might
think about what you.
The actions of a few soldiers in Abu Ghraib were wrong. But we cannot allow the
spotlight currently shining on them to cast a shadow over the other 135,000 soldiers
who are in Iraq doing their jobs professionally, properly, and with honor.
Copyright ©2004 Richard A. Galen

SoCalOffshore
05-11-2004, 09:24 PM
I agree. How many prisoners had their heads cut off? That is what our enemies do to civilians. That is what they will do to all of us, if we let them.

MagicMtnDan
05-11-2004, 09:53 PM
Well said.
I have to tell you that after hearing even more of the very grusome details about the beheading of Nick Berg, I have no stomach for nor any patience to listen to the sheeot about that effen prison.
One American's life is worth MORE than every scumbag in that prison! And our enemy knows that which is why they will continue to terrorize us and make examples out of each and every American they can get their hands on, torture and kill.
The ONLY thing they deserve is the type of death that they would inflict upon us. That's the only thing they would possibly concern themselves with. We must do to them what they want to do to us.
We must answer their attacks with such strength that they cannot mistake our complete and total resolve for ridding the world of their kind.
God bless America.

Moneypitt
05-11-2004, 10:01 PM
What was done to these prisoners other than degrade them in the eyes of their religion. What can be done to discourage future terrorists? They are ready to die for their cause. Homocide bombers are martyrs, glorified, families rewarded. What scares them? Death, no. Imprisonment, no. To be degraded to the extreme, maybe. Screw them!! Treat them like naked dogs and maybe, just maybe, the next guy might think twice before acting. Just my .02.................Moneypitt

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-12-2004, 08:17 AM
The problem is some duma$$ took pictures and video! How f'en stupid can you be?

Moe_Havi
05-12-2004, 09:04 AM
War is ugly and especially so in Iraq. Trying to go into a region and cut out a cancer without hurting anybody else only causes more casulties for our troops. Either get out or do the job right.

repo man
05-12-2004, 09:13 AM
i've seen that video and it makes me sick. it makes you want to go to the nearest 7-11 and kill the cashier . i'm afraid that is going start happening because now people will think inocent civilians are fairgame.